SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Hardware > Hardware Problems
User Name
Password

No Sound From Headphone Jack With Realtek Hd Audio Device

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 3.71 average. Display Modes

Old 02-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Bonecaya Offline

Flaky headphone jack FIX

I have had the same problem with my headphone jack. Also believe it's related to thermal issues. but really dissapointed that the designers decided to make the jack software controlled instead of the tried and true method of having the jack inline with the speaker wiring and when you insert your headphone plug, it disconnects the speakers.

anyway.. on to the cure...

go to Radio Shack.. buy a set of gigaware stereo USB headphones ($19.95 - a $10 mail-in rebate). XP recognizes them without any additional software.. and they work.. all the time everytime.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:17 PM
johnbits Offline

hardware

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem with my Realtek Audio card and ACER 3680

To solve when the PC is booted ... plug in the headphones and keep them plugged in ...
Go to control panel => system => hardware=> device manager ...
under sound,video and game controlers ... uninstall the Realtek High definition Audio card ... wait a few secs ... and with the Action tab do a scan for hardware changes ... the realtek audio card re-installs itself and is re-initialised.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Disk_Contented Offline
Temporary Ban

A somewhat lengthy workaround. It doesn't cure the root problem.
Quality, not quantity.
Prevention is better than cure.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:40 AM
ludwg Offline

Hello everybody, like most people I had the same problem last night. I stay up all night just google the answer I needed. There were couple of solutions posted and none them worked for me. I installed Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Version 1.87 and that didn't work. So before I went to be I said it and try to fix it again this morning and guess what?, everything went back to normal like nothing happened, what the? It's probably due to overheating from somewhere like someone said because I leave my laptop on most of the time. I hope my experience with this shitty laptop can help someone figure out whats wrong with theirs.

peace

Old 03-20-2008, 09:24 PM
acerexpired Offline

USB Sound Card Solution

I gave up and ordered the $5 USB Audio card, and even that doesn't work! A whole new set of problems...

It may have something to do with the fact that I got the cheapest one I could find, but it shuts off after about 30 seconds of sound.

Its a no-name brand - Comodow from China... that's what I get.

If you are going to try this route, make sure you get one that specifically says its vista compatible. I think that may be part of the problem. Or at least don't get the Comodow PD552

Old 04-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Speedin Offline

Talking The SOLUTION

I had the same problem on my Aspire 3680, that no sound came from my speakers. And after have read all the posts i tried the "standby method" and it worked.

I realized that when the computer was turned on after standby and the speakers worked that the "Realtek High definition Audio" icon in the system tray had dissappeard. Conculusion: When the Realtek High definition Audio is turned off --> the speakers work.

I then thought if i can make the computer not load the Realtek High definition Audio when i boot/Start the computer the speakers would work always.

I used the "Tuneup utilities" and the function "Tuneup startup manager" and then turned off(ticked off) the following programs:
- Realtek Soundmanager (with the crab icon)
- REaltek Soundmanager (with the speaker icon)
- Realtek voicemanager

And now when i reboot computer everyting works just fine.. Hope it helps

Old 04-16-2008, 05:30 PM
rachit1412 Offline

Hi, I had tried everything including reinstalling the driver several times..nthing worked..today I found the info a=on this link and it worked for me!
http://infodotnet.blogspot.com/2007/...ound-form.html

Old 04-29-2008, 02:31 PM
lepar Offline

The solution is XP SP3..fixed the problem on my acer 3680

Old 05-09-2008, 09:01 AM
JACK63147 Offline

Realtek Headphone Stopped Working

RealTek headphones hooked into H/P front headphone jack worked fine under Vista Home Premium. Other problems and much time on phone with Microsoft resulted in installing Vista Ultimate and now headphones jack dies not work. Any ideas?

Old 05-10-2008, 08:48 AM
sionghua Offline

SP3 doesn't help, standby used to help but after installing sp3 not helping, Acer do not have that page in BIOS, getting a pop up from realtek manager doesn't help. Disabling them also not helping.

Old 06-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Speedin Offline

the method i mentioned in #66 doesn't work :'(

Old 06-07-2008, 06:31 PM
wee-smiley-face Offline

Question Same Here

Yeah, All You People Seem To Have Laptops.
Anyone Got This Problem In A Computer...??
I Have The Packard Bell istart. Had It For About A Year, Then Decided The Memory Was A Little Full, So Got A 500GB Harddrive Put In. The Guy Promised Me I'd Not Lose Everything, But He Hit A Bump And Had To Reinstall Windows xp, And From Now On, My Headphone Jack And Mic Jack At The Front Of The Machine Don't Work The Guy Did Say That He Was Struggling To Fit All The Drives In The Tower, As The Were Gunna Cauz A Fire Hazard. Could This Be The Problem, That The Wires Are Burnt Out Through Overcrowding??

Any Solutions????
Many Thanks To The Person Who Does Have A Solution

Last edited by wee-smiley-face : 06-07-2008 at 06:38 PM.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:59 PM
bronfay Offline

Headphone Jack

Hi,

If this is of any help, I have a Medion PC with the Realtek Audio, and have the same problem. This is how I solved my problem.....

Go to the Realtek Panel (Usually double click on the system tray icon), then click Audio I/O at the top.

Click on the little "Wrench icon" next to Analog then place a tick in "Disable front panel jack detection" then OK any little messages that come up...Voila. It works for me.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:36 AM
wee-smiley-face Offline

Talking Oooh Yeah..

Hi bronfay

Thanks For That, It Really Worked. I Remember Doing That On My Old System, And I Obviously Just Forgot About That
Opps

Once Again, Thanks

Old 07-08-2008, 03:58 PM
willWanka Offline

I'm on a HP Pavillion 6628us and the driver update at the follow fixed my problem: No sound out of earphone but had sound from speakers.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...2093&lang= en