User Name
Password

Proxy server hosting

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Old 08-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Brightblitz Offline

Proxy server hosting

Hello everyone!

Me and a classmate are trying our best to bypass our schools security systems. The network here doesnt have many of our favourite sites, like gamereactor, facebook and such.

We have come to the conclusion that using a proxy would benefit our recesses, by giving us access to these pages and video-games through my home network, with the actual proxy server running off my gaming PC while we are at school between 08:00 and 16:30.

Now, we have tried CC-proxy and other ones like it, though we are having a few problems with the ones we have found. They all run on LAN.

We would like to have a proxy server running on the internet, so that we wont have to use Hamachi to connect to it. We would also like a login system with permissions, so that for example only accounts labelled admin may use PTP files (uttorent). We would also like for our proxy server to set these permissions through .txt documents or the like, so that we may have these documents in a dropbox folder, easily accessible from our phones and laptops, in order to be able to make quick changes on the go.

It would be a plus if the software would be free, or quite cheap. I feel we can pay, but I would like it to be cheap nonetheless.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Brightblitz Offline

Proxy server shennanigans

Hello everyone!

Me and a classmate are trying our best to bypass our schools security systems. The network here doesnt have many of our favourite sites, like gamereactor, facebook and such.

We have come to the conclusion that using a proxy would benefit our recesses, by giving us access to these pages and video-games through my home network, with the actual proxy server running off my gaming PC while we are at school between 08:00 and 16:30.

Now, we have tried CC-proxy and other ones like it, though we are having a few problems with the ones we have found. They all run on LAN.

We would like to have a proxy server running on the internet, so that we wont have to use Hamachi to connect to it. We would also like a login system with permissions, so that for example only accounts labelled admin may use PTP files (uttorent). We would also like for our proxy server to set these permissions through .txt documents or the like, so that we may have these documents in a dropbox folder, easily accessible from our phones and laptops, in order to be able to make quick changes on the go.

It would be a plus if the software would be free, or quite cheap. I feel we can pay, but I would like it to be cheap nonetheless.