SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > General Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

HP Sucks Period!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 128 votes, 2.55 average. Display Modes

Old 12-03-2008, 12:30 PM
sattamander Offline

HP Sucks Totally!

I made the mistake of buying an HP after 20 years of owning Dells. What a hell I fell into. Leet me make this perfectly clear, NEVER BUY AN HP OR COMPAQ. NEVER PERIOD! My Pavilion A1520y died less than 2 years into ownership with a bad motherboard that HP well new they had a problem with. Just check out the class action lawsuits against them. When I called Tech "support" (that's a joke, and a bad one at that) all I got was the old "monkey with a script" routine, you are out of warranty, you are out of warranty, you are out of warranty. When I ask for the person, Vivian's last name she said she didn't have one. Go figure that out! When I ask to be transferred to a manager she said there wasn't one. Nice job to have. HP doesn't care a damn about its customers and all this will lead to yet one more class action lawsuit. I told the rep that it wouldn't cost them a hundred bucks to fix my PC and buy them some good PR, she just repeated the same old line, you are out of service. Way do they even hire humans when they can just patch us thru to a recording that does the same thing?

Now you may ask why I was calling HP for help on a PC that was out of warranty. Good question but catch this. A friend of mine called them because he had the exact same problem, PC shutting down completely for no reason at all and out of warranty. He called the same 800 number and the person he got sent him a new PC stating they knew they had bad mother boards. Go figure that out! I told this to the rep and had her pull up his record. She told me his warranty was good til 2009! A flat out lie unless they up his warranty when they sent him the replacement. So it looks like there may be one person out at HP that has some brains and heart or maybe they just could do the math on the purchase date of my friends PC.

Bottom line, HP SUCKS! Dell will listen to you and you can even contact Micheal Dell thru email but HP doesn't have managers according to Vivian. Yeah right! Time to look up some corporate numbers and addresses. I really hate companies that refuse to deal with their problems in a positive way. HP won't be around for long with this attitude.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:48 AM
DaveC2003 Offline

All the companies I am contracted to all use HP computers. So they don't suck.

Windows 7 Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)

Old 12-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Barbi Offline

HP sucks

I was recently sent a customer service evaluation e-mail by HP and they asked me about my last phone call experience with them. It speaks for itself:

On a scale from 0 to 10 you rated your most recent service experience (phone support) overall as: 0. Why do you say that?

Because the incompetent foreign bitch (Angela or something was her name) in your low-life thirld-world call center outsourced to India had no fucking idea about how to restore Windows Media Player 11 onto my computer. (This is after another Indian idiot of yours earlier had gone ahead and deleted it from my computer when I gave control over to him.) This bitch was absolutely clueless and instead of saying so, she was just fishing around on the Internet trying to find a free download for my Windows Vista Home Premium system. I kept repeating to her that I had already tried everything she was looking at but she just kept on doing her own thing, not responding at all, her English language skills absolutely horrendous, she needs to fucking learn to speak English first, not to mention the lame-ass thick foreign accent all these Indian or Philippino reps have, they all sound like the gypsies that come to the U.S. from Guyana and get government grants here in upstate New York. In the end she started playing dumb, pretending not to hear me and she kept saying ďAre you there? Are you there? Are you there?Ē, thinking that I didnít know she was just pretending and trying to buy time. I just hung up on her because she was pissing me off and ruining my day.

Where do you get these fucking retards, you people??? You have the nerve to brag about providing excellent customer service when you outsource all your call center jobs to these underdeveloped countries taking jobs away from Americans and the end result is a bunch of untrained babbling robots speaking Gibberish. Yeah, I know, you only have to pay them 3 bucks an hour and being a multinational company and the beneficiary of globalism, you donít have to pay any tax to the governments of these thirld-world countries because the U.S. Federal Government has bribed them for you. HOW FUCKING DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT YOUR LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, ALL YOU COMPLACENT, DELUSIONAL, SELF-PRAISING, LYING FUCKS AT HP CORPORATE???? You should be totally ashamed of yourselves and just go out of business. GO OUT OF BUSINESS!!!

