SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Hardware > Hardware Problems
User Name
Password


No Audio Device - I am defeated

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 2.80 average. Display Modes

  #1  
Old 12-06-2011, 07:47 AM
jpb Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
No Audio Device - I am defeated

Hello,

Just replaced my dying NVidia GeForce 7950 Video Card with a GTX 560.
Nice. However, my sound has now failed me!?!?!?!?

Under Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices I am told I have "No Audio Device". The trouble is that I do!

I have read a lot of other threads about the "No Audio Device" problem on this site but cannot find a fix which works for me.

Please help. I am beaten and right now resigning myself to the fact my computer is effectively useless now

jpb
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 12-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Digerati Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Nebraska, USA
Posts: 218
Do you see an audio device in under Device Manager? You may need to boot into the BIOS and make sure it is still enabled there. Not too if you graphics card has HDMI that supports audio or pass-through audio, it may need to be configured for audio.
__________________
Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
MS MVP Windows & Devices for IT 2007 - 2017
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 12-08-2011, 06:05 AM
jpb Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digerati
Do you see an audio device in under Device Manager? You may need to boot into the BIOS and make sure it is still enabled there. Not too if you graphics card has HDMI that supports audio or pass-through audio, it may need to be configured for audio.

Yes, here is a screenshot of the audio device under device manager:



Secondly, I don't know where to find out, in the BIOS, whether the audio device is enabled. I have the following drop-down menus when first opening BIOS:

- Main
- Advanced
- Power
- Boot
- Tools

Which option (and sub-option) do I choose?

Finally, concerning this statement:

"Not too if you graphics card has HDMI that supports audio or pass-through audio, it may need to be configured for audio"

I don't understand what you mean, sorry.

Thanks.

P.S. If the user, SoundQueen, is about, could you please give any assistance as well, if you have any thoughts. You seem to have fixed this problem for other users before. I just have this bad feeling that my scenario may be slightly different to the others before.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 12-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Digerati Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Nebraska, USA
Posts: 218
Quote:
I don't understand what you mean, sorry.
Sorry, I was in a hurry and my fingers were not keeping up.

In the BIOS under one of those menu options, you should see a submenu for "integrated devices" or something similar. If you are using the motherboard's integrated sound, that needs to be enabled in the BIOS Setup Menu. It should be by default but for some reason may have been disabled.

As far as audio via HDMI, some graphics cards have a sound card integrated on the graphics card so sound can be ported through the HDMI connector. Some graphics cards allow you to connect an audio cable internally from the motherboard sound (or separate sound card) to the graphics card so audio can then be ported through the HDMI connector. In either case, the graphics card must be configured to support this. And if the graphics card's integrated sound is being used, those drivers must be installed too. Check your manual if that is the case.

The specs for your graphics card are not very clear but I note in footnote #4 it says,
Quote:
7.1 digital surround sound will be added in a Release 260 driver

So I guess we need some more information. How are you connecting your speakers?
__________________
Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
MS MVP Windows & Devices for IT 2007 - 2017
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 12-09-2011, 04:16 AM
jpb Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digerati
In the BIOS under one of those menu options, you should see a submenu for "integrated devices" or something similar.

Nothing called "Integrated devices"

Under Main I have:
- SATA 1
- SATA 2
- SATA 3
- SATA 4
- IDE configuration
- System Information

Under Advanced I have:
- JumperFree Configuration
- USB Configuration
- CPU Configuration
- Chipset
- Onboard Devices Configuration (IS THIS THE ONE?)
- PCIPnP

I looked under Onboard Devices and found:
HD Audio Controller [Disabled] (IS THIS IT?)

Anyway, I enabled it. A new option now appears:

- Front Panel Support Type

My options are:

- AC97; or
- HD Audio

I don't know which one is correct, so I am going to try both, 1 at a time. I will do another post once I have finished.

I have some other questions about your other statements but I will save that for later after I have finished these tests.

Thanks.

