SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Hardware > Hardware Problems
User Name
Password

Suddenly No Sound On Toshiba Laptop

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 2.82 average. Display Modes

Old 08-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Kevin_gibson Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4y3
its hp dv2220tx
If you've formatted your laptop and reinstalled all drivers. Tried headphones or external speakers and you still have no sound.

You have a hardware fault with either your Audio jack, speaker assy or mainboard. Ring your tech support department or HP to arrange a repair of your notebook.

Big world out there - softwaretipsandtricks have your answer

www.google.com is your friend
Happy to help with Windows 95, 98, ME, XP & Vista, Windows 7. Any software related issues, or router problems, give us a shout.
Any make & model of PC, laptop problems. ST&T Always have a right answer

Old 08-25-2009, 07:13 PM
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by billu512
It Was Automatic But I Stopped It And Then Activated Again It Worked But Now Again It's Not Working Should I Install Latest BIOS,Sound Card Driver

have you checked the volume control switch on the front of the notebook ? at the far right hand side.

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.

It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )

Old 08-25-2009, 07:15 PM
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by payal_226
hi, m facig d same problem....did u get any solution??????????????

have you checked the volume control switch on the front of the notebook ? at the far right hand side.

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.

It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )

Old 08-26-2009, 06:57 AM
payal_226 Offline

Unhappy still no soundddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm
i hav reinstalled windows xp again.....still no sound

Old 08-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Kevin_gibson Offline

Quote:
Have you tried external speakers or headphones? If you've recovered and got the latest sound drivers, it's a hardware fault that's developed on either your speakers, audio jack or motherboard.

Happy to help with Windows 95, 98, ME, XP & Vista, Windows 7. Any software related issues, or router problems, give us a shout.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:43 PM
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen

Quote:

did you check the volume control on front of notebook, it's No:11 in this pic
http://www.overclockeddoc.com/bookwo...110-PSABOE.JPG

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:01 AM
payal_226 Offline

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_gibson
Have you tried external speakers or headphones? If you've recovered and got the latest sound drivers, it's a hardware fault that's developed on either your speakers, audio jack or motherboard.

No sound is coming even with external speakers and headphones

Old 08-27-2009, 12:11 PM
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen

Quote:
No sound is coming even with external speakers and headphones

try the Toshiba forum they may have the answer
http://forums.computers.toshiba-euro...ums/index.jspa

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Kevin_gibson Offline

I've told you loads of times, it's probably a HARDWARE fault. Ring Toshiba or your support department for a repair.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:23 AM
SamStradling Offline

Hi i am having a similar problem i am using an toshiba equium a200-15I on windows vista has anyone got and suggestions on how to help me?

Old 04-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Bob in NC Offline

Toshiba Laptop Audio Service Not Running

I have a Satellite A215-S7416 Laptop with Vista and the following worked for me:
Start>Run services.msc
Find Windows Audio
If it is started, then I don't know what to tell you
If it is not started, do the following
Right click and select properties
Click Dependencies Tab
Note the list "This service depends on the following system components"
Click OK and find those components in the list and see if they are started.
If they are not, then right click and select start.
Now return to Windows Audio and right click and select start

Old 04-21-2010, 01:33 PM
z.hassan Offline

Hey guys,

I have the dreaded no sound problem. So here's the deal:

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilio pi 1505, windows xp home edition and SP2.
Last week, the head of my adaptor melted in the socket so I took it to the computer shop to repair it and bought a new adaptor. Up to the point before fixing the adaptor sound was working.

When I came home I found that 2 usb drives were not working and the thing that lights up on the laptop that tells you CAPs Lock on, battery charging, etc was not working. No big deal but when I saw that sound was not working I was angry.

I don't know if the guys over there messed up the sound device or something but right now since I have exams I need my laptop so I can't take it there again for fix for now.

I did search on the internet and tried some solutions such as installing new drivers, microsoft uaa hd audio, etc. But one issue I found was that when I looked in device manager I never found realtek hd audio driver there or microsoft uaa hd audio driver in system devices. That was before I started installing and uninstalling drivers. No matter what I tried to do, microsoft uaa hd and realtek installed but they were never to be seen in device manager. One thing though is that realtek is found in Add/Remove Programs. When I try to uninstall it stays uninstall failure but strangely enough it has been removed from the computer.

Sound is really important for me so I need any help I can get to return the sound.

Thank you very much.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:51 PM
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by z.hassan
Hey guys,

I have the dreaded no sound problem. So here's the deal:

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilio pi 1505, windows xp home edition and SP2.
Last week, the head of my adaptor melted in the socket so I took it to the computer shop to repair it and bought a new adaptor. Up to the point before fixing the adaptor sound was working.

When I came home I found that 2 usb drives were not working and the thing that lights up on the laptop that tells you CAPs Lock on, battery charging, etc was not working. No big deal but when I saw that sound was not working I was angry.

I don't know if the guys over there messed up the sound device or something but right now since I have exams I need my laptop so I can't take it there again for fix for now.

I did search on the internet and tried some solutions such as installing new drivers, microsoft uaa hd audio, etc. But one issue I found was that when I looked in device manager I never found realtek hd audio driver there or microsoft uaa hd audio driver in system devices. That was before I started installing and uninstalling drivers. No matter what I tried to do, microsoft uaa hd and realtek installed but they were never to be seen in device manager. One thing though is that realtek is found in Add/Remove Programs. When I try to uninstall it stays uninstall failure but strangely enough it has been removed from the computer.

Sound is really important for me so I need any help I can get to return the sound.

Thank you very much.

Go here to Fujitsu

http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/com/su...downloads.html

1st install the Chipset - then Restart your comp

2nd install audio driver

Set a System Restore Point before installing EACH driver just in case
Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore – click radio button Create a restore point and follow instructions

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:07 PM
z.hassan Offline

Hello bookworm,

Thanks for the quick reply. I installed the chip & then audio driver but unfortunately no success and it is still not showing up in the device manager.

I accessed the DirectX Diagnostic Tool on the laptop and under sound it said no sound card was found. What I find frustrating is that the drivers are refusing to show up in device manager and the no sound card got me to lose hope.

Do you have any further advice for this situation?

Thank you very much for your assitance

Old 04-24-2010, 10:54 AM
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by z.hassan
Hello bookworm,

Thanks for the quick reply. I installed the chip & then audio driver but unfortunately no success and it is still not showing up in the device manager.

I accessed the DirectX Diagnostic Tool on the laptop and under sound it said no sound card was found. What I find frustrating is that the drivers are refusing to show up in device manager and the no sound card got me to lose hope.

Do you have any further advice for this situation?

Thank you very much for your assitance

can you check this too see if Realtek is default audio

Check Control Panel/ Sound & Audio Devices/ Audio tab/ Sound Playback click on down arrow and check that the correct audio is selected. Typically the problem will be they something like "modem line 0 playback" might have been substituted for the proper audio device

and this

Start / Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Component Services / a separate window will open – in left pane click Services(Local) from the tree / Scroll down to Windows Audio service / if the service is Disabled or Manual right click > select Properties > under Startup Type change to Automatic > click Apply / click Start > OK Reboot

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.