Old 05-28-2009, 04:02 AM
Chippychap Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbi
I was recently sent a customer service evaluation e-mail by HP and they asked me about my last phone call experience with them. It speaks for itself:

On a scale from 0 to 10 you rated your most recent service experience (phone support) overall as: 0. Why do you say that?

Because the incompetent foreign bitch (Angela or something was her name) in your low-life thirld-world call center outsourced to India had no fucking idea about how to restore Windows Media Player 11 onto my computer. (This is after another Indian idiot of yours earlier had gone ahead and deleted it from my computer when I gave control over to him.) This bitch was absolutely clueless and instead of saying so, she was just fishing around on the Internet trying to find a free download for my Windows Vista Home Premium system. I kept repeating to her that I had already tried everything she was looking at but she just kept on doing her own thing, not responding at all, her English language skills absolutely horrendous, she needs to fucking learn to speak English first, not to mention the lame-ass thick foreign accent all these Indian or Philippino reps have, they all sound like the gypsies that come to the U.S. from Guyana and get government grants here in upstate New York. In the end she started playing dumb, pretending not to hear me and she kept saying ďAre you there? Are you there? Are you there?Ē, thinking that I didnít know she was just pretending and trying to buy time. I just hung up on her because she was pissing me off and ruining my day.

Where do you get these fucking retards, you people??? You have the nerve to brag about providing excellent customer service when you outsource all your call center jobs to these underdeveloped countries taking jobs away from Americans and the end result is a bunch of untrained babbling robots speaking Gibberish. Yeah, I know, you only have to pay them 3 bucks an hour and being a multinational company and the beneficiary of globalism, you donít have to pay any tax to the governments of these thirld-world countries because the U.S. Federal Government has bribed them for you. HOW FUCKING DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT YOUR LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, ALL YOU COMPLACENT, DELUSIONAL, SELF-PRAISING, LYING FUCKS AT HP CORPORATE???? You should be totally ashamed of yourselves and just go out of business. GO OUT OF BUSINESS!!!

Surprised that one never made their brochure.....
I hate the ones that use the script, after seven of them you just want to scream "I've already done that" they never want to refer you to anyone who might know cos they think it reflects bad on them.
PLUS how interested are they in YOUR problem when one of their colleagues is chasing a cobra round the office...

Old 06-16-2009, 08:33 PM
tiredofhp Offline

Hp Sucks!!

Alright, I have read NUMEROUS complaints about HP and their lack of just plain caring. Lets get together and voice our opinions. Please send an email to me @ hpsuxs@gmail.com, and I will provide you with contact numbers and names of who we can contact. If they won't listen to us, let's just keep calling until they do!! We deserve to be heard, lets get together and MAKE ourselves heard!!

Old 06-21-2009, 08:18 PM
mrduke03 Offline

Maybe i can offer some assistance

I currently work as a FLA (Tech Support Rep) for HP. I absolutely LOATHE the job, unfortunately in today's economy I know that there are not a lot of other jobs that will pay as well other than factory work.
HP like many other companies has outsourced there Tech Support for NB's to a company named Teletech, (my actual employer). Currently if you call in for tech support on a notebook you have a VERY strong chance of being routed to 1 of 2 centers. Mine or the other main center which Teletech has in Bacoor in the Philippines. I feel everyone's frustration with having to deal with someone who doesn't speak English as there 1st language. I deal with it all day everyday when I have to transfer a customer and I struggle to explain the situation to the next tech agent.

I spend all day feeling frustrated by the company and their horrible policies. I have to suck it up and try and defend a company who's policies I disagree with and who's product after working here for this long would never buy (I bought a Macbook last week!)
If anyone has any questions on ways to resolve your issues or about phone numbers that will get you through faster, I would be more than happy to provide whatever information I can.

Once again, I already spend all day getting bitched at by customers, so PLEASE don't send me messages just to say how much HP sucks. I already know! TRUST ME!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Pavillion PC Offline

HP Sucks - Optical drive on the Pavilion - never buy an HP!

