SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > General Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

HP Sucks Period!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 128 votes, 2.55 average. Display Modes

Old 03-24-2011, 11:45 AM
auglocqnuk Offline

As far as I am concerned, HP can go to H-E-double hockey sticks. I Upgraded my Pavilion dv8 1200 (that I paid $1500 for, by the way) from Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Now that I am having driver issues, I called HP, and they tell me that simply upgrading Windows has voided my warranty. Even a regional manager is unwilling to help. HP SUCKS @$$. Never buy any product that is even associated with HP, past, present, or future. I knew I should have stuck with Asus.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:33 PM
RTCOMP Offline

Exclamation 2 desktops - HP Pavilion p6115y - smoking from CPU and computer is dead!

I also want to warn anybody against buying anything from HP period!!! Any HP computer, desktop, laptop, Netbook, printer etc. Do not expect HP customer support to resolve your issues, even if you have 2 of the exact same HP computer desktops catch on fire! I and several of my clients have had numerous problems with HP computers. I recently had fire issues with 2 desktops, both model HP Pavilion p6115y, both caught on fire with flames and smoke coming out of the back of the CPU. HP Customer support is really horrible!!! They have given me the runaround and have not been honest about a fire hazard with this desktop model that I bought 2 of (HP Pavilion p6115y). HP is one of the biggest outsourcer in this country, they have outsourced almost all their customer support!!! They have shipped their production along with their support out of the United States, taking away manufacturing and customer support jobs from American workers who certainly need jobs and are certainly smart enough to work on an assembly line or answer support questions. HP makes super cheap products with cheap parts and labor and cheap non-English speaking customer support. Unless your problem escalates , then they give you an English speaking support person, who pardon the pun, tries to "put out the fire". But they aren't really trying to solve your problem. When I first called HP support and got 3 different Indian "English speaking" customer reps, I had to spell out every single word I said, it was so tiring!!! i.e. you know like "Desktop", D is for Dumb, E is for easy, S is for Stupid, K is for Kite, T is for Tom, O is for Okeedokee, P is for Pain. You can't just say the word, I had to do this stupid waste of time spelling out the word for everything I said, so be prepared to waste a lot of time if you have to call HP Support!!! Here's the post I left on HP Support "support" forum:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-D...is/td-p/559971
"I bought 2 HP desktop/monitor combos on 09/07/09 from Bestbuy.com -HP-Pavilion Desktop p6115y and a monitor. The Desktop in my office starting smoking and caught on fire about 1 week before my warranty ran out, at the end of August 2010. I called HP support, spent over one hour on the phone, being sent to 3 different people, (all 3 were men with Indian accents who couldn't understand half of what I was saying - must have been my Boston accent). One thing common in all 3 of the HP support men I talked to, they were all very concerned that the computer was smoking with flames out the back. I was assured by all 3 of the HP reps that I would be sent a new computer! Well that "HP line" changed on Monday when an English speaking woman rep called to tell me that would not receive a new computer and that I had to send my computer to HP where they would fix it. She did not seem alarmed at all (maybe since it wasn't a computer catching on fire in her house!) I shipped it to HP and they supposedly fixed it. Yes, it doesn't smoke and burn anymore but the fan runs really fast and makes a lot of noise for no apparent reason several times a day!! I have been a computer consultant for over 30 years and fix all my own as well as client's computers. It's obvious that the CPU gets too hot and the fan is working overtime to cool down the CPU. So it was really not fixed by HP! In fact it is making that noise now as I am writing this! HP just fixed it just enough to please themselves and my computer became out of warranty right after it was fixed last summer. I NEVER leave my computer on when I go to bed or leave the house after it caught on fire last summer and HP supposedly fixed it. When I had the first one fixed, I raised my very serious concern that this problem would also happen to the other exact same model that was in my son's house. And I said that I was worried that that same model desktop may also have a "fire/smoking CPU" problem. I was basically told by the HP customer service rep. that there was no basis for that theory "of it being a problem with a particular model" and they WOULD NOT replace the other computer of the same model. I was told that I was "worrying too much" by the HP rep. I told my son to be careful and turn off his desktop when not in use since mine caught on fire. Luckily my son and his wife were home when this exact same thing happened to the HP Pavilion p6115y in their study, the one I bought at the same time as the one that caught on fire in my house. Last week the other HP-Pavilion Desktop p6115y computer started smoking and caught on fire, they smelled it and were able to shut it down before the flames were able to spread from inside the computer. Well wouldn't you know it, this computer is out of warranty!!!!! SO I'm stuck with a dead HP-Pavilion Desktop p6115y that could have burned down my son's apartment. And this is after I raised a VERY STRONG CONCERN that this exact computer (HP-Pavilion Desktop p6115y) would indeed catch on fire. Too bad the HP rep blew me off!!!!!! Has anyone else had this problem with an HP Desktop?"
An HP customer rep opened a problem ticket after I posted the above post on the HP Support "support" forum, but so far they have not solved my problem with the first desktop that HP "fixed" but didn't fix and they want to look at the second desktop that caught on fire, but with no promises of a replacement, no promises of anything since it's out of warranty. The HP Rep refuses to answer my question about what was the safety report on the first burned out desktop HP Pavilion p6115y that wasn't fixed by HP, but said about my 2nd burned out and dead desktop: "I would like to bring your unit in for a safety evaluation, upon the completion of the evaluation I will contact you and we can discuss next steps". So I have to once again put my trust in HP to "fix" my computer and also be honest with me about whether it is a lemon and fire danger. Also, with no guarantees of fixing this one since it's out of warranty or replacing it. No Thanks HP, I have been contacted by other consumer based support forums about looking at both these burned out HP desktops, so they can warn the consumer with the information that they gather. I think that I will get more of an honest safety report from someone other than HP. Have any other people had similar problems with HP? What would you do if you were in my situation? Would you send the 2nd burned out and dead HP Pavilion p6115y back to HP with no guarantees of anything?

