SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Windows XP
User Name
Password


Missing drivers. Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 249 votes, 3.76 average. Display Modes

  #16  
Old 11-12-2006, 08:59 AM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by B RoCkS1010
Once again, can someone please tell me how to get the information I need so that someone can help me?

Get Belarc http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

copy and paste the report ( not the software licence section ) you need the Chipset driver

Hope this helps
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 11-12-2006, 09:30 AM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face.Head
I just purchased a new motherboard and processor. I have everything set up, and everything works except I needed to install my new video card driver.
Whenever I insert the disc, a notifcation comes up saying it's not one of their products. So now everything on my screen is giant, and I cannot run games which require the card. Whenever I boot it says it's found the VGA Controller, but it can't find the driver for it when it automatically tries. I tried running the driver from disc, and then I tried going to the site for updates - None of those options have worked. So now in my device manager it just gives the the yellow exclamation mark next to the VGA controller.

Motherboard - ABIT Fatal1ty AN9 32X
Processor - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+
Video Card - Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE

Is the video card in the PCIEXP1, PCI EX Master slot on the board, try reseating again, then use Device manager to try installing.

Insert nVidia disc in cd drive and close, go to Device Manager / right click the problem highlighted / right click / select install, Hardware Wizard launches, it should find the driver on the disc and install

Hope this helps
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 11-16-2006, 04:33 PM
LINKpczdvdzcutz Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4
i have this same prob.....plz help!! thx






Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) IBM 8315KHU
System Serial Number: KCP5VLF
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.00 gigahertz Intel Celeron
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: IBM IBM
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: IBM 24KT55AUS 05/10/2005
Drives Memory Modules c,d
57.66 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
48.83 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4320B [CD-ROM drive]

IC35L060AVV207-0 [Hard drive] (60.08 GB) -- drive 0, s/n VNVB30G2GPJ46T, rev V22OA66A, SMART Status: Healthy 254 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'J6J1' has 256 MB
Slot 'J6J2' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 57.66 GB 48.83 GB free

Network Drives
None detected
Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers
local user accounts last logon
Administrator 11/16/2006 6:51:31 AM (admin)
Tesha 11/16/2006 3:09:42 PM (admin)
local system accounts
ASPNET never
Guest never
HelpAssistant never
SUPPORT_388945a0 never


Marks a disabled account; Marks a locked account Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Driver on Microsoft Document Imaging Writer Port:

Controllers Display
Intel(R) 82801DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - 24CB
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] None detected
Bus Adapters Multimedia
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7 SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Communications Other Devices

Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
primary Auto IP Address: 192.168.1.103 / 24
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Dhcp Server: 192.168.1.1
Physical Address: 00:09:6B:03:0B:6D

Networking Dns Servers: 64.233.207.2
64.233.207.16
HID-compliant consumer control device
HID-compliant device
USB Human Interface Device (2x)
HID Keyboard Device
HID-compliant mouse
USB Composite Device
USB Root Hub (4x
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 11-16-2006, 07:15 PM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINKpczdvdzcutz
i have this same prob.....plz help!! thx






Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) IBM 8315KHU
System Serial Number: KCP5VLF
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.00 gigahertz Intel Celeron
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: IBM IBM
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: IBM 24KT55AUS 05/10/2005
Drives Memory Modules c,d
57.66 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
48.83 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4320B [CD-ROM drive]

IC35L060AVV207-0 [Hard drive] (60.08 GB) -- drive 0, s/n VNVB30G2GPJ46T, rev V22OA66A, SMART Status: Healthy 254 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'J6J1' has 256 MB
Slot 'J6J2' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 57.66 GB 48.83 GB free

Network Drives
None detected
Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers
local user accounts last logon
Administrator 11/16/2006 6:51:31 AM (admin)
Tesha 11/16/2006 3:09:42 PM (admin)
local system accounts
ASPNET never
Guest never
HelpAssistant never
SUPPORT_388945a0 never


Marks a disabled account; Marks a locked account Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Driver on Microsoft Document Imaging Writer Port:

Controllers Display
Intel(R) 82801DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - 24CB
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] None detected
Bus Adapters Multimedia
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7 SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Communications Other Devices

Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
primary Auto IP Address: 192.168.1.103 / 24
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Dhcp Server: 192.168.1.1
Physical Address: 00:09:6B:03:0B:6D

