I have already tried following the steps in the referenced MS article with no success.
So here is what I did. I Unencrypted the C Drive. I changed the policies as many internet articles suggested. I started the Bitlocker Wizard to encrypt the C Drive. The wizard failed stating policy conflicts. I did this over and over again after changing the startup authentication polices one by one. I have it working now, but the policy changes required are documented nowhere that I can find. There IS a note in the policy change window that say only one of the four policies can be active. I had to disable the other three. Hope this does not cause other problems.
Tom P in Virginia Beach, Va