SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Windows XP
User Name
Password

Windows XP running extremely slow?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.83 average. Display Modes

Old 05-21-2004, 03:03 PM
coderinneed Offline

Question Windows XP running extremely slow?

Hey guys, I've got a strange problem. My computer about 4 days ago just suddenly began running incredibly slow. It boots up slow as all get out, loading the programs from system tray is incredibly slow. When I open programs(internet explorer, for example) it takes literally about 10-12 seconds to even begin opening, then it freezes constantly. This applies to every program I open. Just all around very slow operating. I've ran the HouseCall Free Online Virus Scanner and it found some WORM virii, but I cleaned and deleted those files. I thought that might be the problem, but the problem persists even after successful clean virus scans. I defragged the drive and that didnt help. I also used disk clean and that hasn't helped either. Advise appreciated! Thanks in advice guys.

Windows XP Home Edition
120 Gig HardDrive

Old 05-21-2004, 03:25 PM
scouse Offline

when you computer is loaded and you are on the desktop then hold control/alt/delete together and see what is running that is eating resouces up..
4 days ago did you install any new software? or make any changes you may remember.

Have you give the registery a good clean?

Downlaod reg supreme, it is free for 30 days and cleans better than any other cleaner. run it in deep mode. clean all it finds. Once it has run and shows you what it has found, lok at the top click select then click all, this will highlight then all then at the bottom click FIX. You will get a box pop up this is for the backup of what it deletes incase you need to repair what it has done. I ahve never had a problem with it and i have used it since it came out.

http://www.macecraft.com/downloads/ reg supreme 1.1

Old 05-21-2004, 04:42 PM
coderinneed Offline

Thanks alot, your advice fixed the problem! That registry program is incredible!
120 Gig HardDrive

Old 05-21-2004, 06:50 PM
scouse Offline

Glad it helped..Yep Reg supreme is the buisness. there is free reg cleaners out there but i would rather pay the $12 and have that one than any other. It is great to keep.

Remember it will not work after 30 days. I would advise you to pay the $12.
A little tip after 30 days and you want to run it you can set you date back on the computer to a date when you were in the 30 day trial. It will work every time, but after running it always set your date back to the orrigonal date.

This tip is just an emergency tip please pay for the programme as soon as you can after the 30 days..,
take care..

Old 04-06-2005, 12:44 AM
Sambil Offline

Xp running slowwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderinneed
Thanks alot, your advice fixed the problem! That registry program is incredible!

Hi:
I had the same problem and this solution worked for me to. I am buying that software, it is awesome!!!.

thanks a lot

Old 10-05-2006, 11:35 AM
troopcarrier Offline

Hello . . .I am new here thank you Google . . .Is this thread being monitored? I notice that it is rather old. Any way, I have run Norton, McAfee,and Housecall online scans installed and run AVG Spybot S&D, and AdAware and thanks to this thread RegSupreme . . .I then ran SFC in the cmd. window . . .still slower than molasses in January in Alaska . . .What do I try now?? . . .thanks jim

Last edited by troopcarrier : 10-05-2006 at 12:14 PM.

Old 10-07-2006, 06:43 PM
troopcarrier Offline

Still need your suggestions.

I posted a couple of days ago to this thread. Is it dead? Is anybody reading it?? It seems strange to have no response at all.

Thanks Jim

Old 06-08-2008, 02:10 AM
Jebril Offline

Thank You So Much!!

I love the guy who posted the link for RegSupreme Pro my computer WAS DEATH, and I thought it was gonna break anytime soon and was gonna pay to send it to Geek Squad but I used it and instantly it was working better!! ;D You = ROOLZ.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Brian Fargher Offline

I have just read this thread and downloaded RegSupremePro too. It is wonderful. With every other registry fixer I ever tried there was always something which didn't work afterwards. This product is the best Ive ever tried and thanks to scouse for recommending it!!

Brian

Old 11-14-2009, 06:37 PM
kunj8888 Offline

Registry cleaner not running

Hello,

I read this post and downloaded registry cleaner from the website listed below just yesterday only. However, when I tried to run it today, it's saying 30 days trial is over now, what to do?

http://www.macecraft.com/downloads/ reg supreme 1.1

Thanks.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:57 PM
J0K3R Offline

try the free Wise Regsitry Cleaner found at www.majorgeeks.com
when installing it though uncheck the box to download and install the Wise Disk Defragmenter

We should never throw stones at windows, instead throw them at bill gates

Old 01-14-2010, 08:40 PM
davedarkstar2 Offline

err,jut get ccleaner,dose all that for free,believe me,it dose.get it here folks.
http://www.ccleaner.com/
just learn how to use it.been using it for years.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:09 AM
Hosan Offline

I had the same problem.

Thnxs guys.for ur suggestion.
My pc was very slow before. When i run Reg supreme(reg cleaner). It is working fine. Faster than before.
Thnx u for ur help.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Hosan Offline

Limited connectivity

I have pc with Windows vista home P. When i try to connect to a LAN. I have no access to internet. It is saying "limited connectivity". can any one help me to fix the problem. I use the LAN cable well to another PC. So I don't think I have problem with the network.

Thnxs for ur help.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:11 AM
PC_MAN Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosan
I have pc with Windows vista home P. When i try to connect to a LAN. I have no access to internet. It is saying "limited connectivity". can any one help me to fix the problem. I use the LAN cable well to another PC. So I don't think I have problem with the network.

Thnxs for ur help.
you must just buy set your internet speed from 100mbps full duplex to 10mbps full duplex