SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Windows 95/98/ME
User Name
Password

Internet explorer Script Error

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 3.43 average. Display Modes

Old 05-31-2004, 05:51 PM
Play_The_0dds Offline
Risk it all

with all the fixes that is listed above, if none work it comes down to a few options left if you still have problems.
on-line virus scan.
http://www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm
spyware scan.
http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10...ml?legacy=cnet
make sure to updatethe program before you run it.
reinstall internet explorer...check any cd disk you might have, ie is on alot of disk that comes with software and hardware. if not download a copy.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp
may want to try a different web browser.
http://www.mozilla.org/
and if you are on 95,98, or me and have a windows installation disk you could try reinstalling it over it's self as a repair. as long as you dont format you wont lose your files, drivers, or programs.

Old 06-23-2004, 08:09 PM
giulzgiulz Offline

Another IE script error

When I try to turn my scheduled scan on in McAfee I get an IE Script error that says "An error has occurred in the script on this page. The data area passed to a system call is too small." It then gives a URL that points to a McAfee DLL file. If I hit yes or no it doesn't go away. I have already gone to the internet options and checked "disable script debugging" and unchecked "display notification about every script error".
Any suggestions? Appreciate it.

Old 06-29-2004, 06:43 PM
freeness Offline

Same Exact Problem

I have the exact same issue. I have win2k and IE6 and it seems to have started after a recent crital update. I've triple checked the advanced setting and disables Nortons, but I get the same script error notifications on half of the sites I visit.

Please help, this is very annoying.

Andy

Old 01-01-2005, 01:07 PM
ivan Offline

ie6 script error

found this on the net: Hey I don't know if you guys already know the answer to this or not, but incase you don't this WILL fix it.

1. to your RUN window from the start menu, type in "regsvr32 msscript.ocx" and hit enter
2. do the same with dispex.dll, and vbscript.dll
3. open windows explorer, select folder options in the tools drop down.
4. select the file types tab
5. scroll down to the extension type JS, highlight it and hit the advanced button
6. highlight the Open command and hit the edit button. If you have more than one "Open" command showing (which was part of my problem)delete one of them.
7. In the field "application used to perform action" paste in this - C:\WINNT\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %* your done.

Old 01-01-2005, 01:41 PM
s7p9a2m4 Offline
dismembered

That was very thoughtful posting the fix in this old thread. I'm sure it will be very helpful. We see so many unresolved problems and little feedback as to what worked.

Old 01-22-2005, 11:42 AM
goads Offline

Script errors?

You could try getting Mozilla's Firefox: (mainly because java works so nicely with this browser and java scripts are on many,many sites these days)

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Old 01-22-2005, 12:30 PM
prs4u Offline

goads,

I use Opera, but don't go there there unless you want loads of other problems, I like it though - it works the way I want it, so am wary about any upgrades.

Any upgrades to a system can cause problems, I have a friend with with a PC that is over 5yrs old on Win98 and never has problems because he does not update anything - perhaps we're all to update conscious in thinking we might miss out on something!

Old 01-27-2005, 01:53 PM
rpiester Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by goads
You could try getting Mozilla's Firefox: (mainly because java works so nicely with this browser and java scripts are on many,many sites these days)

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

I switched to Firefox but still get the message even when I have nothing running. If I just boot up the computer and let it sit for a few minutes, eventually one of those pops up. I have the latest versions of Spybot and Adaware, so I'm not sure where else to look. Yes, I have checked the debugging script settings in IE as well.

Old 02-13-2005, 12:44 PM
goads Offline

Smile Make IE cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpiester
I switched to Firefox but still get the message even when I have nothing running. If I just boot up the computer and let it sit for a few minutes, eventually one of those pops up. I have the latest versions of Spybot and Adaware, so I'm not sure where else to look. Yes, I have checked the debugging script settings in IE as well.

Try using IEradicator to clean IE then download IE6.0:

http://www.litepc.com/download.html

Old 02-21-2005, 03:34 AM
prott1 Offline

Unhappy Internet Script Error (Need help)

I have a similar problem I need help with. I'm running XP w/serv pack 2. When I boot up is when I receive this error.

Internet Explorer Script Error
Line: 20
Character: 1
Error: object doens't supprot property or method
Code: 0
URL: google.com/webhp?sourceid=ggviewer

please help, i tried the tools, adv. tab, and following what was supposed to be checked off. It was already correct. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESALADUANE
beeboy has already mentioned a fix that I usually recommend, so I'll mention another one that I found works. The new Google toolbar for IE has been mentioned here before, usually because it has a pop-up stopper. But, the Google Toolbar installer also disables that Scripting Error dialog box (A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?).

http://toolbar.google.com/

Old 02-21-2005, 03:38 AM
prott1 Offline

Same problem

Andy, I think you hit on something. Now that I come to think about it. My script error on boot up started after an update as well. Someone help us... Thanks, Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeness
I have the exact same issue. I have win2k and IE6 and it seems to have started after a recent crital update. I've triple checked the advanced setting and disables Nortons, but I get the same script error notifications on half of the sites I visit.

Please help, this is very annoying.

Andy

Old 08-09-2005, 04:03 PM
ShadowHanyou Offline

Here's my script error

line:1
char:1
error: Object expected
code:0
URL:file://C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\Content\sb_error.htm

by the way, I'm not using internet explorer when this happens, I'm using sbc dsl. Thanks for whatever help you can give me.

Last edited by ShadowHanyou : 08-09-2005 at 04:13 PM.

Old 09-07-2005, 11:56 PM
mrconsolino Offline

same problem

I have the exact same problem, I am not even running IE and it gives me this script error. It's getting pretty annoying. I am running SBC DSL.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:19 PM
nromil Offline

Smile script error

Hi guys i Did read about script errors and trying to fing\d a right solution myself however an alternate woould be to go to security Tab in internet explorer tools properties :-> customize security settings and then disable scripting except for java... this would fix it....
or if win 7 or vista run scf/scan now on command prompt.
these errors apepar due to malicious entries in your i.e even i.e repair or reinstall does not work..