SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Windows 7
User Name
Password

windows 7 32 bit update error code (8024402f)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.25 average. Display Modes

Old 05-14-2013, 05:59 AM
kim butler Offline

windows 7 32 bit update error code (8024402f)

i have just updated to windows 7 32 bit from vista, but now my updates will not work the code i keep getting is (8024402f) it states windows could not seach for new updates, I have tried all of the forms on the net and the help sites on microsoft ,I downloaded the fix it file from the microsoft and no joy,I am not sure what I can do next, my computer is a hp dragon hdx9250ea with 2.5 cpu 4 gig ram two western digital 750gb drives with intel rapid storage technology installed I hope you can help me

Last edited by kim butler : 05-14-2013 at 06:10 AM.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Ant Offline

Hi,

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to update assuming your copy of Windows is legitimate, unless there's a conflict with another program you might have running.

Have you installed any programs other than Windows? If so, I would suggest re-installing Windows over again, then installing all your drivers and updating immediately after that, prior to installing any other programs, including any anti-virus programs.
Thanks aren't always necessary, but are always appreciated.
There are only two men I trust with my computer. One's me. The other isn't you.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:44 PM
kim butler Offline

a clean install win 7

thanks for your reply, well i could of dune a clean install to 64bit than upgrading to win 7 32 bit from vista 32, bit but hp stopped selling this model of laptop with with vista before 7 come out,getting the drivers that work with 7 for a clean install is a real pig,as 7 does not have all the drivers for this model so upgrading was the only way,hp do not support this laptop in any way now so no help from them, and yes i switched off the the anti-virus and firewal,there was no other programs installed as they were already on the drive when i upgraded to win 7,so i am at a loss at this stage as microsoft are no help just sites with hints to what is wrong no answer there.

Last edited by kim butler : 05-14-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:40 AM
harry12 Offline

BTW how old is this ex-Vista Laptop that HP sold you with the promise of happy computing?

If it's very old then I can understand there is "no support" - but as products go out of production there is a strong case for support for at least 5-years IMHO...and as most issues are easily resolved by software tweaks (once - then available to download), the HP support is virtually costless.
However, if they "pull the plug" - as MS is doing with XP soon, then you maybe need to ask if you'll buy any of their kit in the future.

It takes a company many years to build-up a good reputation, and a very short while to destroy it. Folks have an "image" of a company that is very difficult to replace.