I wish I had read this before purchasing my Pavilion notebook in July of 2008. At the time I thought that I was getting a great deal.

My optical drive went out three weeks ago and thanks to the folks at "tech support" I have a paper weight.

I first attempted to use HP email tech support - Big mistake, I got a ream of standard information, ended up doing a system recovery, but no help with my problem. They told me that if it still did not work that I would need new hardware.

I then called to speak with a live person - what a joke! After they asked my name and went on for 5 minutes telling me about the extended warranty I could purchase from them I interrupted "Anthony" and told him what the issue was - my optical drive stopped working and I needed help to get a new one. After giving him my s/n and p/n he informed me that the warranty for the notebook I purchased in July 2008 had expired in April 2009. I asked how that could be, doesn't a year warranty last for 12 months?

After discussing the matter with "Anthony" he informed me that he would help me over the phone, but he was doing me a favor. He also told me that he was sending an email to the warranty dept. and that someone there would be contacting me within 48 hours. Time must have a different meaning at HP because I am still waiting for that call.

"Anthony" walked me through everything (3 hours on the phone!) I had already done with email tech support. He even took control of my laptop and tried them himself - I must be an idiot and incapable of following instructions.

"Anthony" then informed me that my optical drive was bad and I would need a new one, but that until my warranty issue was cleared up he could not send me a replacement for free. He assured me that he sent them an email and that I would be contacted within 48 hours - B_ _ _ SH _ _!

After 72 hours I contacted HP Tech support again. Gave "Jason" my ticket number and got to listen to him explain the wonderful virtues of the HP extended warranty. I stopped him mid sell and explained how "Anthony" had sent a POP email to the folks in the warranty dept and that this issue should be getting resolved.

"Jason" informed me that no email had been sent so he would send one right now so that someone from POP would contact me to resolve this issue - still waiting for this phone call too. He apologized and asked me what was wrong with my computer. He had me check to see if my optical drive was recognized by my computer (only an hour of screwing around this time). He then informed me that he was sorry, but that if I wanted my drive I would have to pay for it "his hands were tied".

I asked "Jason" if I needed to do anything and he told me to wait until I was contacted. I was so stupid that I actually thought that someone from HP would call me.

Two days later I called HP tech support to see what was going on. I have no idea who I spoke with. I asked the person four times to repeat their name and still could not understand what he said. He read the notes on what was wrong with my laptop andtried to sell me a warranty. I think they get fired if they don't sell you one. I stopped him and explained what was going on with the warranty folks. Nameless informed me that I needed to email a copy of my receipt to "hp.pop@mail.support.hp.com" to get the warranty resolved. I asked him why the other two techs did not tell me to do this? He did not know.

[I'm finding that no one at HP tech support seems to: 1) know how to render assistance to a customer, 2) care if problems with HP equipment are resolved, and 3) be held accountable for their actions.]

I repeated the email address nameless gave me back to him three times until he understood it and confirmed that it was correct. He told me that someone would call me in 24 to 72 hours. How stupid do they think we are?

Nameless also informed me that he was sending out an official HP system recovery disc. I would need to call tech support and have someone walk me through using the disc before they would say that my optical drive was dead.

I received an email from HP customer care (yeah, right!) and was able to track this disc. It arrived today, so I called HP tech support again to have them walk me through trying to have the broken optical drive read the disc.

I spoke with "Alyssa". She had to read the notes and then try and sell me an extended warranty. I stopped her and explained that "nameless" had already given me the email address to send a copy of my receipt to HP support and that this issue should be getting resolved - as a matter of fact someone from HP would be calling me any day to take care of this problem (I said this while not laughing).

"Alyssa" informed me that my receipt needed to be faxed to them. HP will not accept an emailed receipt. I wanted to explode. So far three HP tech support people had lied to me.

I stopped "Alyssa" and demanded to speak to a manager. She sounded hurt and then offended that I would not trust her - why should I?

