SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Software > Software Problems and Useful Utilities
User Name
Password

IDM problems.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 2.70 average. Display Modes

Old 08-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Brann Offline

IDM problems.

Hello
I have some questions concerning a common software, IDM (Internet Download Manager)

Sometimes ago, when I was downloading something, before it was finished, I forgot it was downloading things and I unplugged the LAN cable (Disconnect from the internet), not long after I plugged the cable back to the PC.

But there were no interruption or any error message from IDM , everything went on as usual , it continued to download until "complete"

I would like to know if such case would lead to any incompleteness or corruption of the files. All the files can be played properly but I just don't know if there will be any loss of quality.

Thank you

Old 09-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Amirhossssein Offline

after disabling the connection for the next 10 second (or maybe 5) IDM will try to re establish the connection , if u plugged back in less than 10 seconds then download will go on without any errors
after 10 seconds (or maybe less) u may get an error or if this download is in a Queue, IDM will try to download the next item (but in the "Status" column you will see "Error" instead of percentage)

Old 11-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Brann Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirhossssein
after disabling the connection for the next 10 second (or maybe 5) IDM will try to re establish the connection , if u plugged back in less than 10 seconds then download will go on without any errors
after 10 seconds (or maybe less) u may get an error or if this download is in a Queue, IDM will try to download the next item (but in the "Status" column you will see "Error" instead of percentage)

hi
my main concern is actually...um...

Before I first used IDM, I only used Chrome / Firefox to download things, however, one day I (by accident) found that I had downloaded a file that was incomplete compared to the original one in server but I JUST DIDN'T GET ANY SIGNAL OR even a message shown on the Chrome / Firefox stating that the file was incomplete. This worries me. Will there be actually lots of incomplete files downloaded but the user may not even know?

You know , some incomplete files can still be read/played.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:40 PM
syed saqib Offline

actually my idm is registrered with fake key..... and now i m facing difficulty in downloading things