SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > General Forums > Feedback
User Name
Password

Logged me out

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes

Old 07-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Faron Offline

Logged me out

I was writing a very long thread that took me 45 minutes. Then when i said to post it said i wasn't logged in. so logged in and now it's gone and i knew i was logged in. I SPENT A FREAKIN 45 MIN AND THE WHOLE FREAKIN THINGS GONE.

FIX THE PROB

Your Friend,
Faron

Old 07-18-2005, 05:22 PM
vidster Offline

If you were typing for 45 mins Faron, you'd have probably received a message saying you had exceeded the character limit anyway
I doubt we would need a 45 minute post to start helping you anyway

Old 07-19-2005, 05:16 AM
Flyfsh Offline

For long posts use "notepad" to do the message. Then log into here and copy and paste from notepad to the thread. This way if needed you can walk away and come back to notepad & nothing will be lost.
ATI 256 9800XT
2X40 gig maxtor HD
onboard sound

Old 07-19-2005, 04:26 PM
The Tool Offline

Did you select "Remember Me?"?

Old 09-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Blazeix Offline

It's probably too late now, but usually if you just hit the back button until you get to the page you were actually typing on it will still be there. Then you can copy-paste it to the same page after you log in.
Whenever I'm typing a long post, and the I need to change something, I just copy my post so I don't lose it. Its a good practice to get into.

Old 12-24-2006, 10:42 AM
matera Offline

Back button doesn't work for me with this forum (my browser is K-Meleon, backs up all right in others), or at least it doesn't if my time has expired, so I had to search and go cache-dipping for a post that took me some time to collect. It was not long, but I was gathering links. Big pain in the butt when I am trying to help someone and the forum software blocks me because I don't watch the fragging clock. I had no idea it would happen, it was my first post for cryin' out loud!

I have no love for V-Bulletin anyway. It makes trouble with its browser identification too - I found that out the hard way in another forum.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:31 PM
harry12 Offline

Loggin Lost

I get the same effect (and I hope it's under 45mins-grief!)
Others here have suggested the Back button -I use ALT+Left-arrow does the Back bit then Select All (mouse-over) copy......post the message and if it says you're not logged in I resubmit- knowing that I hold a spare copy in the Clipboard.
Of course if there is power glitch it's gone.
The Reader who suggested Notepad is right of course, that the Tip-Top way to do it, but the "Reply" button is so much easier...I guess.
DO the site operate a time-out policy and that's why - or are we making silly comments that the Server recognises and wants none off....I wonder.

Cheers all.

PS I tried "preview Post" and it told me the server was too busy - try later........so maybe at busy times those logged on, but not posting are pushed aside by newer logging-in.....aaah.