SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Windows 7
User Name
Password

Word document showing blank pages

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.67 average. Display Modes

Old 03-19-2014, 09:07 AM
Bob Pickles Offline

Word document showing blank pages

I have a novel nearly complete on Word 2010. When I open it to work on, it is showing blank pages and keeps scrolling to add 1000s more blank pages in the page count. Tried system restore few times. One suggestion was to open it in another 'view' option which does allow me to see the document has not disappeared (for example it is there as a 'webpage' format but I can't get it back to look like a normal Word working doc.
My last save to disc was 2 weeks ago & the difference is a lot of work! Is there any way I can 'restore' a data file to a date a few days ago when it wasn't poorly? I only seem to be able to restore system files. When I got it showing ok in another 'view' mode, I copied it to a disc & installed on my laptop but it just came up again in blank page format with all the faults. Somebody said could be a last paragraph fault but I don't know what they're talking about (I am 64 & a pc duffer!). Any suggestions or will I just have to reinstall my 2 week ago save disc and retype all the missing bits?
Thanks Bob