SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Windows Vista
User Name
Password

Windows Vista | Blue screen issue.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 64 votes, 2.55 average. Display Modes

Old 04-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Czah Offline

Windows Vista | Blue screen issue.

Right, where do i begin...

Basically the old family computer has recently started getting the BSoD/Freezing and then rebooting itself.

Iv tried multiple methods such as booting in safe mode and scanning for viruses, uninstalling recent/ programmes that arent being used and system recovery. It all ends up ending the same way and is just repeating itself. So i pretty much need some expert advice on this matter.

I am not sure what details you will need to help me troubleshoot the problem. But im currently trying to update the computer assuming the problems are arising from old hardware. i.e Drivers etc

So..

Windows Vista Home premium
Computer Type: ACPI x86-based PC
CPU Type: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo, 2200 MHz
Motherboard Name: Packard Bell GA-T671MG
Etc

The tower is a packard bell imedia j2422? i cant seem to find the updates so i can update the hardware.. Help would be appreciated.

If you need more information just let me know & ill be happy to find out.

Cheers

Old 04-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Czah Offline

Basically im just asking for the right location where i can download the latest drivers for my imedia j2422. And also what is the list of drivers i will need to download? name of drivers & how many? e.g. Sound driver etc?

Old 04-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Czah Offline

Help would be very much appreciated, safe mode doesnt let me listen to music -.-

Old 04-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Czah Offline

3 days, over 100+ people have seen this & nothing? Great, what a waste of time this was..

Old 04-27-2013, 04:39 AM
Ant Offline

Hi,

The BSOD reports an error number but you don't say what it is.

Generally, in my experience, they tend to be caused by hardware issues, particularly with RAM.

Open your case and check it for loose connections (remove plugs etc and firmly reseat them), and give it all a good blow out with clean air (I use a small compressor and air duster attachment once every few months and a soft brush), and pay particular attention to your RAM. Remove your RAM and clean the connector strip, blow out the RAM sockets on the mainboard and replace them - one by one if you have several, and reboot each time. Run MemTest if you can get your com running.

You might find some assistance with your particular BSOD error number HERE.

Mate we're not all just sitting here waiting for a problem to be posted to swing into action. Mostly I can only check in at weekends, so work on the patience.

Cheers.
Thanks aren't always necessary, but are always appreciated.
There are only two men I trust with my computer. One's me. The other isn't you.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:01 AM
Czah Offline

First of, Thanks for your time.
It wasnt so much as lacking patience, it was just that people was viewing this & moving on. Even if they didnt know a solution they may have known what kind of information i needed for me to find out for someone that does.

Enough of that; my STOP code is: 0x00000124

Do you reckon loose connection could be the cause? Dont happen to know any videos/guides showing taking apart a packard bell j2422?

Cheers

Old 04-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Ant Offline

Hi,

Being a desktop, it'll be quite generic i.e if you open the case there'll be a power supply, hard and DVD drive all connected to a mainboard on which there'll be 1 or more strips of RAM, and possibly a video card if it's not built in.

Just methodically go through it all, removing the various plugs and cables, RAM strips and etc (one by one) and replacing them. Clean out all the dust which might have accumulated and retry it. Don't give up on your RAM - if that is the issue it might take several attempts to get them seated properly. Just try one at first if necessary and then another or in another slot, rebooting each time. If you get it running with one, try adding another and rebooting.

Basically, whenever I've come across BSOD errors, the fault has almost exclusively been with RAM. Usually removal, cleaning and reseating, possibly in another slot, has solved the problem.

There is some more specific help with your error code HERE.

Try it and see how you get on.
Thanks aren't always necessary, but are always appreciated.
There are only two men I trust with my computer. One's me. The other isn't you.