User Name
Password

Help!!! Sound Driver problem

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Old 08-11-2004, 03:07 PM
megabyte Offline
Executive Member

Question Help!!! Sound Driver problem

I recently updated my sound card driver CMI3738/C3DX PCI (C-media) and the update did not work out too well.

I had backed up the old version of this sound card driver and reverted back to it after the update did not work out. Now the system sounds work as normal but all software that used the driver once (i.e games and windows media player) freeze and stop responding when I try to start them up and I have to restart my computer.

I tried reinstalling the driver about 20 times from downloads, systemboard cd and backup files and even reinstalled several of the software that does not respond, but no such luck. Windows recognizes the driver as working correctly but I guess the software does not. No games nor windows media player work.

Help! ANY IDEAS? What should I do?

Old 11-16-2004, 04:45 PM
pip22 Offline

Remove (uninstall) the name of your soundcard from Device Manager, then re-install the driver. If you did not follow this procedure the first time that's probably why new driver didn,t work. You should always remove old driver from Device Manager before installing new one. If new driver still no good, do the Device Manager uninstall again, then re-install th old one.
If using XP, however (you didn't say), you can go to Device Manager, highlight the soundcard entry, select 'driver' tab then click 'roll back driver'. Windows should re-install the previous driver. This method may not work if you've confused Windows by trying to install several times, but worth a try.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:12 AM
thropida Offline

Hello,
I use Audigy with my XP Pro, here is the download site: http://us.creative.com/support/downl...pe=0&x=28&y=14

copy and paste, it's a free download about 39 m! make sure it's entered in all your audio devices, enjoy, Good bye !

Last edited by The Tool : 11-22-2006 at 06:21 PM.