P.S. My speakers plug into the separate Creative Sound Card (which is a Sound Blaster X-Fi), just like they always have.
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 12-10-2011, 05:42 AM
jpb Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb
I looked under Onboard Devices and found:
HD Audio Controller [Disabled] (IS THIS IT?)

Anyway, I enabled it. A new option now appears:

- Front Panel Support Type

My options are:

- AC97; or
- HD Audio

I don't know which one is correct, so I am going to try both, 1 at a time. I will do another post once I have finished.

No good. It doesn't matter which of the above two options I choose, all it does is to add an unknown device to Device Manager (see screenshot), and the windows update routine, naturally, cannot find any drivers for this unknown device, whatever it is, and still I have "No audio device" in the Sounds and Audio Devices window in Control Panel and of course, no sound whatsoever.



I have to say here, that I am really tiring of this problem and I am on the verge of formatting the hard drive and starting all over again (with my original broken NVidia video card inserted, rather than my new NVidia card).

How installing a new video card can "break" the operation of a existing sound setup is beyond me.

P.S. Again, if SoundQueen is around and has any ideas, I would really appreciate them. To Digerati, thanks for trying, a pity things haven't worked out.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 12-17-2011, 06:28 PM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb
No good. It doesn't matter which of the above two options I choose, all it does is to add an unknown device to Device Manager (see screenshot), and the windows update routine, naturally, cannot find any drivers for this unknown device, whatever it is, and still I have "No audio device" in the Sounds and Audio Devices window in Control Panel and of course, no sound whatsoever.



I have to say here, that I am really tiring of this problem and I am on the verge of formatting the hard drive and starting all over again (with my original broken NVidia video card inserted, rather than my new NVidia card).

How installing a new video card can "break" the operation of a existing sound setup is beyond me.

P.S. Again, if SoundQueen is around and has any ideas, I would really appreciate them. To Digerati, thanks for trying, a pity things haven't worked out.

Lets have a look at your hardware Get Everest / copy and paste the Computer Summary section. Leave out the Debug PCI section
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...-Edition.shtml

Install Everest and run
Click Report (top menu) > Report Wizard > Next
Choose System Summary Only > Next
Choose Plain Text > Finish and wait for report to generate
Click Save to File and leave the File Name as Report, then click the Save as Type
dropdown and choose Report files (*txt) and click Save (n.b. Save to desktop is best as easy place to find it, use Browse to locate desktop)

Do NOTE that some parts of this report may have information on your email address and IP address, edit these out and resave the text doc before attaching
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 12-22-2011, 05:28 PM
jpb Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
Thanks Bookworm,

Haven't had a chance to look at this any further as my car and washing machine both died in the last week as well.

Will get Everest on to my computer and post the results back shortly.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 12-22-2011, 05:53 PM
jpb Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm
Lets have a look at your hardware Get Everest / copy and paste the Computer Summary section. Leave out the Debug PCI section
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...-Edition.shtml

Install Everest and run
Click Report (top menu) > Report Wizard > Next
Choose System Summary Only > Next
Choose Plain Text > Finish and wait for report to generate
Click Save to File and leave the File Name as Report, then click the Save as Type
dropdown and choose Report files (*txt) and click Save (n.b. Save to desktop is best as easy place to find it, use Browse to locate desktop)

Do NOTE that some parts of this report may have information on your email address and IP address, edit these out and resave the text doc before attaching

Here it is. I have to say that I don't like the look of the motherboard being classified as "unknown"

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.20.405
Homepage http://www.lavalys.com/
Report Type Report Wizard
Computer AARON-91ECD767E (OldPC)
Generator Admin
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
Date 2011-12-23
Time 09:46


--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name AARON-91ECD767E (OldPC)
User Name Admin

Motherboard:
CPU Type Unknown, 2400 MHz (7 x 343)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory 2048 MB
BIOS Type AMI (08/14/06)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 (1024 MB)
Monitor Daewoo 518B [15" CRT] (8241)