Networking Dns Servers: 64.233.207.2
64.233.207.16
HID-compliant consumer control device
HID-compliant device
USB Human Interface Device (2x)
HID Keyboard Device
HID-compliant mouse
USB Composite Device
USB Root Hub (4x

This is the link to your IBM 8315-KHU comp, it has Intel Extreme Graphics
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...&validate=true

your driver is first in the list

Set a System Restore Point before installing just in case


Hope this helps
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 11-20-2006, 02:44 PM
LINKpczdvdzcutz Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4
thank you very much
Reply With Quote

  #21  
Old 11-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Joomba08 Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7
Hey, I have a similar problem with my video controller [vga compatible] thing. It prompts me to download the required software for video controller [vga compatbile] but says it can't find it when it goes to download it. I'm not very computer savy and have been trying to find a place to download it on the microsoft website but it doesn't give me anywhere to download the driver just brings me to a page where i download the automatic windows updates but it doesnt show anything about the video controller. If you can help that be great, and try to dumb it down for me a bit I won't understand a lot of your help if its in computer terms =P


Operating System
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 (build 2600

System Model
HP Pavilion 061 PC199A-ABA a656x 0nB1211RE101KELUT00
System Serial Number: MXM42607PV NA430
Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor
2.10 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Main Circuit Board
Board: ASUSTek Computer INC. Kelut 2.02
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.03 02/09/2004

Drives
160.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
135.27 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

_NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD [CD-ROM drive]
ASUS CD-S480/AH [CD-ROM drive]
CU5168C EWA654M SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]

Generic USB CF Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 2
Generic USB MS Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 4
Generic USB SD Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1
Generic USB SM Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 3
ST3160021A [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 3LJ0LSGV, rev 3.08, SMART Status: Healthy


Memory Modules
512 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 512 MB
Slot 'A1' is Empty

Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 154.88 GB 134.50 GB free
d: (FAT32 on drive 0) 5.14 GB 772 MB free

Last edited by Joomba08 : 11-20-2006 at 08:25 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 11-21-2006, 06:15 PM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joomba08
Hey, I have a similar problem with my video controller [vga compatible] thing. It prompts me to download the required software for video controller [vga compatbile] but says it can't find it when it goes to download it. I'm not very computer savy and have been trying to find a place to download it on the microsoft website but it doesn't give me anywhere to download the driver just brings me to a page where i download the automatic windows updates but it doesnt show anything about the video controller. If you can help that be great, and try to dumb it down for me a bit I won't understand a lot of your help if its in computer terms =P


Operating System
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 (build 2600

System Model
HP Pavilion 061 PC199A-ABA a656x 0nB1211RE101KELUT00
System Serial Number: MXM42607PV NA430
Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor
2.10 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Main Circuit Board
Board: ASUSTek Computer INC. Kelut 2.02
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.03 02/09/2004

Drives
160.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
135.27 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

_NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD [CD-ROM drive]
ASUS CD-S480/AH [CD-ROM drive]
CU5168C EWA654M SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]

Generic USB CF Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 2
Generic USB MS Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 4
Generic USB SD Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1
Generic USB SM Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 3
ST3160021A [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 3LJ0LSGV, rev 3.08, SMART Status: Healthy


Memory Modules
512 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 512 MB
Slot 'A1' is Empty

Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 154.88 GB 134.50 GB free
d: (FAT32 on drive 0) 5.14 GB 772 MB free

This is the link to the Original Graphic driver for your HP comp, all instructions to install are shown, print off for reference
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...=426795&dlc=en

Set a System Restore Point before installing just in case

Hope this helps
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 11-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Shanky Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1
Im Having this same exact problem. I've tried many times to update the driver using the disc but everytime I try to do so it tells me to try installing a Standard VGA driver before attempting to install the other driver.

Im using a Toshiba Sattelite A105 - S2051
Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2
1.7ghz Intel Celron M Processor
1gb RAM
ATI Raedon Xpress 200m Series Graphics Card

If you need anymore information than that I can get it for you, but please help me find a solution to this annoying dilemma!
Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 11-22-2006, 08:49 PM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanky
Im Having this same exact problem. I've tried many times to update the driver using the disc but everytime I try to do so it tells me to try installing a Standard VGA driver before attempting to install the other driver.

