SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Hardware > Hardware Advice
User Name
Password

No ID address

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes

Old 03-04-2013, 08:41 AM
nuttynannynita Offline

No ID address

Hi there,
I put a disk into my floppy disk drive & when i went to put my music files onto it a message come up saying 'no id address mark was found on floppy disk'
I've been on device manager & everything's working properly so what can be the problem.
The disk i put in are brand new, 1.44MB.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:14 AM
arttoglass Offline

Disks you have may not be formatted.

Thank you for your question.

Answer used to be floppy drive itself had failed for any number of reasons. But have occasionally seen this where "quick format" option was used to format floppy disks and Windows XP couldn't read them.

Check the floppy disk drive by inserting a bootable floppy disk and see if it can boot the computer. If it does, it's not disk drive.

Also, disks you have may not be formatted. Use the "full format" option to format blank floppy disk and see if floppy disk drive is then able to read it.

Good Luck.