I get a file hung in the print spool and can't clear the doc by normal methods.
Unfortunately, what you call "normal methods" really does not help us because we don't know your skillsets or experience levels and have no way of knowing what you may consider is "normal".
Specifically, how have you tried to clear the spooler?
Did you reboot?
Did you try Microsoft Fix it
Did you reset the spooler?
Here is the process to manually reset the spooler:
1. Click the "Start" orb and in the search box enter "services.msc" then press the "Enter" key.
2. In the "Services" window, scroll down to and right-click on "Print Spooler" and select "Stop" to halt the Print Spooler service.
3. Double click on "Computer" and navigate with Windows/File Explorer to C:\Windows\System32\spool\ and double-click the "PRINTERS" sub-folder to open it.
4. Delete any files in the "PRINTERS" subfolder, then close that Explorer window.
5. In the "Services" window again, restart the spooler service by right-clicking on Print Spooler and selecting "Start". Close the "Services" window and see if printing works.