SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Hardware > Hardware Problems
User Name
Password

Problems with installing new screen in laptop

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.25 average. Display Modes

Old 10-31-2013, 12:14 PM
ValiantSaint Offline

Problems with installing new screen in laptop

Hi everyone, I've been tasked with replacing the screen in my Sister-In-Law's Fujitsu/Siemens Amilo Li2735 laptop (As her little one decided to sit on it and break it)

I've had the laptop for about six months now, and had forgotten about it, until she told me to find a screen for it the other day. Now, it has been in bits for all this time, and what with my failing memory, I knew putting it together again would be hard, but not this hard!

After piecing it all back together, I thought I had it cracked, but sadly not, as when I powered it up again, there was no picture on the screen!

I don't know what I've done, I even tried the old screen back in it, but with the same results. I've noticed on the inverter (I think that's what it's called!) it looks like it has to be earthed? (Has one screw hole was a copper-like covering on it) Could I have plugged that back in wrong?

And to top it all off, the laptop is now making four beeps at me before shutting down. What causes that?

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't know what to do and my Wife will kill me when she finds out! Many thanks in advance : )

Old 06-23-2014, 05:56 PM
Kevin_gibson Offline

4 beeps could mean a motherboard or memory fault. If you've tried the new and old display and still no joy. Your mainboard has probably had it. You could swap test or clean your memory modules with contact cleaner. Otherwise I'd just say get a new laptop as some motherboards now are refurbished and will maybe work for a short time before another repair.

Big world out there - softwaretipsandtricks have your answer

www.google.com is your friend
Happy to help with Windows 95, 98, ME, XP & Vista, Windows 7. Any software related issues, or router problems, give us a shout.
Any make & model of PC, laptop problems. ST&T Always have a right answer