"Alyssa" put me on hold for 10 minutes while she looked for a manager (I don't think they exist) and then came back on the line to tell me that the manager would put in an expidited request for someone at the "POP team" to contct me. I asked her why I should believe anyone from HP. She seemed offended that someone who has been lied to by three other HP employees would not trust a fourth one.

"Alyssa" told me that I would have to trust her. I asked to speak with a manager and was told that he would not speak with me. You just have to love how management works at HP. Instead of taking charge to keep a customer happy they push it off on some low level schmuck and hide. I demanded to speak with her manager - this is when "Alyssa" copped an attitude with me and started to get an pissy. She assured me that I was not being lied to by her (prove it) and that I would be contacted. I said Bul_ Sh_T! This was when "Alyssa" informed me in her most righteous voice that swearing on a phone line would not be tollerated. Apparently HP has some moral code that they can screw the customer and lie to them, but they will not allow the customer to vent.

"Alyssa" would not get her manager (coward!) and said I would have to trust them both. I really don't trust anyone at HP. I look forward to buying my next computer from someone else. I worked for a marketing compny a few years ago and liked my experience with a Mac. I guess you get what you pay for...

I called tech support again, because I was "Alyssa" never had me try and install the recovery disc.

I spoke with "Jack" tonight gave him my service ticket number and (wait for it) he informed me that I was out of warranty and tried to sell me an extended warranty. I swear they must have guns pointed at these people to get them to just spit this stuff back at customers. I explained why I was calling and he informed me that since I was out of warranty he could not help me. That became his mantra for every question I asked.

"Jack" informed me that I would need to fax my receipt to the POP team. I think HP punishes employees who try and help customers, maybe they fire them and only keep the ones who talk in circles and lie. "Jack" was kind enough to give me the POP team's fax number, but not an actual number I could call and speak to a living person. He then resorted to his line "I was out of warranty and so he could not help me." Then there would be a long pause - one time I waited for 2 minutes to see if he would speak again. Amazing! Who trains these people?

I told "Jack" that I had an email from HP stating that I was in warranty. It came with the information to track the recovery DVDs they sent me. He wanted to know when I was sent the email. I told him that I would send the email to him so he could read it - he told me that would not be necessary. If he saw that someone at HP said I was in warranty he might actually have to help me. "Jack" did and that information to my service ticket.

Stay tuned for an update in 48 hours to see if the HP POP team actually exists. My bet is that I will have to call them after 48 hours and speak at tech support again and be told yet again that I need to jump through another hoop.

I wish I could give this crappy of service to my customers and be able to keep my job!

Old 07-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Ethelbert Offline

Gave up hope

Long story short? Drive making bad noises, call tech, said I'm not registered for warranty, send info as required, no hear back for 6 months, try again, they tell me their records don't match mine, we argue -- like arguing with a rock, I send proof again. Not holding my breath. Lesson learned? Will always check out these "sucks" pages before purchasing.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Chitwood Offline

Exclamation HP and ME, as well as some useful tips

I purchased a HP Elite model desktop back in July of 08, I had issues right away. They didn't seem that bad so I was working with customer support for a quick repair, customer support during your first 30 days is located in America, I think in Texas and they seemed helpful at first. Little did I know they were dragging my issue out past the 30 days I had in order to send the computer back to HP as I purchased it over the phone. After the 30 days all customer support was routed through HP India, words cannot describe that torture.

Long story short, five times sending the computer in for repair and four replacements later (all replacements were updates of the Elite series, never the same model) I am still having issues with my computer. They are not as bad as before, freezing up constantly, window's and Internet explorer constantly shutting down. The screen breaking up into lines and either freezing up or losing input. Not to mention the Nvidia graphics card and my sound blaster audio card not working and the dreaded blue screen errors, all the time, the list goes on. My only real issue now is Windows media center, the printer and the TV tuner. HP didn't help with my issues either, I began checking checking companies like Nvidia for driver updates and ended up finding one for my current graphics card that stopped all the freezing up and error's. You think an HP techs would of recommended that or sent me a link for it.

