SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > General Computing > Internet
User Name
Password

‘ Browser is unable to accept cookies, please change the settings on your browser’

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Old 12-18-2002, 12:41 AM
vinceybaby Offline

‘ Browser is unable to accept cookies, please change the settings on your browser’

I have a user trying to access a eLearning management system. When they try to log in, they get the following error message:

He says he can accept cookies from other sites, just not ours.

I have got him to lower his privacy settings, but to no avail. I have logged into his account and could not replicate his error.

He is using winXP pro and IE6. Any ideas which settings need changing to allow cookies?

Many thanks in advance

Old 12-18-2002, 08:08 AM
dagacheme Offline

vinceybaby,

Sorry, I don't have a solution, but I am experiencing a similar problem. This is only occuring when I try to log into MSN gaming zone.

This is the error I get:

"Your Web browser options are currently set to disable cookies. To use .NET Passport, you must enable cookies."

My internet options are set to allow all cookies. It's strange that this problem just started occuring today. I downloaded the latest IE 6.0 patch(service pack patch 2?) a few days ago. I am using win2k server.

This seems to be a relatively new problem - I certainly hope somone posts a solution soon>