SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > General Computing > Internet
User Name
Password

Movie Downloads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes

Old 10-21-2010, 06:43 AM
Embolism Offline

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embolism
Well said whilst it is a valid point that a lot of pirated software contains server patches and virus`s it is also a valid point that emails and other transportprotocols can carry exe files or server patches in anything from music to pictures using applications like camoflage,it is not the protocol that is in question but the origins of what is sent and by whom.
As the progenitor of the idea that the irc security originally from ants p2p should be integrated into azureus paul grahams (PARG) I spent several years looking into applications and protocols and how they are subverted and can assure the frog and anyone else concerned that torrenting through azureus/vuzes is safe as long as the content is verified before being sent as with all secure applications.

sorry should read plug in by PARG -paul Grahams wouldn`t like to detract from the good work he did in implementing my idea which was basically to use IRC internoding as a security feature in decentralised torrenting within Azureus.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Great Dane Offline

Wink

Dude the only way that you can stream or download movies for free is to do it illegally (I'm guessing that you want them for free?).

The only other legal option is to pay via Netfllix or something.

You can watch some free streams of TV shows legally however (if you live in the United States).

At sites like Hulu.com (which is owned by several networks)

Or some networks like Fox put up free streams on their website for shows like family guy etc...

IMO opinion I can't see an individual getting busted for streaming movies.

They usually get the link sites (TvShack etc...) The owner is getting extradited from the U.K by the copyright cops.

And have even begun cracking down on third party video hosting sites like megavideo.

I have heard of some cases where individuals get busted over copyright infringement via their ISP, but that is usually to do with tracked torrents (EA games etc..)