I started out knowing how to use a computer but that was it, as for the inner workings I didn't know much. HP India techs had me open the side panel of the computer, they asked me to stick my hand inside and jiggle the memory board or mother board, not really sure, 4 small boards in the back. The computer was running at the time and I told him that, he said that was OK and told me I needed to perform this trouble shooting test with him before he could move on to the next step. I wasn't sticking my hand in a plugged in running computer, I am not that much of an idiot, even though I did buy HP.

I paused for a couple seconds, let out a scream, dropped the phone and went and got a drink. When I came back the tech was rambling in Indian with someone else. I made it like I passed out from a shock, it was funny, in my eyes at least, didn't do much to help me though but I think I scared the crap out of the tech. I still took me another two months before I got my first replacement. After that every time I would send the replacement back for repair they would always send me a new one in return, I don't get it I asked for my money back but the wouldn't give it to me, they rather rifle out replacement after replacement hoping one would work.

To anyone out there that doesn't know this already, if you have any issues do not go through HP India, use the case management department. Best way is to use the "e-mail the president" link, that e-mail goes directly to hp executive customer support (useless people), all their good for is setting up case numbers and transferring you to the case management department. Note, case management is as high as you can within hp and they can't close your case until the problem is solved. There numbers are, for hp executive support is 1-800-756-0608 X07 and case management is 1-877-917-4380 X09. You need to go through executive support first to generate a case number.

Be Careful if they are replacing anything, check the specs first. They tried to send me replacements that were lessor models, as well as lessor components. I caught this 3 times, all times they apologized and swapped it, normally it was an upgrade as the one I had was no longer available, thus why they were pawning of the cheaper components to me.

Let me know if this helps you. It took me a while to find the e-mail the president link as they don't advertise it as a form of customer support. They force you to get so pissed off that you try to find all means necessary to file a complaint. Their a joke, unfortunately most companies are, they all pump out crap in order to increase their profit margins, that's why they out source customer service, then again I don't just think its to save money but to discourage people to call and complain about issues, they figure people will think its less painful just to shell out a couple of hundred to have a private tech, like geek squad or who ever repair the thing.

Its funny to, this whole thing has jaded me in a big way. I have went around to companies like Best Buy, walmart, Amazon, all companies that offer HP product and left bad reviews based on my model as well as reviews on other products warning consumers about HP and their customer support, product history and policies, like not honoring their in home repair as in there after market warranty I purchased. I pretty much say don't just take my word on it, read all the reviews on this site as well as others and forums, especially negatives ones, it is so easy to see patterns form out of these reviews regarding issues with performance, customer support what ever.

I will say Amazon customers all have a hard on for HP products, out of 50 responses to my review 2 were positive. The other way around at all other sites except Amazon. I love Amazon, I have spent some good money there. I hope this offends no one here but who would ever buy a computer from Amazon, go to a electronic store any place you can walk into and ask for a refund just make sure they have a solid return policy first. I had to use HP's phone service because I wanted to customize mine, I went to Best Buy, they couldn't customize them, plus the charge restocking fee's if you had to return. My only option I found was HP phone sales or HP on-line.

Well it feels good to vent and get this all out, I hope this site is a little more receptive than the Amazon review readers. I hope this doesn't offend any reader. Thanks for listening to me vent.

Chitwood

Old 08-30-2009, 01:10 PM
chatin Offline

Unhappy Go to another company

Have an HP dv9000 that somehow is not on the list of recalled laptops. The "Go 7600" graphics chip failed because of the well know nvidia defect.

Speaking of "Go" I'll never go with another H.P. again!

Old 09-07-2009, 10:26 AM
dharvell Offline

Incredible. It seems that people who are complaining about HP either attempted to call AFTER their warranty has expired, or they were just simply too lazy to register their equipment. Funny thing. I just purchased an HP Pavilion dv7. After 2 weeks of ownership, my hard drive failed. Sure, a hard drive should not fail that soon, but since I registered my notebook, I had NO problem getting a replacement. The process was rather simple, in fact. Call the 800 number, tell them the error I received, got transferred to the hardware department, hard drive on the way.

