SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Windows XP
User Name
Password

Found new hardware wizard keeps appearing

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes

Old 05-28-2005, 08:28 AM
pacific04 Offline

Found new hardware wizard keeps appearing

Ever since I re-installed my XP OS (Service pack 1a), each time I boot up, the "Found new hardware wizard" appears and it says that a new printer has been found and asks to install it. However, the printer has already been installed.

I found a thread by someone with a similare problem (dated last year), but there was no solution posted. Can anyone help to resolve this problem? Thanks.

Old 05-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Miz Offline

The easiest thing to try first is to uninstall the Printer, reboot and let XP install it to its satisfaction.

Old 05-29-2005, 11:58 PM
pacific04 Offline

I've tried that already, but it doesn't work ... the problem is still there, and the Found new hardware balloon keeps popping up.

Microsoft offered a solution at: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;298370

Tried to follow the instructions, but found that I could not delete the registry key.

Appreciate any advice.

Old 06-01-2005, 11:03 PM
pacific04 Offline

Mananged to delete the registry key that microsoft instructed, but the problem is still not resolved.

Can anyone offer a solution? I have living with this problem for several months ... would really like to get rid of this problem.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:45 PM
bigsk8er7786 Offline

Lightbulb

the only thing that i can say is uninstall the software and reboot your computer and run the found new hardware wizard and reinstall your software. Give it a try. L8ER!

Old 06-02-2005, 10:32 PM
pacific04 Offline

Thanks for your suggestion, but I've tried that already and it doesn't work.

Still looking forward to the solution.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:00 AM
HateMyPC Offline

found new hardware redundancy

Kill the found new hardware wizard by running services.msc and then turn
off Shell hardware detection

Old 03-20-2009, 11:45 AM
BasicITSupport Offline

Problem not solved yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HateMyPC
Kill the found new hardware wizard by running services.msc and then turn
off Shell hardware detection
This didn't work for me - Im still looking for a solution.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:40 PM
binnyjose Offline

Try this...

Switch the peripheral to your USB port. then go to device manager --> right click on the yellow / exclamation mark icon --> update Driver.

Select the (Advanced) Install from a list or specific location and click on Next

Select the check box with text "Include this location in the search" and specify the following location in Text box,

C:\Windows\INF
Click Next. It will update the driver and start identifying the device. Please let me know if it works for you.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Silver wings Offline

Hi,
This drove me nuts for a week. I built a new computer with XP 64 bit and reinstalled the drivers for the printer through HP, then I kept getting that pop up. Tried everything including special procedures from the HP forum. Nothing worked. I finally said "What the heck I'll allow this popup and fix it later if my computer blows". Guess what, when I clicked on install the printer software a message said that it couldn't install it since I should have had the 64 bit driver installed and a check mark was next to "Do Not Show Me this screen again", I have never seen it since LOL

Silver wings

Old 06-22-2009, 04:07 PM
SHS Offline

Have been dealing with this problem for a few days now. Tried just about everything I could think of first then put a question to Google and found a lot of answers on a lot of different sites and gave them a try, but none worked. With just a pinch of hope left while looking at yet another forum I found another remedy to try, and it worked, so I shall share what helped me out, hoping it can help someone else.
GO INTO DEVICE MANAGER
GO TO VIEW
SELECT SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES
CLICK THE PLUS SIGN NEXT TO PRINTERS....
IS THEIR AN EXCLAMATION POINT ? if so select properties check and see what it says
TRY SELECTING DISABLE from the properties of it OR SELECT UNINSTALL SEE IF THE PRINTER STILL WORKS

Good luck!

Old 11-11-2009, 10:13 AM
bjames Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS
Have been dealing with this problem for a few days now. Tried just about everything I could think of first then put a question to Google and found a lot of answers on a lot of different sites and gave them a try, but none worked. With just a pinch of hope left while looking at yet another forum I found another remedy to try, and it worked, so I shall share what helped me out, hoping it can help someone else.
GO INTO DEVICE MANAGER
GO TO VIEW
IS THEIR AN EXCLAMATION POINT ? if so select properties check and see what it says
TRY SELECTING DISABLE from the properties of it OR SELECT UNINSTALL SEE IF THE PRINTER STILL WORKS

Good luck!

I've been wrestling with this problem for a while now but the solution provided above worked for me.

Thanks

Old 11-12-2009, 05:13 PM
qfisheye Offline

printer prob

Hi , Do you have the driver program for the HP printer? If not , go to hp web site and download the large file. Connect the printer With printer power off. Start up the printer program and let it move along, When the system asks you to connect the printer, power on the printer and let the system complete the install. This is the proper way to install a printer.Good luck Qfisheye

Old 02-07-2010, 05:14 PM
daniel92 Offline

Thank youu :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames
I've been wrestling with this problem for a while now but the solution provided above worked for me.

Thanks

I'm a trainee and am placed at a school with no support or any extended knowledge than i already knew and I've been dealing with this issue on the new image i have to use throughout the school .. but its sorted.. thank you soo muchh

Old 03-03-2010, 06:07 PM
joch666 Offline

A combination of:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS
GO INTO DEVICE MANAGER
GO TO VIEW

and
Quote:
Originally Posted by qfisheye
Hi , Do you have the driver program for the HP printer? If not , go to hp web site and download the large file. Connect the printer With printer power off. Start up the printer program and let it move along, When the system asks you to connect the printer, power on the printer and let the system complete the install. This is the proper way to install a printer.Good luck Qfisheye
worked for me, with the addition that if you're installing a wireless printer, you have to turn it on (obviously) at the stage when the software is trying to detect it. It may not ask you to do so directly (my HP install software did not).

Thanking you all.