SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Software > Software Problems and Useful Utilities
User Name
Password

No Sound On The Internet

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 2.78 average. Display Modes

Old 11-16-2006, 09:17 PM
SaoirseMC Offline

Unhappy No Sound On The Internet

I just changed my computer and reinstalled everything and for some bizarre reason it will play sound with windows media player and itunes but nothing online, like on animations or youtube. I went into tools>options and the sound options are ticked, I cant think of anything else to do! Its very irritating as I need sound to help with my media course!

Old 11-17-2006, 12:38 PM
tftgrad Offline

please tell us more on what browser and what system you are using.

in the meantime check the volume control of your pc.

start menu>programs>accessories>entertainment>volume control.

push up all volume dials to the top.

Old 11-18-2006, 02:33 PM
SaoirseMC Offline

I use Internet Explorer, Windows XP Home on a Pentium 4

Old 11-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Medieval666 Offline

hey

I would do what the dude said above me and check ure volume controls....

Old 11-21-2006, 09:49 AM
SaoirseMC Offline

I found out what the problem was, I had plugged it into the wrong thing at the back. What I find bizarre is that it played fine on Itunes and everything else, but nothing online.

Thank you for all your help

Old 07-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Satori23 Offline

I am having the same problem but I am using Firefox and I have already fixed my volume controls...Please help

Old 09-08-2007, 08:49 AM
wuerfs Offline

Internet Audio trouble shooting

This is posted on the Youtube site under troubleshooting. It worked for me. I was having the same issue.

Why can't I hear the audio when I'm watching a video?

For Mac users:

1. Open "Applications" > "Utilities" > "Audio MIDI Setup"
2. Check the properties for "Built In Output". Make sure it's set to 44.1 KHz.

For PC users:

1. Click "Start".
2. Select "Run".
3. Type: sndvol32
4. Click "OK".
5. Make sure the following are not muted and the volume is up for "Volume Control" and "Wave".

If you're still having trouble, check to see if your system meets these requirements for running the video player:

1. Macromedia Flash Player 7.0+ plug-in
2. Windows 2000 or higher with latest updates installed
3. Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
4. Firefox 1.1+, Internet Explorer 5.0+, or Safari 1.0+
5. Broadband connection with 500+ Kbps

Videos on YouTube are streamed through an Adobe Flash player. For the best viewing experience, we suggest you install the latest version of Adobe Flash after removing any old versions you've installed.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:28 AM
iamsam Offline

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuerfs
This is posted on the Youtube site under troubleshooting. It worked for me. I was having the same issue.

Why can't I hear the audio when I'm watching a video?

For Mac users:

1. Open "Applications" > "Utilities" > "Audio MIDI Setup"
2. Check the properties for "Built In Output". Make sure it's set to 44.1 KHz.

Thanks!

I lost audio from all internet apps a couple of weeks ago, not just youtube.

This worked perfectly for me. I don't know why my settings got changed over, but putting it back to 44.1 KHz did the trick.

Sam

Old 02-04-2008, 12:27 AM
presto423 Offline

also check here

For anyone else that hasn't resolved this problem, check the following link, as I had the same problem that seemed to come out of nowhere. After some research, I found that this solution worked. It basically involves replacing and remapping files to the registry.

Here is the link:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...io-in-windows/

I hope this helps, as it appears to be a relatively common problem with so many possible answers, yet many of them not working in various forums.

Peace

Old 08-14-2008, 04:47 PM
CandidCooperatr Offline

I have the same problem: no sound on any of my fully updated internet browsers, (MSN, IE, Safari, Mozilla). Video functions fine from sites (youtube, google, yahoo, veoh) but there is no audio. The sound problem is completely limited to the browsers; when I open the exact same videos through the program Veoh TV, (from Yahoo, Google and Veoh), or internet videos through Realplayer, QuickTime and Windows Media Player the sound is fully functional. I thought it must be an adobe flash player problem but I have reinstalled and updated it several times.

I have tried ALL of the above suggestions, and more found elsewhere and not seen any success. I am at a complete loss! Please help!

Microsoft Windows XP Pro 2002 Service pack 3
Safari 3.525.21.0
Mozilla Firefox 1.8.20080.4669

If any other info is needed just ask!
IE 7.0.5730.11
Adobe Flash 9

Old 09-01-2008, 02:01 PM
charley92x Offline

Hope this Helps! x

Hi I've been having the same problem for AGES now and I only got rid of it yesterday. Unfortunately it includes creating a new user account. That's the only thing that has worked for me. I really hope this helps. The only reason I signed up is to post this message. Take Care & good luck! Charley x

Old 10-03-2008, 02:46 AM
castingshade Offline

Possible fix

This seems to be an ongoing problem... I found that there are many claimed soultions out there, so I'd give them all a try and you might find one that works. As for me, I had no sound on any web browser, or system sounds (start-up sounds, mouse clicks) but did have sound on media player.

*First thing I did was the most obvious,
Check the sound properties and make sure nothing was muted and that the sound icon was checked and all the volume levels were up. no good.
*Second I un/reinstalled all of my flash devices. adobe, quicktime, etc.. didn't work
*Third I un/reinstalled my sound drivers, then eventually bought a new soundcard figuring maybe the integrated sound had malfunctioned, but to no avail.
*Next I tried checking the registry and seeing if wavemapper (as mentioned in other forums) was there- it was.
*Third I downloaded the K-lite codec pack, figuring the problem was in my registry. The fix all part was greyed out...
*I decided to try a system restore on a date before I lost my sound, wouldn't work.

Finally being frustrated and out of ideas I decided to pull out my OS cd and go with a Windows Repair.
It's not hard to do, and it doesn't remove any of your saved data such as songs, pictures, and word documents. But I would make a backup of any data you wouldn't want to lose, just in case. This was my last resort before a complete reformat.
Here's a good link to go by
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
This worked great for me, I now have sound, all of my files, and my system runs just as smooth as ever.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Sybert Offline

This might work

1.Open Control Panel.
2.Double Click to open Sounds and Audio Devices.
3.Click Sounds tab.
4.Scroll down to Windows Explorer, which is present under the Programs events.
5.Select Complete Navigation double click on it and click Start Navigation.
Click OK/Apply.

Goodluck

Old 03-14-2009, 12:43 PM
jaspalding Offline

Smile Thank You For This Post!!!!

I have been without any sound on my laptop that didn't come from the dvd drive for 2 years!! I just found this thread and followed this link and the instructions for remapping registry files. I ran the download and immediately I had sound!! I feel like the deaf whose recently been touched by the hands of Jesus, himself, and received hearing!!!

I can't thank you enough!!!

jaspalding

Quote:
Originally Posted by presto423
For anyone else that hasn't resolved this problem, check the following link, as I had the same problem that seemed to come out of nowhere. After some research, I found that this solution worked. It basically involves replacing and remapping files to the registry.

Here is the link:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...io-in-windows/

I hope this helps, as it appears to be a relatively common problem with so many possible answers, yet many of them not working in various forums.

Peace

Old 04-30-2009, 05:35 AM
Milk1901 Offline

hi..my name is milk n im facing a problem wif the sound on the internet in my laptop..

there's sound when i on my windows media player and others but when i tried to watch video on youtube and other online streaming website there's no sound..

i tried going to tools>internet option and check the 'play sounds in web pages'...and i went to control panel>sound speeches and audio devices and put sounds on the complete navigation and start navigation...and there's still no sound on the internet..

it confuses me because there was still sound yesterday...is there anyone who can help me with this problem?? im facing a dead end..