SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Other Operating Systems
User Name
Password

crack administrator password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 3.89 average. Display Modes

Old 11-29-2010, 03:36 PM
nicebadboy518 Offline

hi dave

dave i got this Hiren's bootcd but when i boot to the cd drive with this cd in it it says system failure, insert system disk.... any info would be aprecated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA
Personally, I've had a lot of problems in this area - I look after several small networks for Resource Centres, and there's always one bright spark who goes through the machines changing the passwords - including the Administrator's password. I'm not sure whether the disk is illegal or not but it's a godsend to me - "Hiren's Boot Disk" gets you into anything, and from option 9 on it you can select "password tools" and then the first choice (can't remember what it's called) will remove any password, including the Administrator's or any other user. And as you boot from the CD, you don't need to go into XP or whatever else. Hope that helps. I realise this is an old post as such but someone might read it

Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 AM
SoftwareHacker Offline

No Both Of You Are Right

WELL ITS NOT MY BUSSINESS rBUT YOU ALL ARE RIGHT. Snow Monkey You are using Windowsxp Home edition.
And You my friend are Using windows xp Pro... SO DONT FIGHT
Cheers

Old 02-26-2011, 01:07 AM
mewgirl Offline

NEVER EVER delete the SAM folder like one poster has advised you to. This will most likely kill Windows and require a reformat to make the computer work.

Okay, first of all all the posts that are saying to use the net user command through cmd are REALLY stupid, because this is the same thing that's available through the normal control panel to remove other users' passwords as well as having absolutely nothing to do with the original question.

To gain access to a computer or the ability to install programs, etc., the most common or easiest thing to do is log into the hidden administrator account. This can be done by typing Administrator as your log on name, or press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice to bring up the prompt if you're on the normal log-in screen that lists users. Type nothing in the password box. Many businesses don't bother to password this or don't know of it's existence. Once you log one, you can use this as "your" desktop, you can create a new account (which will eventually be noticed and deleted), or you can go into the control panel to change the main user from "Restricted" to "Administrator". However, some functions that are disabled on the regular user's account (even after promoting) are often enabled on the administrator account. Any needed options that remain disabled, to the best of my current knowledge, are done through a CP item called Group Policy, so if there is a specific thing you need access to, you can Google with Group Policy.

On systems that use log-ins with timers, such as libraries, logging into the Administrator account is usually enough to disable the time limit. The log-in is (usually) just an overlay to Windows, so if you disable the program in msconfig, it will not run and you can use the computer normally. In this case you just have to use the library's default log-in system once, then "switch user" or otherwise log off to the admin account.

If DeepFreeze is not enable (this is the software that restores a previous setup, thereby deleting any programs and files, every time you restart the computer), you can also set the computer to automatically log onto the Administrator account (bypass logon screen) or an account you have set up for yourself, by going to cmd and typing in "control userpasswords2". Just don't forget to change that option back to a different account before you leave the computer, if you don't want other eople using it or if you are in a place where employees will notice the logon has been changed and/or frequent users will report it because they prefer to not be able to use the computer themselves.

If the Administrator account has a password, you will need to remove it with a boot disk. This site has an .iso file, which you download and then burn to a CD (you need an ISO burner specifically, not a regular CD burner - you are not writing files exactly). There is also a floppy disk for computer that have their CD drives disabled, and some USB files. The floppy option uses three disks; you insert the first floppy that does not say "drivers", then switch to "drivers 1" and "drivers 2" when prompted. The USB files can be included on any USB drive, it does not need to be one with no other files on it. Most places do not password the BIOS so this method is pretty good as far as "how many different places/computers it will work on". I have not been in any place where the USB option worked, however.

Insert the CD or floppy, then restart the computer and press F2, F11, F12, Esc, and then the rest of the 'F' keys if none of those work. The first screen you see should tell you which button to press for "boot options", but if not the ones I mentioned are the most common. It is always either a function key or Esc. Usually you will be able to access a screen that just says, "which device to you want to boot from" (choose CD or floppy, wherever you have you disc/k), but if not, you can also change "boot order" in the set-up and put the right drive first on the list, and the hard drive second. If you do this you will need to remove your disk/cs before you restart a second time.

Now you will see a DOS screen with a lot of text. Sometimes the account you want is not "Administrator", so if you see any names you don't recognize you may as well just clear all of the passwords, unless there is an account where this may be noticed. The users SUPPORT_05785789 (random numbers) and HelpAssistant can be ignored; they were not installed by the computer owners or users. There is also a "promote user" option; this makes a non-administrator account an administrator; if you think you may fail or if the Admin account breaks internet, this optin can also be useful.

After following the instructions restart the computer again. Be sure to read ALL the messages before restarting the computer, because the keys you need to press are not good examples of what keys should do, and at one point you have to tell it to "write" to save all your registry edits.