Old 03-31-2011, 07:54 PM
unclechubby Offline

Angry hp Pavilion Slimline s3712f PC

Yes I'm finished with HP. I spend a fortune for this computer. The hard drive crashes. I go to the HP web site and there are warnings all over the website about this KNOWN problem. I download the fix on the HP website and it does not work.

I call HP customer service. They will NOT go good on the hard drive that they KNOW is a problem for EVERYONE who bought this particular machine which is evident by ALL the WARNINGS on their web site... but they will sell me a new hard drive for a modest fee of $80 dollars.

I call Seagate, the makers of the hard drive. They will not fix it. They said I must go to HP to get if fixed.

Remember this when you are looking at an HP computer.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:59 PM
unclechubby Offline

My wife has a Dell laptop that is ancient. When she calls Dell for customer support, they tell her it is out of warranty just like HP tells me. The difference is Dell helps her anyway.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:12 PM
RTCOMP Offline

Thumbs down 2 desktops - HP Pavilion p6115y - smoking from CPU and computer is dead!

Like I said in the previous posts, I am done buying anything at all from HP. I just bought a new Dell Desktop and an IBM Lenovo Laptop to replace the 2 HP Pavilion p6115 HP Desktops that caught on fire. I'm transferring the programs from each of the HP Pavilion p6115 HP Desktop drives to their respective new computers. Along with the wasted hours spent trying to resolve this problem of 2 HP Pavilion p6115 HP Desktops that caught on fire, this whole HP fiasco and dealing with HP "non" support has taken so many hours of my time and it continues to drain my time. I still have to finish transferring all my data and reinstalling numerous programs on the new replacement laptop and desktop as the 2 Pavilion p6115 HP Desktop computers are dead. All this while keeping up with our IT Business. Over the next year we will upgrade 12 of our office computers and we are working with various NON-HP dealers to expedite dumping the remaining HP computers and printers. Also, we have notified all of our clients that we no longer recommend and we will not install new HP Computers. Our clients still have plenty of choices for computers and with the added discount we are getting passed onto our clients, the cost of IBM and Dell computers will now be more affordable to us and our clients. HP is not honest with their customers about HP hardware that is a dangerous fire hazard and the bottom-line is HP Support will not admit to any "safety hazard". Once Hp sells you their product, they are done with you. HP Products are made from cheap parts, cheap labor and cheap support in India. HP SUCKS - PERIOD!

