SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Other Operating Systems
User Name
Password

Software or what els do i need...

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

Old 02-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Nadejda Offline

Exclamation Software or what els do i need...

i am planing to build a website, with a searing videos by the website link.. but what i am interested is for the link to be sent automatically and that should work only for 24 hours... if there is anyone who understand and may be could help with some ideas or know where to look for it, will be really thankful for help...

Old 07-03-2011, 08:01 AM
Embolism Offline

[quote=Nadejda]i am planing to build a website, with a searing videos by the website link.. but what i am interested is for the link to be sent automatically and that should work only for 24 hours... if there is anyone who understand and may be could help with some ideas or know where to look for it, will be really thankful for help...[/QUOTE

searing videos?,do you mean streaming videos!!

Old 07-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Embolism Offline

I think i have some gist of what you are asking for and i suggest you use bit torrent aka p2p application for such method,it will allow for safe ,untrackable transport and such can be delivered on a timed basis using certain bit torrent applications some of which allow for timed duration.
There are many to choose from I have been instrumental in the past in the development of Azureus now known as vuze,but there are a whole range of torrent applications from u torrent,ktorrent,deluge,limewire,ctorrent,bittoren t,emule,etc,etc,
most allow for remote control and most allow the creation of torrents from your own files which can be downloaded from your systems/pc`s own server via a simple torrent file link,hope this helps.
The other option is to get a big expensive server with a large bandwidth and serve up real time video which is real streaming and you can limit duration through server,all links are static until clicked on or downloaded so not really automatic as someone has to activate them in the first instance. =)

Old 07-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Embolism Offline

Given your obvious limited knowledge in transportation of data I recommend you get a server monkey to set up for you or read appropriate literature to do such as there are pitfalls to setting up streaming such as not having suitable defences to prevent packet flooding or DOS or rival servers giving you the K^ switch and shutting you down.
Literature would include things like foundstone articles and about hackng exploits,defend your systems through having a good firewall with a java backend etc.
good luck =)

Last edited by Embolism : 07-03-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Embolism Offline

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fou...ient=firefox-a
http://www.digitallogistix.com/solut...oundstone.html
this is a direction to go in if you wish to set up real-time server and hope you take note of some of the exploits you will be exposing yourself to
You will need to start at the basics and it might be a lot to absorb :^D

Last edited by Embolism : 07-03-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Embolism Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embolism
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fou...ient=firefox-a
http://www.digitallogistix.com/solut...oundstone.html
this is a direction to go in if you wish to set up real-time server and hope you take note of some of the exploits you will be exposing yourself to
You will need to start at the basics and it might be a lot to absorb :^D

foundstone do courses in server management and security vulnerabilities as do others it depends on which way you wish to proceed and how much you wish to spend in the process.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:40 AM
Embolism Offline

I wish you luck with that

Last edited by Embolism : 07-06-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:13 AM
Embolism Offline

Bit torrent Live is in development as of now and should be a functional platform to stream from in the very near future in real Time,Bit torrent have also signed with 20+ TV manufacturers who are going to incorporate the Bit torrent application in their TV`s,so as I said at the beginning Bit torrent is the way to go

Old 12-12-2012, 02:57 AM
Embolism Offline

there is also now the open broadcasting project @sourceforge.net for those who are following the thread which allows the user to upload his own videos directly without need of a third party server like youtube as well as allowing streaming files to HDD