Storage:
IDE Controller Intel(R) ICH8 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2825
IDE Controller Intel(R) ICH8 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2820
SCSI/RAID Controller JMicron JMB36X Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive ST3250620AS (232 GB, IDE)
Disk Drive USB Flash Disk USB Device (494 MB, USB)
Optical Drive TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-W162Z SCSI CdRom Device (DVD+R9:5x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:16x/8x, DVD-RW:16x/6x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/32x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
Optical Drive TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-D162C SCSI CdRom Device (16x/48x DVD-ROM)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 29996 MB (14107 MB free)
D: (NTFS) 208468 MB (206324 MB free)
Total Size 232.9 GB (215.3 GB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse Microsoft PS/2 Mouse

Network:
Network Adapter Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Peripherals:
Printer Canon Bubble-Jet BJC-210
Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer
Printer Send To OneNote 2007
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2830 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2831 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2832 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2834 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2835 [NoDB]
USB2 Controller Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 2836 [NoDB]
USB2 Controller Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 283A [NoDB]
USB Device USB Mass Storage Device



--------[ Debug - Unknown ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HDD ST3250620AS
Motherboard 64-0309-000001-00101111-081406-Intel-BW$A0545000_BIOS DATE: 08/14/06 17:01:53 VER: 08.00.12
Motherboard DMIMOBO: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5B
Motherboard DMISYS: System manufacturer System Product Name
Motherboard Unknown
PCI/AGP 10DE-0E0C: Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 10DE-1201: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 197B-2363: JMicron JMB36X Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2810: Intel(R) ICH8/ICH8R Family LPC Interface Controller - 2810 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2820: Intel(R) ICH8 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2820 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2825: Intel(R) ICH8 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2825 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2830: Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2830 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2831: Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2831 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2832: Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2832 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2834: Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2834 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2835: Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2835 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2836: Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 2836 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-283A: Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 283A [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-283E: Intel(R) ICH8 Family SMBus Controller - 283E [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-283F: Intel(R) ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 283F [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2845: Intel(R) ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 4 - 2845 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2847: Intel(R) ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 5 - 2847 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-284B: Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-29A0: Intel(R) P965/G965 Processor to I/O Controller - 29A0 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-29A1: Intel(R) P965/G965 PCI Express Root Port - 29A1 [NoDB]


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 12-23-2011, 09:01 PM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb
Here it is. I have to say that I don't like the look of the motherboard being classified as "unknown"

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.20.405
Homepage http://www.lavalys.com/
Report Type Report Wizard
Computer AARON-91ECD767E (OldPC)
Generator Admin
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
Date 2011-12-23
Time 09:46


--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name AARON-91ECD767E (OldPC)
User Name Admin

Motherboard:
CPU Type Unknown, 2400 MHz (7 x 343)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory 2048 MB
BIOS Type AMI (08/14/06)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 (1024 MB)
Monitor Daewoo 518B [15" CRT] (8241)

Storage:
IDE Controller Intel(R) ICH8 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2825
IDE Controller Intel(R) ICH8 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2820
SCSI/RAID Controller JMicron JMB36X Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive ST3250620AS (232 GB, IDE)
Disk Drive USB Flash Disk USB Device (494 MB, USB)
Optical Drive TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-W162Z SCSI CdRom Device (DVD+R9:5x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:16x/8x, DVD-RW:16x/6x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/32x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
Optical Drive TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-D162C SCSI CdRom Device (16x/48x DVD-ROM)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 29996 MB (14107 MB free)
D: (NTFS) 208468 MB (206324 MB free)
Total Size 232.9 GB (215.3 GB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse Microsoft PS/2 Mouse

Network:
Network Adapter Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Peripherals:
Printer Canon Bubble-Jet BJC-210
Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer
Printer Send To OneNote 2007
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2830 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2831 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2832 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2834 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2835 [NoDB]
USB2 Controller Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 2836 [NoDB]
USB2 Controller Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 283A [NoDB]
USB Device USB Mass Storage Device



