SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > General Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Mac or PC?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.75 average. Display Modes

Old 12-24-2011, 02:12 AM
Gizzygo Offline

Mac or PC?

I dont want to hear "PC because its better" or "Mac because its prettier" I want a legit response. I, my self, like macs because i find them more user friendly. So what do you guys think?

Old 01-18-2012, 05:43 PM
spaceboymike Offline

'user friendly' is highly debatable, I think it all comes down to habit as we are all creatures of one. In my case PC, because I've used it all my life and get around quite well, although I agree that for someone just getting into stuff would ind Mac easier to begin with

Old 03-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Gizzygo Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboymike
'user friendly' is highly debatable, I think it all comes down to habit as we are all creatures of one. In my case PC, because I've used it all my life and get around quite well, although I agree that for someone just getting into stuff would ind Mac easier to begin with

I started with a PC to. All my life and kind of recently got a Macbook Pro, and I love all the functions of it!

Old 03-31-2012, 12:36 AM
v8ornot2v8 Offline

I am much like gizzyco. I went through a PC a year, have had my mac about 6 months and love it, and it isn't dragging or showing any signs of being sick like my pcs did at this point

Old 04-03-2012, 05:44 AM
Barbara366 Offline

It is difficult to compare them because on one hand more programs are built for Windows, especially games. PCs are more customizable and upgradeable. However, when it comes to laptops, Macs tend to be more durable and last a lot longer than other laptops. Plus the battery life is great. So in that sense, it's worth it to pay more for a Macbook that will last you 4 or 5 years than pay less for another laptop which tends to fall apart faster and which you will need to replace in 2 or 3 years.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:21 PM
v8ornot2v8 Offline

Update: Mac is still doing great, but I have had some format issues between version of MS Office and friends with PC's, so I brought up a PC I had, and use that for some file work I do.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:25 AM
Barbara366 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8ornot2v8
Update: Mac is still doing great, but I have had some format issues between version of MS Office and friends with PC's, so I brought up a PC I had, and use that for some file work I do.

That is normal. PCs and Macs do have the same x86 architecture but that is for CPUs, not operating systems.