SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Software > Software Problems and Useful Utilities
User Name
Password

Yahoo Booter Help

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 2.95 average. Display Modes

Old 10-23-2003, 07:08 PM
Play_The_0dds Offline
Risk it all

Yahoo Booter Help

i go to yahoo quite a bit and hear alot of people complain about being booted. there are several misconceptions about what is happening. 1 putting someone on ignore will not stop the booter.2 the person using the booter probably does have "ears" or sound listening to everything you say on mic.
there are a few ways to stop this. you can go to chat on java which you log into chat from internet explorer and go to the yahoo home page, select chat, then log in and on the far top right of the screen select java from the drop down list. do not use chat 2.0 it is booted easier than messenger. if someone uses a java booter you can ignore the name booting and it will not boot you.
now for the messenger, the reason you cant tell who is booting you, they use what is called a protocol bot, which can have from 1- to several hundred yahoo names logged in. these programs are like a yahoo messenger they log in with no help or connection to the yahoo messenger it's self. these programs send mass private messages,invitations for web cam, join user, file transfers, voice chat, and several other yahoo features, all this at one time overloads the messenger and shuts it down. to stop this you have to have ytunnel pro. and even then you must know how to use it. first go into the login tab of yahoo messenger, then preferences, block everything, file transfers, private messages, invitations.... then back to the login tab, select my profiles, click create and edit a new public profile, make up a name if you "nick" is( name156 ), try( name162 ), and create the new profile. now you have alot of friends on your name? if the profile is made, close yahoo messenger, and log in with the new profile name, use your password for your original name. enable the profile cloak by right clicking the ytunnel icon and select enable profile cloak, go to the preferences on ytunnel the same way as you enabled the cloak, block everything, even your Friends from pm'ing with you filter everything, hide you ip, use every security option there. now when you click the chat button to go to chat, at the top of the screen look for enter chat as, select your original name, then enter chat, never give out the new name you made to anyone. if you want private messages, use msn messenger or one of the many other voice/cam messengers. i do not guarantee you will not be booted, but this will stop 98% of the known boots. i have not seen any post that really deals with this, so hope this one helps. post a reply if you need more help on this, or see a mistake i have made.

Last edited by Play_The_0dds : 10-23-2003 at 07:12 PM.

Old 05-02-2005, 08:29 PM
deakin Offline

Hello,

Can you please give me the original link to download ytunner/pro. I am really fed up of getting booted while playing games at yahoo (java sun has to be enabled for playing games). I start getting flood from different name of bots even i have set options that decline all messages and invitations.
I have made a new id for playing games on yahoo. Is it possible to ignore everyone to stay away from booting?
I will be extremely thankful, if you can help me out.

Thanks.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:20 AM
The Tool Offline

Get Y!TunnelBasic.

Y!TunnelBasic contains the same level of anti-boot protection offered by Y!TunnelPro but does not contain features such as the Super Iggy Bin, Privacy Modes, Advanced connection features, Auto Update, and alternate connection methods to prevent the loss of voice in chatrooms.

http://www.ytunnelpro.com/xmod.php?bif=download

Old 10-12-2005, 10:53 PM
nobragman Offline

The best booting solution

The best solution to booting is to 1st and foremost get a new chat client other than yahoos messenger. Ytunnel is good but it uses a chat protocol that is still vulnerable to booting. There are other free chat clients that use more boot resistant chat protocols

and most of all they are free

more information on this can be obtained at www.yahlist.net/boots.htm

Old 01-09-2006, 05:46 PM
nobragman Offline

Yahlist also has missing user rooms

If you were looking for the missing user rooms they are gone

But www.yahlist.net has listings of where people hang out

For example Indiana:15 is the Indiana Gay/Bi Room

Along with these "hangout room listings" www.yahlist.net has a bunch of
Yahoo Group Chat rooms listed and how to get into them

For example They're are several Goth chat rooms that are run
under the Yahoo Group Rooms and are not in any directory
except Yahlist.

You don't have to become a member to get into these rooms there is a command that can get you in from yahoo messenger

Old 02-26-2006, 08:42 PM
ech0m4nc3r Offline

Hi I'm really new to this whole thing but the advice on the yahoo messenger was really effective, I have ytunnel pro now after a friend sent it to me, I'll advise everyone that I know that has this same being booted probelm, thanks again [/quote][/quote]

Old 07-06-2012, 02:27 AM
baruqhhashem Offline

what about being booted on yahoo games particularly checkers?

Old 07-21-2013, 03:57 AM
a8000 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by baruqhhashem
what about being booted on yahoo games particularly checkers?

i play yahoo checkers all the time and the booting is becoming unbearable. Does anyone have a solution?

i turned on decline all invites, that didn't work. i hear some people say its about your connection...shyt i'm not on 56k....there's an a-- hole who doesn't get booted, but he laughs at us and says he can't tell us his secret.