--------[ Debug - Unknown ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HDD ST3250620AS
Motherboard 64-0309-000001-00101111-081406-Intel-BW$A0545000_BIOS DATE: 08/14/06 17:01:53 VER: 08.00.12
Motherboard DMIMOBO: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5B
Motherboard DMISYS: System manufacturer System Product Name
Motherboard Unknown
PCI/AGP 10DE-0E0C: Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 10DE-1201: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 197B-2363: JMicron JMB36X Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2810: Intel(R) ICH8/ICH8R Family LPC Interface Controller - 2810 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2820: Intel(R) ICH8 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2820 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2825: Intel(R) ICH8 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2825 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2830: Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2830 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2831: Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2831 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2832: Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2832 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2834: Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2834 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2835: Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2835 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2836: Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 2836 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-283A: Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 283A [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-283E: Intel(R) ICH8 Family SMBus Controller - 283E [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-283F: Intel(R) ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 283F [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2845: Intel(R) ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 4 - 2845 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2847: Intel(R) ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 5 - 2847 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-284B: Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-29A0: Intel(R) P965/G965 Processor to I/O Controller - 29A0 [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-29A1: Intel(R) P965/G965 PCI Express Root Port - 29A1 [NoDB]


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.

Need to know which Sound Blaster X-Fi you have , this is the list
http://support.creative.com/Products...Sound+Blaster#

click X-Fi and all models shown, need to know which one.
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 12-23-2011, 10:12 PM
jpb Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm
Need to know which Sound Blaster X-Fi you have , this is the list
http://support.creative.com/Products...Sound+Blaster#

click X-Fi and all models shown, need to know which one.

I can't work out which one I have. My documentation/manuals won't elaborate any further except to call it an X-Fi. Do I have to open the box and look at the card itself?
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 12-23-2011, 10:24 PM
jpb Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb
I can't work out which one I have. My documentation/manuals won't elaborate any further except to call it an X-Fi. Do I have to open the box and look at the card itself?

I ended up opening the box. All I could find was a serial no and a model no.

Serial No: MASB0460612003650A
Model No: SB0460

Don't know if this helps.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 12-24-2011, 08:47 AM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb
I ended up opening the box. All I could find was a serial no and a model no.

Serial No: MASB0460612003650A
Model No: SB0460

Don't know if this helps.

From what I can find it's a Sound Blaster X-Fi ExtremeMusic

driver here http://support.creative.com/Products...T=CategoryID:1

First in the list.

When installed check that it is set as default audio

Check Control Panel/ Sound & Audio Devices/ Audio tab/ Sound Playback click on down arrow and check that the correct audio is selected.

Set a System Restore Point before installing any drivers just in case
Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore click radio button Create a restore point and follow instructions
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 12-24-2011, 04:06 PM
jpb Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm
From what I can find it's a Sound Blaster X-Fi ExtremeMusic

driver here http://support.creative.com/Products...T=CategoryID:1

First in the list.

When installed check that it is set as default audio

Check Control Panel/ Sound & Audio Devices/ Audio tab/ Sound Playback click on down arrow and check that the correct audio is selected.

Set a System Restore Point before installing any drivers just in case
Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore click radio button Create a restore point and follow instructions

No good. I get the following error at the beginning of the install:

"Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running the setup program."
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 12-24-2011, 05:01 PM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb
No good. I get the following error at the beginning of the install:

"Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running the setup program."

Looks like the OS is not recognising the sound card, go here to Asus your board is a P5B
http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...m=P5B&p=1&s=22

select OS

install the Chipset - then Restart your comp


then the Sound card driver again.

Don't forget the Restore Points before each installation.
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No audio - device missing in playback selection menu tdflyer Windows XP 21 10-31-2009 02:28 PM
No sound from new motherboard DessieFan Hardware Problems 8 05-08-2009 07:27 PM
SoundMAX is installed, but I can't get any sound! lovesshoes Hardware Problems 1 01-22-2008 09:36 AM
Windows XP Pro- No Audio Device Natosha Hardware Problems 0 09-20-2007 12:00 PM
Help!I reformatted my pc and lost all audio it says i have no audio device installed ptpjr Drivers 7 12-18-2006 04:20 AM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.3.2 © 2005, Crawlability, Inc.