SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Windows NT/2000/2003
User Name
Password

It's Official XP Sucks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.25 average. Display Modes

Old 03-17-2005, 12:03 PM
castelluci Offline

It's Official XP Sucks

Beyond the invasive Big Brother BS that MS want to impose on us in XP, I'm finding that the sheer bulk of this OS is bothersome. Bunch of communists!

My machine ran faster under 2000 Pro. Must be because XP needs 128 just to sustain it's girth. What a piece of crap.

Frankly, I haven't found ANYTHING that I used that onny runs on XP.

I spent about a week trying to get XP to 1st, recognized my optical drives, then decide to read my second HD and NOT reformat it. (that's where I keep all my stuff).

The best part is, on another board, I got all sorts of help. One guy had me go into the registry. When you have to go into the Registry & do MS's job, it's time to switch back. Another guy told me, "XP is fine, it's a problem with the programs your loading that messing it up."

What? XP Pro is supposed to be Robust. So that means I can't use Station Ripper?

Any experiences like mine out there. Just wondering. Thanks for listening to me gripe. It was theraputic.

I tell you what would be theraputic, tattooing a big F-Disk on the faces of everyone who worked on XP.

Old 03-22-2005, 04:52 PM
daemonOS Offline

Im not going to go into great detail but let me say some thing on this note. With the execption of a few code changes NT/2k/XP are all the same. They are all NT based and thus are all the same. If it looks different then I guess it is! (As MS would have you think)! The kernel did not change much and to shell just added a few things here and there. You get media player 10 for XP and just a few more updates only allowed for XP.. gotta love the firewall!
I would say disable the windows firewall.. d/l iptables or some thing alike that is free for MS can't protect their own OS!
Any ways B4 I go off about MS
NT based= ALL MS w/ex. of DOS, 3.0,3.1,95,98, and Mistake Ed. (ME)
NT 4.0, 2k, 2k server/advanced/data servers, XP, 2k3 server all are NT based!

Old 03-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Overclocked Doc Offline

Quote:
If it looks different then I guess it is!

LOL! Actually, if you take the time to watch the XP "Intro" (XP Pro anyways..), Microsoft actually elude to the fact that XP is 2000 with some extra "fluff", all day long. When I started using XP Pro (after using 2000 for about 2 years) I was convinced of just that! Then I took the time one day to check out the XP intro and sure enough, they confirmed my suspisions!

Old 03-22-2005, 05:49 PM
daemonOS Offline

Heh... you like that.. LOL
If you use or have used win2k3 you'll notice its like win2k server + XP + the lock down tool is built in .. same o same o

Old 10-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Dude111 Offline

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonOS
With the execption of a few code changes NT/2k/XP are all the same. They are all NT based and thus are all the same.
That must be it then!!

XP is garbage compared to older os's (Win98se in particular (My favourite)) .. Its slower and doesnt do things as good!!

It keeps track of more stuff in the reg that you have to delete if you value your privacy.. It just is not as easy to use.... (And the ones after XP are even more intrusive!)

PEOPLE ALWAYS THINK THE LATEST IS THE BEST.. The latest is usually OVER BLOATED/UGLY SPYING GARBAGE!!