Im using a Toshiba Sattelite A105 - S2051
Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2
1.7ghz Intel Celron M Processor
1gb RAM
ATI Raedon Xpress 200m Series Graphics Card

If you need anymore information than that I can get it for you, but please help me find a solution to this annoying dilemma!

Set a System Restore Point before installing just in case

Then go here to Toshiba http://askiris.toshiba.com/ToshibaSu...00%20 9155550

this is the Display and Chipset driver that has the Video driver as well. It's not for your exact model but it does have the same specs as your model it's for an A105

Hope this helps

Hope this helps
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 11-23-2006, 03:08 PM
chrives16 Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1
Problem with driver

Need the right driver for my computer.




Operating System System Model
Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Gateway 2000 GT5014H
System Serial Number: CCT59 410 00220
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium D
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Intel Corporation D945GCZ AAC99321-500
Serial Number: AZCZ53501831
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. NT94510J.15A.0045.2005.0802.2004 08/02/2005
Drives Memory Modules c,d
250.04 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
234.51 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B [CD-ROM drive]
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B [CD-ROM drive]

Generic USB CF Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 2
Generic USB MS Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 4
Generic USB SD Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1
Generic USB SM Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 3
WDC WD2500JS-22MHB0 [Hard drive] (250.06 GB) -- drive 0 1014 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'J6H1' has 512 MB (serial number 0x00006157)
Slot 'J6H2' is Empty
Slot 'J6J1' has 512 MB (serial number 0x00002166)
Slot 'J6J2' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 245.42 GB 233.46 GB free
d: (FAT32 on drive 0) 4.62 GB 1.05 GB free

Network Drives
None detected
Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers
local user accounts last logon
Administrator 16/11/2006 5:48:39 PM (admin)
Owner 22/11/2006 7:19:07 PM (admin)
local system accounts
ASPNET never
Guest never
HelpAssistant never
SUPPORT_388945a0 never


Marks a disabled account; Marks a locked account Amyuni Document Converter 2.10 on LPT1:
HP PSC 1500 series on USB001

Controllers Display
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF
Intel(R) 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0
Primary IDE Channel [Controller] (2x)
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] None detected
Bus Adapters Multimedia
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC ATI Unified AVStream Driver
Logitech Microphone (Messenger)
SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
Communications Other Devices
SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

Last edited by chrives16 : 11-23-2006 at 03:10 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 11-23-2006, 06:46 PM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrives16
Need the right driver for my computer.




Operating System System Model
Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Gateway 2000 GT5014H
System Serial Number: CCT59 410 00220
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium D
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Intel Corporation D945GCZ AAC99321-500
Serial Number: AZCZ53501831
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. NT94510J.15A.0045.2005.0802.2004 08/02/2005
Drives Memory Modules c,d
250.04 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
234.51 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B [CD-ROM drive]
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B [CD-ROM drive]

Generic USB CF Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 2
Generic USB MS Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 4
Generic USB SD Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1
Generic USB SM Reader USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 3
WDC WD2500JS-22MHB0 [Hard drive] (250.06 GB) -- drive 0 1014 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'J6H1' has 512 MB (serial number 0x00006157)
Slot 'J6H2' is Empty
Slot 'J6J1' has 512 MB (serial number 0x00002166)
Slot 'J6J2' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 245.42 GB 233.46 GB free
d: (FAT32 on drive 0) 4.62 GB 1.05 GB free

Network Drives
None detected
Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers
local user accounts last logon
Administrator 16/11/2006 5:48:39 PM (admin)
Owner 22/11/2006 7:19:07 PM (admin)
local system accounts
ASPNET never
Guest never
HelpAssistant never
SUPPORT_388945a0 never


Marks a disabled account; Marks a locked account Amyuni Document Converter 2.10 on LPT1:
HP PSC 1500 series on USB001

Controllers Display
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF
Intel(R) 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0
Primary IDE Channel [Controller] (2x)
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] None detected
Bus Adapters Multimedia
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC ATI Unified AVStream Driver
Logitech Microphone (Messenger)
SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
Communications Other Devices
SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

Heres the link to your Gateway drivers http://support.gateway.com/support/d...s=Windows%20XP

Set a System Restore Point before installing just in case

Hope this helps
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 11-24-2006, 12:43 AM
einn Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
same problem

hello..i'm having the same problem. please help me! thanks!

