SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Windows 7
User Name
Password

Video Controller Driver issue on my Windows 7

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.33 average. Display Modes

Old 04-20-2011, 01:15 AM
cartis824 Offline

Video Controller Driver issue on my Windows 7

My Dad installed Windows 7 onto my computer and the display quality was kind of big and blurry-ish. I could read and see everything just fine but I didn't like the blurry look. I went into Device Manager and the Video Controller showed a yellow exclamation and said it was not up to date. So I got a video controller driver off a website that I can't remember now, I'm almost positive it was the one from Dell's official drivers but one that was compatible with Windows XP (what my computer originally came with, since thats what driver came up when I put in my service tag). After I updated the driver in device manager and restarted my computer and the picture is all distorted in like green, blue, and purples.

I have a Dell Inspiron B130 that I got like 5 years ago. I'm planning to get a new computer anyways, but I wanted to fix this so we can use it as a fully functioning and usable just older, less fancy family computer. I would love any help there is to offer. Thank you!!!

Old 04-23-2011, 04:18 PM
phillipcorcoran Offline

Your dad should first have checked the Dell website to make sure that Dell supports Windows 7 on that model. You've been lucky if all that's missing is the video driver, but Dell is the only place you're likely to find drivers that work.

Unfortunately, I have checked and Dell do not support Windows 7 on the Inspiron B130, which means they have no Windows 7 drivers, and I doubt you'll find a video driver from anywhere else that works properly. You can check here for yourself:
http://support.euro.dell.com/support...&catid=&impid=

As you can see, the only Windows drivers they have are for Windows XP. The only way you'll get the display working properly again is by putting XP back on it & installing the XP video driver.

Last edited by phillipcorcoran : 04-23-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Old 05-30-2011, 03:38 AM
danidavisy Offline

My computer was using Window Visita, I changed that window and i put window 7 ultimate, but the problem is Video controller (compatible) it show there is problem, i tried again to install window xp spk 2, the problem won't solved, then i tried to update the driver but when the computer search that driver form internet i couldn't find it.

What should i do and i don't know my computer's manufacturers? how could i know the manufactures while my computer is clone?

Old 07-11-2011, 02:42 AM
bluescanner Offline

how to fix my vga?

Old 04-18-2014, 01:28 AM
GoLosinda Offline

help to resolve of video controller