SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Hardware > Hardware Problems
User Name
Password

No Sound From Headphone Jack With Realtek Hd Audio Device

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 3.71 average. Display Modes

Old 07-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Hak_Foo Offline

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!
I registered here just to say how thankful I am to you, harisiri.
Your solution worked perfectly.
Too bad the people here took more than 3 years to discover such a simple solution. It's about luck of looking the right place. Realtek should really know the solution...

For me, the problem happened today and I found this thread. Thanks to you all, the problem was solved at the same day.
Thank you again. God bless you.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:32 AM
Jalalin Offline

I am the one who silently tracked this thread, and I registered just to tell that the method of harisiri still didn't work for me.

(So please, don't judge other people with just only your result. If this thread is that easy to be solved, it shouldn't take this long and still suck, right?)

The only way that works for me is to Standby for at least 14 mins, reactivate, and then jack your earphone in. Thanks to Aleirlan who first discovered this trick for me (which might not work for someone else)

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to permanent solution. Thanks.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:57 PM
serbo Offline

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronfay
Hi,

If this is of any help, I have a Medion PC with the Realtek Audio, and have the same problem. This is how I solved my problem.....

Go to the Realtek Panel (Usually double click on the system tray icon), then click Audio I/O at the top.

Click on the little "Wrench icon" next to Analog then place a tick in "Disable front panel jack detection" then OK any little messages that come up...Voila. It works for me.
YES! It is working! Thanks!
Here is some picture if somebody needs detailed help about this problem.
http://zoransomewhat.shutterfly.com/pictures/9

Old 11-09-2011, 08:25 PM
RandomUsergener Offline

My solution

SERIOUSLY REALTEK FIX THIS!

I couldn't get the other solutions to work, but THIS worked for me:

I had the jack-stick plugged way too long in, when I tried to pull it a tiny bit out, it worked fine. I was getting distorted sound, like background sound, but not the voices. It works now, but Seriouzzly!!<zz

Old 05-19-2012, 08:50 PM
andrew79 Offline

As ridiculous as this is going to sound I've had this problem for over a year on my acer laptop, i just went into my control panel while reading this thread and disabled the realtek device and then enabled it with the headphones plugged and everything's A ok now.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:05 AM
bengtang Offline

Here is what I have found to work on my Fujitsu laptop that uses realtek:

Open the Realtek HD audio manager by double clicking the brown speaker in the system tray (mine is realtek driver version 5.10..., Direct X 9).

Click the Mixer tab in the audio manager.

Under the Playback section, click the spanner icon under the volume dial thing. This opens a Mixer Toolbox window.

At the bottom is a tick box called "Enable playback multi-streaming". Make sure this is NOT ticked. If it is ticked, untick it.

Click OK and OK to close the realtek window.

Stop your audio applications and restart them. The headphone jack should now work.

Turning off "Enable playback multi-streaming" is the key.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:18 PM
obutiger Offline

Arrow Solution!

I own an Acer Aspire M and have had the same problem for months. I finally figured it out! Here is what to do:

-Make sure that the sound on the video/music screen is enabled. (on and turned up)

-Look at the bottom right of the toolbar on the homescreen of your computer. (where the start button normally is) There is a icon that resembles a speaker. Make sure that this is not muted! For some reason, mine came from the factory set on mute. *If you have a Windows 8 system, go to the "desktop" screen. (You know, the original screen that came before Windows 8)

-Turn the volume completely up. You will be able to control the volume of your earphones through the video/music screen.

To conclude, there are two volume control panels, the one on your video/music screen and the one that is on the bottom right of your toolbar. Make sure that they are both un-muted and turned up. It finally made my earphones work again! I hope that this helps someone.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:27 PM
bstyles Offline

I am having problems with my Realtek HD audio windows 7 mother board:

Hey all, I know this is a very late response but I am having the same issues. A quick question, why does everyone have a different Realtek program then I do? This is what it is showing up for me. I am trying to change my settings but I can not find any of these options in my program. This is what I see:

http://i.imgur.com/r9z7dfk.png

PLEASE HELP!