User Name
Password

Losing Interest in S&H Site!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Old 01-27-2004, 02:16 AM
bboysatch1 Offline
Breaker

Post Losing Interest in S&H Site!

Well i have been a member of this site for about 1 year now and beginning to lose interest in what the site provides. This site has been good to me, but beginning to become ignored. It seems like the person(s) who organise the site and the information on the site, are ignoring the site. There is barely anything new, same old EVERYTHING, and the only thing keeping this site alive is the forums. I have looked into other forums such as http://www.overclockersclub.com/ and
http://www.themexp.org/
These site may not have the same theme as this site does, but it sure is different and interesting everytime I go on the sites.
Please make something different about this site, nothing is new, no new info on windows xp ALL OLD.

PS: When u go into forums, the background still has SNOWFLAKES, this shows unorganisation!
WD 80gig harddrive 8mb cache
EVGA Geforce FX 5700 Ultra
SoundBlaster Audigy
Pioneer DVR-106
Windows XP Pro Service Pack 1

Old 01-27-2004, 12:20 PM
chance Offline
Nothing else 2 do

i agree, it is dieing. i have been going to other forums also. this one is kind of one sided, i can post answers to questions i think i can help with, but i am not learning much.

Old 01-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Flyfsh Offline

I am still finding things here to keep my interest.

Old 01-28-2004, 01:26 AM
LooseChippings Offline

Re: Losing Interest in S&H Site!

Quote:
When u go into forums, the background still has SNOWFLAKES, this shows unorganisation!

As I am writing this reply it is snowing here in the UK!

Quote:
i can post answers to questions i think i can help with, but i am not learning much.

Do you actually read ALL threads or just the ones you can answer? Remember the more you learn the less there is to learn.

Quote:
I am still finding things here to keep my interest.

Same as you on this one Flyfsh, I suppose it is different horses for different courses.

Old 01-28-2004, 12:03 PM
chance Offline
Nothing else 2 do

yes i do read the all the sections, dont post in some because i am not sure i would be correct. i am not saying there is nothing of value here, just getting less of it. anyway it dont matter, tool, if you read this post delete me from the user list, i'm done.

Old 01-28-2004, 10:37 PM
blizey Offline

See Ya... Au revior...Adios and Da svidaniya!

Each forum has it's own style. I like the personality of this one. Have you checked out www.TweakXP.com? Their "way off topic polls" are fun. Enjoy and come back to visit sometime!

Old 01-29-2004, 05:48 AM
Flyfsh Offline

Chance. My guess is you still have some good info stashed in your head. People like you & myself are why forums like these are here. I have several different support forums in my favorites list. I visit them almost daily. Most of the time I don't post because I don't know the answers. I hope to get as much information as I can find by searching different sites. My belief is the more I read the more I learn (and hopefully not have to pay a tech to fix my machine). As far as boring or nothing new you will notice each forum has the same questions over & over again. Almost as many times as the questions are repeated there are different answers to fix the problem.

These forums remind me of a guy I work with. He is very smart in our work. The problem being is if I need some of his info I have to filter threw the BS to get the info I need.
ATI 256 9800XT
2X40 gig maxtor HD
onboard sound

Old 02-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Play_The_0dds Offline
Risk it all

if you post alot , here, or anywhere else you will burn out. it is nice when people post back and say thanks, or atleast tell you it worked, sometimes you get crap from people. either way, it dont matter. if you help someone once in a while it makes it worth your time. read the moderator post in the other section, it sounded like a good idea. but it isnt something to get worked up about. you know tool is keeping up with the site, if anyone post something he needs to answer, he does and if you notice the time stamp, didnt take long for him to answer. the reason i dont post for some periods of time, i get busy and cant. or something gets on my nerves and i take a break. mostly been busy past month or so. lots of people get a computer for christmas,.....2 days later it has to be reloaded. that with some of the viruses out now make no spare time for things like this.