SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Hardware > Hardware Problems
User Name
Password

No Sound From Headphone Jack With Realtek Hd Audio Device

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 3.63 average. Display Modes

Old 04-07-2007, 12:47 AM
oceanluvn@hotma Offline

I am having the EXACT same problem, but I have a custom made laptop from Cyberpower. I have had it for less than a month and the problem comes and goes and I don't know why! It is soooo frustrating.
I think it may have something to do with the Realtek high definition audio drivers??? I do not claim to be a techie at all, but by updating the drivers it started to work correctly again for a while. I was listening through my headphones this afternoon.....no problem....then tonight....no sound again. I still have sound from the internal speakers, just not with headphones.
Has anyone found out what to do yet??
I saw where aleirlan found a way around it, but I don't understand what to do. Can someone give more specific instructions? Something about standby??
Please help!

Old 04-07-2007, 03:27 AM
oceanluvn@hotma Offline

I Found The Soution!!!!

At least it worked for me.
I was getting an "Illegal System DLL Relocation" error everytime my comp reboots. That was evidently the problem. I dl'd the patch and it fixed it.
Click on: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en to open a page with a link to download the patch.
Hope it helps someone.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Tenshanhan Offline

Oh God, thank you... I was already having a shitty day, and then this error had me frustrated to the point of tears. I was at that phase when you just keep double clicking on the damn thing, hoping that this time it'll work... This time it'll work... This time...

Thanks a lot for finding this. People are awesome.

Also, if you ever need to do that standby trick for some reason, what he meant was, go to "Shut Down", and then when the little box comes up asking if you want to shut down, restart or go into standby, choose standby. Wait 'til the computer is off, and then hit the power button again.

I know it's really a moot point now, but just in case.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:07 PM
oceanluvn@hotma Offline

Tenshanhan,
I am so glad this info helped you! I was like you.....it is so frustrating not be able to find the answer. I get so much help from others sharing their solutions online.....what did we do before the internet??

Old 04-13-2007, 09:20 PM
jones77 Offline

Aspire 3680 NO SOUND

My sounds been working fine for 2 months, then yesterday it stopped working. I tried reinstall the O/S doesnt fix it, which leads me to think its a hardware problem. Im gonna try the shutdown solution and stand by solution. I think we all have to call acer and complain that its not working... maybe they will get a replacement sound card. Bugger this.

If i find a solution ill let you know. I also go the latest drivers...

Old 04-13-2007, 09:29 PM
jones77 Offline

I tried the standby, or sleep function in windows vista, and the sound is working.. it fixes it! but i guess only temporarily...

Old 04-25-2007, 03:29 PM
amrit02 Offline

can any1 help..even with standby, i cant get my soundcard to work with my speakers..i have the realtek hd audio device ALC883, and i have tried almost everything i could find from google, including microsoft patches, all old drivers to new ones, but nothing works..can any1 help?

Old 05-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Christof_ Offline

Ive had enough

Ive had my aspire 3680 since Christmas day and have used all the tricks on this site to correct MY headphone jack problem.
Its finally stoped working completely today
Ive given them till monday to come up with a soloution or im going to trading standards.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Halle Offline

Thumbs down Exactly the same problem over here in Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie1962
Ok now that's just weird.

I went to bed after turning my laptop OFF and this morning it's working again.

I know I had my computer on for a few hours, only about 3 or 4, is that enough for it to cause the jack not to work?

I am also going to start another thread about some other issue I have with the laptop, perhaps you've got that too LOL

This is exactly what occurs to my device:
Code:
Acer Travelmate 2483NWXMI Celeron M 430 512MB 80GB DVD+-RW 14,1" WXGA Kubuntu 7.04 „Feisty Fawn“

Bought mine midst of February. It left right now for its 3rd trip to Acer-Germany repair. Got the mainboard changed already twice. Still faulty. Its definitely a thermal problem and since it occurs to so many customers Acer should know about it for quite some time now.

What kind of policy is this? Storm their support. Cheers!

(Let me add some German keywords so that victims here can find this thread)
Kopfhörerausgang, Audioausgang, SPDIF, Travelmate 3270 3260 2480 2481, kein Ton, Sound, tot

Old 06-05-2007, 08:10 PM
ehsanaz Offline

HI,
i should first thank for the standby solution ,it was really a great help for me,
recently i do something else with my headphone problem,
i wish it'd be helpful
when i start my pc, i mute the system using the combination of function key and one of F keys. then i plug my headphone, after playing some sound with my pc,(like winamp or whatever) i exit the mute mode in the same way,
it doesn't work all the times, but most of the times ,
have fUn

Old 06-17-2007, 09:04 PM
mehulkar Offline

i had the same problem people. the catch for me was that i had wiped the vista that came with my acer and installed xp home. so i had to go to the website and figure out which drivers i needed. there are two places you can download drivers from:

http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers...k/as_3680.html
and
http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/Acer_drivers.cfm

on the first site, i download the audio driver that was available, and thought i was done. then came the headphone problem. through much search in forums, and stuff...i found the other site, and apparently there is another driver. checked that site, and downloaded the other driver (the realtek hi def one, and the audio driver, and now my problem is fixed.

NOTE: it hasn't been that long since this happened, so i hope it is permanent, but so far so good..
hope this helps.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:12 PM
bentdavi Offline

No Sound on MSN Messenger

I just purchased a ACER notebook, and replace the OS with XP. (dual boot)

Nightmare to find all the drivers.

I have attached a logitech webcam, and everything is working besides that i receive no sounds.

Everything else works, I can see the other party, they can see me, and hear me. but I canot hear them.

I did all the obvious thing already.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Old 07-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Reschat Offline

Question

I have the same problem - and when I was using Linux on my computer the sound worked most of the time (read here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=415378 ) and in the end I had no problem what so ever with the sound. It was just perfect.

But now I have switched to Windows XP and I hate that I have to go into standby before I can get any external sound.

Anybody who has a solution by now?

When you can get the sound back by going into standby it should be possible to make an script running on every startup that makes the act of the standby-process that makes the sound work.
Maybe just some other software?

Old 07-07-2007, 07:39 AM
rue Offline

Hi, I also have the same problem with my Acer aspire 3680. If there are any news about how to solve this problem, I would appreciate your help. In the meantime I will try your suggestions (except the freezer ;-)

Thanks!!!

Old 07-29-2007, 04:01 PM
remichi Offline

i have the same problem with my acer travelmate 2480.

the solution that Aleirlan gave worked for me also. in the beginning i only had to leave it on standby for a few seconds, now i have to leave it on standby for about 10 minutes!! very irritating from acer, i wish i could get it fixed. it is definitely not a hardware problem because i get it working in the end...

only today, few times tried the standby trick, but nothing....i'm at a loss. i want to be able to use my headphones. anyone has a permanenent solution yet?? anyone took the trouble to call acer?? what did they say? i'm afraid calling them is a waste of time....

i need help!! this standby trick is starting to irritate me!!