SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Other Operating Systems
User Name
Password


crack administrator password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 3.89 average. Display Modes

  #16  
Old 09-13-2007, 12:11 AM
groovyCrew Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4
A simple process was posted at the following location. Seems simple enough for even the most Novice user. The only catch... you need your XP Boot CD.

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...cle.asp?ID=305

groovyCrew

Last edited by The Tool : 09-15-2007 at 09:16 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 09-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Disk_Contented's Avatar
Disk_Contented Offline
Temporary Ban
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In a plasma conduit
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmonkey
I don't think you could crack it

Personally I use Winternals ERD commanders 2005:
http://www.winternals.com/Products/AdministratorsPak/

Cheers
You can find the pass: L0phtcrack from http://www.l0pht.com/l0phtcrack/
Or use the stated tool above, ERD commander, which allows you to simply replace it.
Even a version as old as ERD 2003 will work. (it's a WinPE boot CD)
__________________
Where there's a will, There's a way.
Pay developers, not Rapidshare!
I know nowt, but at least I'm trying.
Quality, not quantity.
Prevention is better than cure.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 12-16-2007, 01:11 PM
hank13's Avatar
hank13 Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 14
if u r running on windows u can follow this easy step-by-step
WARNING: this changes the password not figures it out
1. open the "run" window on the start menu
2. type "cmd" into the text area
3. the command prompt will open up
4. then you type exactly this "net user"
5. find the name in the list of who u want
6. type "net user name of the persons account *
7. then a box should pop up and ask you what you want to change the password to
8. type it
9. confirm it when it says type again
10. now the administrative password is changed

p.s. im 14 and i know all this
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 12-16-2007, 01:12 PM
hank13's Avatar
hank13 Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 14
lol this one time i changed the admin password at school with this technique


IT WORKS
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 12-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Disk_Contented's Avatar
Disk_Contented Offline
Temporary Ban
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In a plasma conduit
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank13
lol this one time i changed the admin password at school with this technique
IT WORKS

Assuming the OP can get into windows in the first place. Otherwise, It's pointless.
__________________
Where there's a will, There's a way.
Pay developers, not Rapidshare!
I know nowt, but at least I'm trying.
Quality, not quantity.
Prevention is better than cure.
Reply With Quote

  #21  
Old 12-27-2007, 04:38 PM
psychotic_g Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gul
tell me how to crack admin password

crack it? Have fun the passwords in windows xp pro are secured behind 128 bit encryption. A dictionary based brute force attack would be your best bet for it. It'd be even easier if you knew how many key strokes it was to limit your choices. If your looking for someone to teach you to hack look elsewhere
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 12-31-2007, 06:27 PM
futuregeek's Avatar
futuregeek Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 9
Thumbs up ThanX al1aprize

[color="SeaGreen"][size="4"][font="Fixedsys"]I just cracked [ ]the administrator password on my roommates computer with ophcrack. It took all of about 30 minutes. It actually cracked two passwords. This is the link the SourceForge info-download page. ThanX guys


Future Geek

Last edited by The Tool : 01-01-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 01-01-2008, 03:09 AM
futuregeek's Avatar
futuregeek Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 9
psychotic_g

Just to be a smart-ass but I did have fun cracking the Administrator passowrd... ;oP

Future Geek

Last edited by The Tool : 01-01-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 03-13-2008, 04:40 PM
target.x Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1
ok...
here's what you do.

if you're not really the admin, don't do this.

go into whatever windows account you want, just login as a guest or something.
as long as your network doesn't have incredibly obsessive security, you should be able to do this:

1) click start, then run.

2) in the run text box, type cmd.exe

3) you'll se a command prompt, don't be scared.

4) type this: net user

5) hit enter

6) it'll show users and groups on your network. you want to get into "administrator". to do this, type this: net user administrator *

7) yes, include the asterisk.

8) it'll give you a prompt asking for a password. type in whatever you want, this will be your new password. it's not going to look like you're typing anything, that's normal. hit enter.

9) then it will ask you to retype it. do so, then hit enter.

10) remember what you typed, this is your new admin password. obviously you can change it if you want when you log back in.


if you have any questions like if it doesnt work or something, feel free to email me---

inkjetdream@gmail.com

don't pm me because i only created an account here to post this for you :]

thx
Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 03-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Disk_Contented's Avatar
Disk_Contented Offline
Temporary Ban
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In a plasma conduit
Posts: 1,622
This won't work. You need specific rights to perform the operation. Guest certainly won't cut it. Don't waste your time.
__________________
Where there's a will, There's a way.
Pay developers, not Rapidshare!
I know nowt, but at least I'm trying.
Quality, not quantity.
Prevention is better than cure.
Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 03-27-2008, 06:33 PM
netengineer Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by infestedtassada
I disagree, if your using windows xp you can do the following:

#1 boot into safe mode (press F8 before windows starts),

#2 log onto the account named "administaor" NOT your normal account

#3 go into control panal and remove password from user account settings.