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Enclosure Type: Desktop
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Foxconn P4M800P7MA
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 10/19/2005
Drives Memory Modules c,d
80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
50.40 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8527B [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

WDC WD800BB-00JHC0 [Hard drive] (80.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WMAM9K360455, rev 05.01C05, SMART Status: Healthy 448 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' is Empty
Slot 'A1' has 512 MB
Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 11-24-2006, 06:36 PM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by einn
hello..i'm having the same problem. please help me! thanks!

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Enclosure Type: Desktop
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Foxconn P4M800P7MA
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 10/19/2005
Drives Memory Modules c,d
80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
50.40 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8527B [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

WDC WD800BB-00JHC0 [Hard drive] (80.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WMAM9K360455, rev 05.01C05, SMART Status: Healthy 448 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' is Empty
Slot 'A1' has 512 MB

This is the link to the motherboard, an onboard video driver is available, but if you plug your monitor in at the bottom of the tower that dhows a graphic card installed and this driver will not work http://www.foxconnchannel.com/EN-US/...D=en-gb0000003

Set a System Restore Point before installing just in case

Hope this helps
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 12-01-2006, 03:48 AM
N8IVIin0rity Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1
yellow question marks!

im having the same problem with finding/installing drivers for the yellow question mark next to Video Controller (VGA Compatible).
if it helps...i plug my monitor into the bottom...and have an tv-out that right now...shows my extended desktop...in black and white..and it flickers. help!

here are the specs.

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600) HP Pavilion 06 DA191A-ABA 514n 05+1201RE101GLEND
System Serial Number: MX311B1408 NA920
Enclosure Type: Other
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.20 gigahertz Intel Celeron
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Intel Corporation NBGV - Northwood/Brookdale-G Validation Board
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies 3.21 07/16/2003
Drives Memory Modules c,d
60.05 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
18.95 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R1312 [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

SAMSUNG SV0602H [Hard drive] (60.06 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 0526J1EW210964, rev RH100-09, SMART Status: Healthy 248 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'J5G3' has 256 MB
Slot 'J5G2' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes


c: (NTFS on drive 0) 60.05 GB 18.95 GB free

Controllers Display
Standard floppy disk controller
Intel(R) 82801DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - 24CB
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] RADEON 7000 SERIES [Display adapter]
ACR Acer AL1703 [Monitor] (17.1"vis, s/n ETL3409004, March 2005)
Default Monitor
Bus Adapters Multimedia
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7 Realtek AC'97 Audio
Reply With Quote

  #30  
Old 12-01-2006, 04:16 PM
GODOGANOTHERONE Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2
My Solution Is

I came across this problem many times, the only way to resolve it is to force them to load.
Sounds crazy I know but it works,when it comes up with found new hardware and you don't have the driver for it put in different versions of the windows you are using for it to search.
I also let it search disks that are embedded, it takes a bit of time but it goes just let it keep searching the different disks.
I never throw away old operating systems as they often boot up when others won't.
Just forced a msi km2m combo ms- 6738.
No audio device.
Just kept hardware update wizard going for 20 mins just kept changing to different disks and lo up came audio driver realtek ac 97 audio.
It also works on vga drivers as well.
I HOPE THIS HELPS.JUST TRY IT.
Just try any disk which might have it on you'll be suprised!!!
NO YELLOW ? MARKS ON THE COMPUTERS I REPAIR.
USB CONTROLLERS ARE DONE BY SP2 UPDATE.
I WOULD SAY TO ALL HAVE A GO YOU MAY HAVE TO KEEP RELOADING ETC BUT FAILURE IS THE SCHOOL OF LEARNING.
USE 2 COMPUTERS ONE THATS SERIOUS AND ONE TO TEST WITH.

Last edited by The Tool : 12-01-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with video controller drivers... smahamkl Windows XP 25 02-24-2012 07:02 PM
AC97 driver for xp needed! GoBigNick Drivers 193 11-30-2011 05:46 AM
Multimedia Video Controller houdinitattoo Drivers 18 10-30-2011 05:26 AM
I Need Help With Missing Drivers Please!!! jsin510 Windows 95/98/ME 1 03-14-2005 02:10 PM
Missing drivers nunforever Windows 95/98/ME 3 10-02-2003 08:59 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.3.2 © 2005, Crawlability, Inc.