Restart the computer when it tells you to by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL, remove your disks and log into the Administrator or other account with no password. Don't worry if the computer has DeepFreeze installed, it doesn't matter. The computer will be "reset" when you restart, but the Administrator account password will not be changed back to the original.

Sometimes you can stop DeepFreeze from working by uninstalling it with REVO Uninstaller (get the "professional" version, which does not expire it just says it does). This only works on some computers.

Logging in with the Administrator account at most places will also stop the timers, including the automatic shut-down timer, in most places, so be sure you start saving and log off when the place is close to closing so they don't know that you got around the timer.

Besides making your own account or using the Administrator account as "your desktop", you could also use the regular desktop and set your program shortcuts to "hidden" then change the CP option to not show hidden files. (Note: After you change the CP option, you will still be able to see your hidden files on the desktop until the next time you log off and on to that account).

You should also go to Start > Run > Services.msc and disable any services that might be used to "watch" your computer from another computer. This is usually done by using another program,and those programs (VNC is one) can be uninstalled with REVO. However, sometimes that same program is also used to enable the internet connection, and uninstalling it will break the internet. You should not do anything with Services.msc unless you know what they mean. There are guides around the internet that are easily Googleable. Never disable any internet-enabling services, such as "Wireless Zero Configuration", because occasionally if the internet breaks, restarting the service will not fix it. You should, however, disable services like "WMI Performance Adapter" which use Windows to see info about what's being done on your current computer. However, using programs is far more common then using Windows services.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:27 AM
mohammad_SaleeM Offline

Cool Mas

Hey Buddy,

Just forget about all.............

Now Download This file
http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/down...hp?type=livecd

from this link download iso which matched your oS......

just boot from it and follows its on screen instructions....

it will fuck your admin password off..............

if it wont work,,,,,,,,, you can ask me to mail id.:mohammad_saleem2@rediffmail.com.....

im damn sure that it will work,,,,,

MAS

Old 06-24-2011, 05:45 AM
Embolism Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embolism
1 do not mess with the schools laptop,use a linux live cd as long as there is a windows partition on the drive it will run linux and download whatever to a usb key/dongle,hope this helps.
Remember most schools and colleges also know which terminal and user go online and to where through their server so Linux is the best, but you will still leave tracks as you are not experienced enough to do what you intend.

for those not using another's machine I would suggest xp password recovery which allows access to sam file at boot and all passwords can be deleted or changed.

linux Rules,microsoft drools...
Including administrator passwd!!

Old 06-24-2011, 06:06 AM
Embolism Offline

If using a computer such as a dell with an EEPRom chip then obviously contact support@dell and if you are owner they will supply you with master code to access computer it is better than trying to flash chip after making hole in chassis to try and flash chip because if you do it wrong said computer may never start again ,lol.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:46 AM
07rinny Offline

Angry Hey >;0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliatmi
How to crack administrator password.
I lost administrator password for windows XP what should I do to get window back?

MOTHER FAR!! >;0 MAH MUM LOST TEH ADMIN PW!! DAMN HER!! DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET IT BK WITHOUT USING A ADMIN-REQUIRED PROGRAM OR DISK?? I NEED TO BOOT SOME PROGRAMS HERE D;<

Old 02-15-2012, 07:32 AM
Embolism Offline

lol it `s not going to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07rinny
MOTHER FAR!! >;0 MAH MUM LOST TEH ADMIN PW!! DAMN HER!! DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET IT BK WITHOUT USING A ADMIN-REQUIRED PROGRAM OR DISK?? I NEED TO BOOT SOME PROGRAMS HERE D;<

Without a disc floppy or otherwise you will not be able to access sam file to change password and are effectively locked out of your own PC,as stated with a downloaded file burnt on either a floppy or cd you may at boot up be able to delete passwd or recover it and so enter operating system,I will not waste further time reposting all other links so please read back over previous ones
you may also use a linux live o/s burnt onto a key or disc to access the operating system and retrieve info burning it to a cd or usb key then simply reformat existing operating system,the choice is yours bon chance
p.s Mas has a link which gives the same option for password deletion in vista as well as xp for those of you that actually read and check links,well done MAS.

Last edited by Embolism : 02-15-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:34 PM
duhg Offline

Smile It may work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infestedtassada
and dude i fully understand what the original question is and i gave him a way to beat around it that dose work and is insanly simple. iv tried it on my machine 2 or 3 times and my older brother had to do it at his old job and it dose work, i can garentee that much.

if you say have one account like i do when u boot into safe mode there will be another account that you dont see while being in non-safe mode. if you dont belive me, then try it for youself.

This is a solution that I used, however, the machine did not have a password set in the admin account. So, it is not the solution for everyone. Just against kids computers, maybe. Phew! Otherwise, would have probably had to pay to use a service.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:46 AM
Embolism Offline

insanely simples

what people fail to do is follow advice all downloads are free at sourceforge.net if they bother and no service or payment required,made for the people by the people,sourceforge 101 (:^D)