I cant remember how many times iv forgot my password and had to do this. that or reinstall windows but i dont think anyone wants that joy.
Actually "snowmonkey" is correct with his observation. You're not understanding the original problem. What you're suggesting doesn't work if you've set a password to the Administrator account. You obviously use the default Welcome screen. Let someone who knows what they're doing sit down at your PC for 2 minutes and I guarantee you that the next time you boot into safe mode and click on Administrator...you're gonna have a big surprise..
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 03-27-2008, 06:42 PM
netengineer Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by target.x
ok...
here's what you do.

if you're not really the admin, don't do this.

go into whatever windows account you want, just login as a guest or something.
as long as your network doesn't have incredibly obsessive security, you should be able to do this:

1) click start, then run.

2) in the run text box, type cmd.exe

3) you'll se a command prompt, don't be scared.

4) type this: net user

5) hit enter

6) it'll show users and groups on your network. you want to get into "administrator". to do this, type this: net user administrator *

7) yes, include the asterisk.

8) it'll give you a prompt asking for a password. type in whatever you want, this will be your new password. it's not going to look like you're typing anything, that's normal. hit enter.

9) then it will ask you to retype it. do so, then hit enter.

10) remember what you typed, this is your new admin password. obviously you can change it if you want when you log back in.


if you have any questions like if it doesnt work or something, feel free to email me---

inkjetdream@gmail.com

don't pm me because i only created an account here to post this for you :]

thx
WRONG...that only works if the user account you are logged in as has administrative privileges..GOD does anyone on this forum know what they are talking about..
Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 03-27-2008, 06:45 PM
netengineer Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank13
if u r running on windows u can follow this easy step-by-step
WARNING: this changes the password not figures it out
1. open the "run" window on the start menu
2. type "cmd" into the text area
3. the command prompt will open up
4. then you type exactly this "net user"
5. find the name in the list of who u want
6. type "net user name of the persons account *
7. then a box should pop up and ask you what you want to change the password to
8. type it
9. confirm it when it says type again
10. now the administrative password is changed

p.s. im 14 and i know all this
Sorry but you're wrong..that only worked because the account you were logged in as already had administrative privileges..otherwise you would get ACCESS DENIED after entering the password for the second time. Guess you don't know as much as you think..Stay in school please..
Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 03-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Disk_Contented's Avatar
Disk_Contented Offline
Temporary Ban
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In a plasma conduit
Posts: 1,622
[quote=netengineer]GOD does anyone on this forum know what they are talking about..
QUOTE]
I suggest you reseve your negative comments until you are better aquainted with the regular members of this board. Some of whom are long standing supporters.
You do them a great disservice.
__________________
Where there's a will, There's a way.
Pay developers, not Rapidshare!
I know nowt, but at least I'm trying.
Quality, not quantity.
Prevention is better than cure.
Reply With Quote

  #30  
Old 04-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Kevin_gibson's Avatar
Kevin_gibson Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 1,483
I agree with disk_contented, but anybody can hack in to a PC with any knowledge of PCs.

They look at forums, they ask friends & family for help and you'll always find information from somewhere about hacking or breaking into accounts.

So not everybody learns straight away, just like netengineer who seems to be a "know it all" with his sarcasm and his stupid comments on a suggestion that was provided just to help people out.
__________________
Toshiba Accredited Laptop Technician

Big world out there - softwaretipsandtricks have your answer

www.google.com is your friend
Happy to help with Windows 95, 98, ME, XP & Vista, Windows 7. Any software related issues, or router problems, give us a shout.
Any make & model of PC, laptop problems. ST&T Always have a right answer
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a good Crack Site Gurkx Gaming 3 11-23-2006 11:15 AM
NFS Underground Crack BigHalady Gaming 3 08-19-2006 04:51 PM
good crack site tidus009_1/2 Software Problems and Useful Utilities 5 04-30-2005 05:36 PM
i need to either uninstall xp or crack activation!! kingjamie Windows XP 2 12-29-2002 11:54 AM
Anyone Got MSN Explorer 8 Crack? noddy89 Windows XP 1 10-21-2002 07:07 AM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.3.2 © 2005, Crawlability, Inc.