Old 05-01-2011, 10:05 PM
tbrentlong Offline

Angry Never buying HP ever again

After forking over premium $$ for the stupid Pavilion dv8 with 18" screen, 8gb, i7, etc, the piece of junk has been trouble from the first week. It's been to HP for service 3 times, and thank God i bought the stupid 4-year warranty extension, because it will probably wind up going back to them at least another 10 times. They can't/won't fix the problem. Same problem every time, with the touch bar at the top automatically turning wifi on/off, volume up down, treble up/down, bass, etc. I HATE THIS STUPID computer and will never buy another HP computer. I tell everyone I can too...I've become an official 'hater'

Old 05-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Schambles Offline

Unhappy Never Buy A Hewlett Packard Computer

From the time that I purchased my HP-dv8 Pavillion, I've had nothing but problems. Among them was an issue with the HP Advisor and/or quick launch bar messing up my computer and giving it the blue screen of death, turning my wifi connection on/off, and the touchpad left/right mouse keys dying. I originally called HP support while the computer was in warranty about the issue and they remedied the blue screen of death issue. They advised that they were working on the issue of the computer turning the wifi off/on and they had plenty of temporary solutions. They told me to uninstall/reinstall the drivers among other things. None of their suggestions resolved the issue. The computer went out of warranty with the problem still unresolved. I never had any follow-up on their side for my problem. Fortunately, my husband found a forum that detailed how to bypass the quick launch bar, which is one of the reasons that I loved my Pavillion, but was the reason that the wifi was going off/on. So one of the things that I loved about the computer, the ability to quickly and easily access/control media, is now defunct.

I also had a HORRIBLE customer service experience with HP. I got a representative who was clearly overseas. He was rude and unhelpful. He talked over me repeatedly as I tried to explain my problem. When I asked him to quit interrupting me so that I could finish explaining my problem, he said that he didn't have to. I was stunned and shocked that any company would tolerate that sort of behavior and expressed my extreme disappointment via e-mail. That was four months ago and I haven't received any feedback. My disappointment is such that I am posting about my problems in any forum in the hopes that one day, HP will realize that their current corporate culture is unsatisfactory and they need to change. I am telling friends, family, colleagues, and anyone else that will listen that HP doesn't make quality products and to please NEVER buy a HP product.

On a happier note, my husband recently purchased an Apple macbook and it is awesome! Everything from the external to internals are great and top-notch. It is fast, easy-to-use, and they have great customer service. I will never purchase another HP product and am not sure how to unload the worthless turd Pavillion that I have. I can't in good conscience give it to anyone that I know nor am I comfortable with the thought of sellling it to someone else knowing all of the problems it houses inside its pretty exterior.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:53 AM
whatcanisay Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_tenshi
I just want to warn everyone away from buying any kind of HP/Compaq notebook. It's really not the hardware themselves, but the tech support that ruin this company. When they maufactured my laptop, instead of putting my 512 memory card in the correct dimm, they put it in the wrong one. So now I can't upgrade my memory without going to Best Buy and paying extra. I have their so called "extended warrenty" plan that covers all manufacturing defects and they're telling me that it's not one. They built the stupid thing wrong! Sorry to rant on everyone. It does feel better. I'm running out of companies to buy computers from... Next time... I'm getting a Toshiba!

I agree the above based on my own experience> in a mall i bought a compaq presario cq56 sh150 and after 2 weeks! the corner of the led panel broke just from opening the lid. Fly around the customer care like flies around a piece of i realized that there is no such thing!!! So drop it like it is hot.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:57 AM
trukdam Offline

yeah, they really do suck

so... I had a hpl7580 mulifunction printer. I just threw it in the dumpster this morning. I first went to hp's website fire off a rant about how I would never buy another HP product... but the email contact form was apparently broken somehow... that really set me off... So... in a fit of rage I picked up the printer marched outside, and threw it in the dumpster. I will swear on all my dead and living relatives that under no circumstances will I ever buy an HP product.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:48 PM
HPNOTLIKER Offline

HP Printers and my cheap PhotoSmart printer.

