SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Windows Vista
User Name
Password

Undeletable files (wierd circumstances)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 2.35 average. Display Modes

Old 05-26-2012, 05:27 PM
PeaBody Offline

Exclamation Undeletable files (wierd circumstances)

I upgraded from win XP to win Vista but i havent activated it because my copy didnt have one and i have a windows.old file that contains everything from my old OS (ex games pics music ol OS) i cant open them or move or delete them even if i take ownership and to even view it i have to take ownership and it is taking up a lot of my hard drive and i have a Vaio Vgn- a290 and in the system portion of the control panel it says its a Dell id be greatly indebted to whomever helps me

Old 05-29-2012, 04:22 PM
snowmonkey Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaBody
I upgraded from win XP to win Vista but i havent activated it because my copy didnt have one and i have a windows.old file that contains everything from my old OS (ex games pics music ol OS) i cant open them or move or delete them even if i take ownership and to even view it i have to take ownership and it is taking up a lot of my hard drive and i have a Vaio Vgn- a290 and in the system portion of the control panel it says its a Dell id be greatly indebted to whomever helps me

Download "unlocker" from this site: http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/
After install.....you can right click on any file / folder and select "unlocker" for open with......this will allow you to delete any file.

Cheers