SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Windows 7
User Name
Password

Win7 Freezes at Startup logo - sometimes

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.17 average. Display Modes

Old 11-03-2013, 11:34 AM
harry12 Offline

Win7 Freezes at Startup logo - sometimes

Odd this - my Win7 (32b) PC normally works fine, but recently it started to freeze at the Stating Windows Logo.... this was fixed by a Repairer and then a few months later exactly the same . . . also repaired but once home it plays up.

This fault is present at the repairers, using different Screen/Keyboard/mouse . . .so I think these peripherals can be ruled out.

Oddly it doesn't always do it.
If I watch the C-drive LED, then when it's very busy it will Boot correctly, but when it dies down to a few micro-bursts, then I'm fairly sure it will freeze (Although strictly it continues to "Throb" the windows coloured-pane. very slightly.).
I have a couple of additional HDD installed and I note that the one that has front-panel LEDs (it's in a Caddy), is always Read=ON - surely it should not be reading continuously? This is happening when the PC is working correctly and that drive is used only for storing video-clips, which I don't use often.

Back to Freezing:
What I don't understand is why?
If there is a fault in the Registry - then the same fault should be read and acted-upon....but this strikes me there is something not quite digital present.

I've had the drives out and moved the connectors, but being SATA, I guess they either work correctly, or Not. The PSU appears to be fine and it isn't underpowered, either.
+Ambient Temp is cool - it's winter here.

Any thoughts ? . . . as the repair man is getting expensive and it's a long "round-trip" - - - - made worse by the very active Parking Wardens...

Last edited by harry12 : 11-03-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:05 PM
qfisheye Offline

I would try running chkdsk. Start, computer,right click drive c, properties, tools , check now, start, choose "schedule disk check". close out everything and restart computer. It will come up and automatically try to repair your drive. when its finished it will restart windows.