SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Other Operating Systems
User Name
Password

Oracle VM VirtualBox with Ubuntu: screen resolution

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes

Old 12-07-2010, 06:06 PM
AlexBarreira Offline

Oracle VM VirtualBox with Ubuntu: screen resolution

Hello!

I installed today the Oracle Virtual Machine with Linux in it.

It's all working just fine except the fact that I can't set the screen layout into full screen. I tried the monitor definitions of Ubuntu, and it has only 2 possible screen resolution, none of them fits my screen.

When I try to make Ubuntu detect my monitor, it simples states: "Unknown".

I tried several other things, like searching in the VM itsel for an asnwer but nothing! I'm kind of a newby about this things, so I don't know if there's even a solution, help would be appreciated.

Are any others VM's for Windows 7, that don't exhibit this problem!?

Alex

Old 06-27-2011, 05:46 AM
Embolism Offline

I am unfamiliar with oracle vm to be truthful what I can say without contradiction is that as a rule Linux does not ship with proprietary drivers for graphics cards and so you may have limited graphics capabilities using vm ware.
After installing independently any Linux o/s you have to install from repository latest drivers,some linux ships with basic legacy drivers for ATI (Radeon legacy drivers),but not Nvidia,subsequently identification of monitors is limited as are visual tweaks beyond the most basic generic resolutions,hope this helps.