Can you believe that now HP printers know (with software) if you have refilled a cartridge? And now the printer will not allow the printer to work since IT knows it has printed more pages than the original cartridge can print. It has locked me out of using MY printer with MY choice of ink. HP phone support confirms it.

CRAZY. Try to save a few dollars on ink... THANKS HP. Anyone else experience this?

Old 07-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Sadge Offline

HP SUCKS!!!!

I too want to express my anger and displeasure with Hewlett Packard. They used to be a great company until Carly Fiorini castrated it and made it a 3rd rate computer company.

The laptop in my hard drive crashed taking any possible method of recovery with it. I went online to buy the recovery disks from HP, no problem, right? I got the disks for $13, great price but you get what you pay for. The 2nd disk wouldn't load so I've spent 3 different occasions with the wonderful India customer service and wasted hours of my time trying to get "1 simple replacement disk!!!"

They told me I would have to buy the extended warranty to get a replacement for my replacement! I explained that I already paid once but the disk was defective and just wanted a # 2 disk which wouldn't load. You would think I asked them to rebuild the whole system and give me a check for $1000 but they would not send me the disk!!

I'm an engineer, I actually worked for HP when it was a great company, I told the Indian customer service rep that I would never ever ever buy another Hewlett Packard product again and I would tell as many people as possible bad they sucked now!!!

Seriously people, don't ever buy their products because they won't give you the time of day, even if it's their fault without making you pay for something. There are many many other excellent companies out there who would love to give you great customer service and who care about their customers. I vote with my money and HP has just been voted into bankruptcy as far as I'm concerned.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:57 AM
xcrunner503 Offline

lol cannot agree more im never buying an HP after my experience with their chitty products. theyre cheap however (for the most part) so others will keep buying their stuff
GTX 560 Ti GPU
700W PSU
1TB HD

Old 07-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Lippy Offline

Never buy an HP

I bought a sequence of HP laptops over a short period, before I knew better. All began to fail shortly after their warranty expired. The last in this series constantly ran at 90 degrees Celsius from the moment it was purchased. HP=poor design, poor quality, poor customer service and is a fundamentally dishonest company that is out to cheat the consumer. I will never buy any HP product again, and advise everyone else to do the same.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:14 PM
JRD Offline

I wish I'd read this forum before replacing my old printer with an HP Officejet All-in-One printer. A sales rep (probably trying to make a quota) pushed it off on me at an Office Depot store. Nothing but problems from day one! Now I too have an expensive paperweight that locks up if I try to use a different brand of less expensive ink than HP or a refilled cartridge. HP wants to make sure they get your money!

The scanner and fax functions have never worked properly. This hunk of junk is worthless and coping with it stresses me out. One thing's for sure--I will NEVER buy another HP product! I'm going to toss this printer and get another brand.

Unfortunately, I bought a refurbished HP Pavillion laptop last year for my son, and there have been some problems with it not wanting to recognize our WiFi network. I hope none of the many computer problems I've read about on this forum happen to it. My desktop is a Dell that I bought in 2004, and it still works fine with Windows XP. When it finally becomes necessary to upgrade, I will probably buy a Mac. For sure...no more HP products!!!

Old 09-23-2011, 08:22 PM
jim123 Offline

I am so angry right now that I can barely speak. My HP PSC 1401 All-in-one printer is printing out alignment pages for me to scan. I have 20 alignment pages lying around so far. However, it will not allow me scan the page to alingn the printer or to print because "my black ink cartage is inproperly installed." So although this piece of **bleep** printer can print out alignment pages ad nausem, I can't print anything I want to print (papers and documents that I need). This stupid printer keeps printing these alignment pages everytime I reboot the computer. Hewlett Packard you are a bunch of criminals. You are stealing my ink and my paper all for a problem that I cannot correct no matter what I do. I am so angry that I will never buy another product from you as long as I live. Please rot in hell.