User Name
Password

USB Camera Problem

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Old 03-23-2005, 05:13 PM
ioana Offline

USB Problem

Hi!

I have CANON IXUS camera and after I installed the camera software the USB device didn't recognize it! I tried on another PC and it worked. I have Windows XP SP1. What can I do?How can I fix the problem? Under Windows 98 (I have two OS) it recognizes the USB device, but not on XP....

Thanks!

Old 03-24-2005, 02:18 AM
ioana Offline

USB-Camera Problem

Hi!

I have CANON IXUS camera and after I installed the camera software the USB device didn't recognize it! I tried on another PC and it worked. I have Windows XP SP1. What can I do?How can I fix the problem? Under Windows 98 (I have two OS) it recognizes the USB device, but not on XP....

Thanks!

Old 03-24-2005, 02:23 AM
ioana Offline

USB Camera Problem

Hi!

Thanks!

Old 03-24-2005, 02:30 AM
netflyer Offline

Open device manage and check your camera connection status. If your camera driver is not installed yet, install it again.

Old 03-24-2005, 09:27 AM
Passeur Offline

Digital Ixus and Windows XP

For the first time today, I too tried to use my Digital Ixus on XP. Before this I used the same camera, drivers etc. with 98SE, and found no problems. When I began installing the drivers all sorts of warning messages popped up warning of all the terrifying things that could happen if I continued. Which I did
When you go onto the Canon site looking for updates there seems to be NOTHING for XP except a patch. This applies to the Zoombrowser feature as well.
I love my camera and even though it is a few years ago, don't feel like jettisoning it through conflicting hardward or software. Perhaps there is a whole new way to totally avoid using the old configurations?

Old 03-24-2005, 10:12 AM
U.S. Patriot Offline

USB not detecting Camera

After researching this problem at: http://forums.photographyreview.com/...9&page=2&pp=25
I have found this forum staing this.
1.)Assuming you have service pack 2 installed ...

Go to your control panel. Select the "security center" icon. Turn your windows firewall OFF.
Windows was treating your firewire connection like a network connection and automatically firewalled itself when you installed the service pack. You can fix the problem on the firewire connection only by going to Start/Control panel/Network connections and then right clicking on the firewire, 1394 connection. Then left click on properties, the advanced tab and uncheck the protect my computer button. That will take the firewall off of just the firewire if you want to keep your network connection safe.
They are stating at the post that this is the problem. Notice they are talking about 1394 connections.

Here is a Microsoft site with a patch stating that "After you install Windows XP Service Pack 2, some 1394 devices (such as digital cameras that use S400 speed) may not perform as expected".
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...en&Hash=XKC4S9

I also read that people having this problem with SP1 that upgraded to SP2 no longer had a problem.

Good Luck!

Last edited by U.S. Patriot : 03-24-2005 at 04:56 PM.