SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Hardware > Hardware Advice
User Name
Password

cloning and reinstalling system

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes

Old 07-24-2013, 01:42 PM
whipleg Offline

cloning and reinstalling system

hi there,i hope you can help.i have a 160 gig hard drive which i did a windows xp reinstall but it went wrong for some reason and i only have 33 gig on show.my question is this.i have a 160 gig external hard drive which i use to store films music and pictures.i wish to clone my xp on to this and then format my internal hard drive and then transfer the clone version back on to the internal h/d.i am doing this because updates for xp eg service packs will no longer be available to xp users.i just want to know if this is possible without corrupting the external h/d or am i just better doing a full format and reinstall of xp.i have done this numerous times but each time it is a pain finding all the right drivers..if you need anymore info please ask.i intend to use easeus backup to do the clone..cheers nicko