Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Software > Drivers
User Name
Password

I have a problem or 2 maybe you guys & girls can help

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Old 11-27-2004, 07:07 PM
TheChosenOne Offline

I have a problem or 2 maybe you guys & girls can help

I am having trouble with 2 computer games. Now this can either be a graphics card issue or something related to Windows XP itself or I simply just need to update my Video / Graphics card. But I dont know where to download what I need. Well here are the problems

---------------------------------------------------------------
Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy (PC)
----------------------------------------------------------------

Error 1 - Okay I brought Jedi Academy a while back ago for the PC & it ran great for a few months played just fine until recently. SOMETIME'S it would start up a new game wether it be Single Player or somethin Online but within 2 to 5 min the game would FREEZE & entirely restart my computer.

Error 2 - Sometime's the game would also flash sh!t load's of yellow lines & it would FREEZE ENTIRELY but NOT freeze up my computer.

Error 3 - Final problem I have been having is that the game would load it would get to the main menu & say with the right mouse button I would select with the mouse button say like load game / join a game / or go to the profile stuff so I can modify my force powers. What would happen is if I select either one of those Jedi Academy will just FREEZE up as usual & an error box would come up saying there is a problem & when I hit okay the PC would just completely restart.

The weird thing is when I first brought my PC it is decently NEW. Jedi Academy worked PERFECTLY for like 4 to 5 months NO PROBLEM then out of the blue these problems started happening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Halo 1 (PC)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the error I get when I attempt to load Halo to play it

http://img103.exs.cx/img103/8180/HALOERROR.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Operating system is Windows XP Home Edition

My Video Card / Graphic's Card is

VIA/S3G UniChromeIGP

My computer is

HP Pavilion a610n

AMD Athlon XP

Can you guys help me out here. Does any of you know where I can download updates for my driver ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are these problems even Graphics Card related could it be an issue with my XP version it self ? ??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. - I tried to make this as easy to understand as I can lol

Thank's in advanced

Old 12-08-2004, 04:14 PM
RiPchoRD Offline

Ok, theres a simple way to sort all of this. Halo doenst like youre graphics card, and you need a new 128 ATI, or a 128 Nvidia

Simple

Amd Athlon 2200+ 1.8Ghz
2x250Gb MaXtor 7200Rpm
1024DDR 400 RAM
ATI Radeon Saphire Pro *Limited Edition* 256 Mb