SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Hardware > Hardware Problems
User Name
Password

No Sound From Headphone Jack With Realtek Hd Audio Device

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 3.71 average. Display Modes

Old 01-13-2007, 06:40 AM
fiesta Offline

i am now wondering if i do have the same problem as the OP??

my son just pluggd the green jack to the SPDIF and the pink into the mic, viola! it works, a bit echoey for the person on the other end, but worked well....

gotta love these geeky kids hey?

Old 01-18-2007, 02:53 PM
milos Offline

Keep this thread burning, now iv lost all sound. Iv searched high and low on the net but nothing and i refuse to believe that this is a hardware problem.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Haricot Offline

this worked with a Fujitsu

I've got a Fujitsu and had a similar problem. I'd thought I'd checked all of the settings in the Realtek HD Audio Manager until I found the "Mixer Toolbox". At first it looked like it just set which volume controls to show, but on the bottom it had a checkbox for "Enable playback multi-streaming". Unchecking that did the trick.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:49 AM
niltomek Offline

No sound at all sometimes

I bought Aspire 3680 for my two daughters this christmas. It seems that the Acer looses the connection to the audio device at times after stand-by so there is no sound at all and it is not listed in the audio devices tab. If they reboot the machine all is fine again.

From the postings in this forum it seems like a severe quality warning. I wasn't expecting too much from these cheep computers but still, you expect them to work according to spec, right?!

Last edited by niltomek : 01-22-2007 at 06:52 AM.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:16 PM
martinu Offline

Acer 2942 Realtek audio - "Stereo mix" fails sometimes

I've seen related problems with the Reatek HD Audio soundcard in my new Acer 2942 laptop.

First of all, although the sound from the mike or the line in records perfectly well, instant messenger and chat programs such as Paltalk or MSN have appalling sound quality - very distorted and mushy. This is evident even in local "sound test" menus, and so is not a networking/internet issue - it's to do with the feed of data from the sound card to Paltalk etc.

Secondly, at a random time after talking on Paltalk, the "Stereo mix" input to the recording mixer stops working. Normally anything that can be heard through the speakers (wave, mike etc) becomes available to be recorded or to be output through Paltalk or MSN Messenger. However this input often suddenly fails: even though sound can be heard, it is no longer recordable. Mike and line-in inputs still work fine. Only a reboot cures the problem.

Looks as if some software packages knacker the sound card's capablilities.

It's not just my PC. A friend with a 2942 has similar problems.

Last edited by martinu : 01-23-2007 at 06:22 PM.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:32 AM
annie1962 Offline

look closely at your jacks. One will have a tiny pic of a mic on it.. that goes into the mic jack and the other one will go either into the right or left one.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:40 AM
naitek Offline

Found Problem

Alright everyone,

The problem is with ACer framework and all related software. You can still use FN + Shortcut keys to control brightness, sound., etc, but you won't have some other features. I will wait for acer to update software.

Uninstall everything related to acer framework and software.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:32 AM
acker Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleirlan
I have the same problem like you.
I have acer travelmate 2480. In my situation ,for restart audio jack, select "standby" windows. After , "on" my computer, and the audio jack is ok.

This worked for me too, but with a small "twist". I had to wait a few minutes before i started the computer again. And i plugged the jack after i had turned on the computer again. Thanks aleirlan!!! Lets hope realtek or someone else will find a better solution to this problem, concidering that this way of fixing the problem is only temporary.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:37 PM
MC57 Offline

Quote:
I have acer travelmate 2480. In my situation ,for restart audio jack, select "standby" windows. After , "on" my computer, and the audio jack is ok.
ok..you are a frickin genius. thank you so much for that. temporary or not, i just want to hear some damn music! i have these awesome speakers and for weeks i've been trying to figure this damn thing out. i'm glad..well, not really..that i'm not the only one. every one i asked about this looked at me like i'm a frickin lunatic. anyways, thanks. you're my hero.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Desin Offline

I just bought a hp pavilion n have the same problem

I have a dv6000 and it has 2 ports (headphone/spdif)and after only a week my jacks went out. I've tried uninstall/installing drivers,I sys recovered and and all of the above. I contacted hp and they said to send it in, they would fix it free.And to boot they said I was eligable for free WinVista upgrade because I bought it in the time period (OCT06-Mar07)!!! It wasn't a total loss.
Good luck

Old 03-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Racko Offline

I have the same problem, although for a time it was working all the time every time i booted up, that was when Norton wasnt working, so is it a conflict? Before then, it would work sometimes, and i found that it would normally start working again if you left the computer shut down for an hour or so....
PS mine is an acer travelmate 2480 that i got for xmas.
And so am I

Old 03-15-2007, 08:15 PM
diwnaveen Offline

Quote:

Hi aleirlan, I have got the same problem as everyone did, but i believe the solution u provided helped everyone.

I m not able to understand what m i suppose to do after selecting standby windows. Could you please explain me in detail

Old 03-17-2007, 01:06 AM
miss*mandy Offline

I have the same problem and have googled everywhere for a solution for the last 4 months

I have got to the same point as diwnaveen by the sounds of things.

Aleirlan could you please explain with a little more detail.

Thank you

Old 03-20-2007, 06:27 PM
TeOtWaWkI Offline

Thanks for the standby trick! Worked fine for me!
But the standy trick is the only thing that works,rebooting laptop doesnt give sound...
Had my laptop(aspire 3680) for a couple of weeks and never had a worry.it's only today the probleme rose..
Anybody found a permanent solution?
Greetz T.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:06 PM
diwnaveen Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeOtWaWkI
Thanks for the standby trick! Worked fine for me!
But the standy trick is the only thing that works,rebooting laptop doesnt give sound...
Had my laptop(aspire 3680) for a couple of weeks and never had a worry.it's only today the probleme rose..
Anybody found a permanent solution?
Greetz T.

Oh good to hear that i worked for you teotwawki, could u please help us and explain in detail what u did,,,,, i think i have tried almost everything and nothing seems to work out,,, i have written a mail to acer people and told them to visit the fourms and help everyone of us, but thosse As******les wont listen to us,,, please help dude