It doesn't sound like HP is the problem, then. It's people who are too lazy to register their stuff, then expect free equipment when they are not entitled to it.

Follow the directions and things tend to work, better.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:09 PM
flappah Offline

Do i smell hardware melting?

You now what happened with my parents laptop...

THE HARDWARE MOLTED, YES MOLTED!!!!!!!
AFTER 6 MONTHS!
it whas from the laptop series american chopper promoted.

I didn't even know laptops could get this bad but somehow, HP made the biggest screw up EVER!

HP LAPTOPS FAIL EPICLY!

Old 11-18-2009, 02:49 AM
rhn Offline

Exclamation Hp Sucks...get A Mac!!

My HP Pavillion Entertainment PC is still within the warranty period. After numerous failed communication attempts with India and hours on the phone I finally got a work order from them. I'm now on my THIRD work order and my "case" has been turned over to a specialist because everytime I have to ship my laptop off to the repair center (which is so inconvenient) it comes back with more damages!! My laptop is less than a year old and it now has scratches all over the surfaces from the abuse it receives at the HP chop-shop! I have had the worst experience with HP products as well as their warranty service. I will NEVER buy HP products again, and will share my experience with anyone I know making a decision about purchasing HP Products.

HP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2009, 05:41 PM
shotcaller Offline

i totally agree with hp being garbage for the simple fact that i own one and yes it is a peice but i just upgraded my operating syste to window 7 ultimate and now i have absolutly no sound i got a X over my speaker icon now it have atempted twwice to install a multimedia audio controller. i also whent to hp website andd downloaded the conextant audio driver and it seams to download but does not show up on my playback device center. i then whent and downloaded a realtek AC97 driver and that seams to do the exact same thing.i am running a HP pavilion dv8000 notebook. if someone could please help me that would be amazing if not i guess i will be forced to go back to windows xp and i really like ll the features that windows 7 offers.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:33 AM
Simon_Dude Offline

support from Dracula

Guys,

If you thought consumer support is crap, listen to my story:

Since 2 weeks I'm dealing with a problem of a Blade PC Enclosure which is reporting power supply temperature error at least 300 times a day (I'm not exaggerating). I'm from Europe, so whenever I call HP support I get routed to some callcenter in Romania (country where Dracula comes from.....) forcing me to talk to people who can't speak much German. Oh well. These Blade systems aren't cheap. We paid 20k$ + another 3k$ for Next Business Day repair care pack and warranty extension to 5 yrs. Makes one think you can expect good and fast support? Wroooong, we're talking about HP here.

First time I called:

Call gets logged. I receive a call back from a technician promising replacement of the PSU next day. 2 days later I get a PSU. Replaced it, problem persists.

Second time I called:

Call gets logged. Next day I receive callback. Some dude says he needs logfiles to further analyse shit. I ask him where to get logs - he sends an Email with instructions for a Server blade system. I reply that I have PC Blade, not Server blade. He promises to send enclosure replacement next day. Next day comes, no goods from HP. I call them again. Bitch around. Let the case be escalated. Some manager-dude calls back. Says "sorry, sorry, sorry, we received the order too late, we can't do it today, tomorrow, promised". Ok, ok.
Next day: Local Technician dude from HP partner company arrives. He doesn't have a new enclosure - only a new backplane. Alright, let's exchange it.
Next day: Problem persists.

Third time I called:

Call gets logged. No call back. I call again - wtf, where's my callback - yeah sorry, we're under heavy workload blablablablabla I'll call you back tomorrow.
I never received a call again from HP. I keep calling those bitches on a daily basis, complaining, yelling, insulting, threatening - nothing helps. Those dickheads just ignore me.

HP hardware in general is gr8. If it works. But don't expect any help if you have a serious problem. It gets even worse when your hardware is rather special and those homies from support don't know it at all.

Oh well...I guess I'll pick up the phone now and start yelling at random HP reps. to get some peace of mind.

Last edited by Simon_Dude : 11-25-2009 at 07:37 AM.