SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Windows XP
User Name
Password


Missing drivers. Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 247 votes, 3.77 average. Display Modes

  #46  
Old 12-20-2006, 03:26 PM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye001
I have a Gateway NX860XL with an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800, and I recently went to the NVIDIA website just to download new drivers...and I unistalled my Nvidia driver from the Add/Remove section. When the system rebooted, I had a Yellow ? saying Video Controller (VGA Compatible) drive, but when I try and install the driver from the NVIDIA website, it says I dont have the hardware err what not for the driver? Im not sure what to do here, can anyone please help me. I have Windows XP Media Center Edition SP2...Thanks

Try the drivers offered by Gateway http://support.gateway.com/support/d...&param=1008647

Hope this helps
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #47  
Old 12-22-2006, 10:17 PM
anaheim73 Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1
I recently upgraded my motherboard and processor and everything went rather smoothly until trying to find the driver for the video controller. I've tried from the hp9500 monitor cd and from HP's website with downloaded files sp31619, sp32484, and sp24736. None of them want to load. Maybe someone could help?

Here's my specs.

Operating System System Model
Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2195) No details available
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P4V8X-MX Rev 2.00
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 080012 12/06/2005
Drives Memory Modules c,d
40.82 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
33.83 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

BENQ DVD LS DW1655 [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

SAMSUNG SV4084H [Hard drive] (40.82 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 0274J1FR153596, rev PM100-12, SMART Status: Healthy 1216 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot '0' has 1024 MB
Slot '1' has 256 MB
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 40.82 GB 33.83 GB free

Network Drives
None detected
Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers
local user accounts last logon
fenton 12/22/2006 3:35:29 PM (admin)
local system accounts
Administrator never (admin)
Guest never


Marks a disabled account; Marks a locked account Amyuni Document Converter 2.10 on LPT1:

Controllers Display
Standard floppy disk controller
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller]
VIA Bus Master IDE Controller None detected
Bus Adapters Multimedia
VIA SATA RAID Controller
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
VIA USB Universal Host Controller (4x) C-Media AC97 Audio Device
Reply With Quote

  #48  
Old 12-23-2006, 09:04 PM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaheim73
I recently upgraded my motherboard and processor and everything went rather smoothly until trying to find the driver for the video controller. I've tried from the hp9500 monitor cd and from HP's website with downloaded files sp31619, sp32484, and sp24736. None of them want to load. Maybe someone could help?

Here's my specs.

Operating System System Model
Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2195) No details available
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P4V8X-MX Rev 2.00
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 080012 12/06/2005
Drives Memory Modules c,d
40.82 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
33.83 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

BENQ DVD LS DW1655 [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

SAMSUNG SV4084H [Hard drive] (40.82 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 0274J1FR153596, rev PM100-12, SMART Status: Healthy 1216 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot '0' has 1024 MB
Slot '1' has 256 MB
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 40.82 GB 33.83 GB free

Network Drives
None detected
Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers
local user accounts last logon
fenton 12/22/2006 3:35:29 PM (admin)
local system accounts
Administrator never (admin)
Guest never


Marks a disabled account; Marks a locked account Amyuni Document Converter 2.10 on LPT1:

Controllers Display
Standard floppy disk controller
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller]
VIA Bus Master IDE Controller None detected
Bus Adapters Multimedia
VIA SATA RAID Controller
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
VIA USB Universal Host Controller (4x) C-Media AC97 Audio Device

Video is incorporated in your Graphics card or onboard Graphics, have you installed a graphics card on this motherboard, does your monitor plug in low down on the back of your computer, or is it near the top on the I/O plate.

With a new motherboard you get the driver disc, is Device Manager showing any problems. yellow ! or ? marks anywhere.

Cheers
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #49  
Old 12-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Alex Garcia Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1
I need help in the same thing,
I was un-installing something and accidentally, uninstalled my video controller.

My computer restarted and everything looked so much bigger, meaning the font, etc.

Then, a New Hardware popup came up to install a video controller, I just dont have a disk to intall it.

PLEASE HELP!
Email me at Alex504@tmail.com

this is my computer details:

CPU: Mobile AMD Athlon™ 64 3200+ Processor
(, , )
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
Display: 15.4" Widescreen TFT LCD WXGA (1280 × 800 max. resolution)
Memory: 512MB DDR SODIMM (PC 2700)
Hard Drive: 60GB HDD
Optical Drive: CDRW/DVD Combo Drive (24 × 24x24 CD-RW; 8x max. DVD-ROM)
Media Reader: 6-in-1 digital media manager (Compact Flash, Micro Drive, MultiMedia Card, Secure Digital™ (SD), Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro®)
Video: ATI® Mobility RADEON™ 9600 with 64MB Video RAM
Sound: PC2001 Compliant AC '97 Audio
Built-in Stereo Speakers
Network: 802.11g Built-in Wireless (up to 54Mbps)
10/100MBps built-in Ethernet
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 Fax/Modem
Pointing Device: Touchpad with Vertical Scroll Zone
Ports/Other: 4 USB 2.0 ports, 1 IEEE 1394, 1 VGA External Connector, 1 S-Video Out, Microphone In, Headphone/Audio Out, 1 PCMCIA Slot (Card Bus type I or type II)
Dimensions: 1.6"H x 14.0"W x 10.4"D
Weight: 7.5lbs. (8.65 total travel weight)
Battery: 8-cell Lithium-ion (Li-ion)
Reply With Quote

  #50  
Old 12-27-2006, 06:32 PM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Garcia
I need help in the same thing,
I was un-installing something and accidentally, uninstalled my video controller.

My computer restarted and everything looked so much bigger, meaning the font, etc.

Then, a New Hardware popup came up to install a video controller, I just dont have a disk to intall it.

PLEASE HELP!
Email me at Alex504@tmail.com

this is my computer details:

CPU: Mobile AMD Athlon™ 64 3200+ Processor
(, , )
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
Display: 15.4" Widescreen TFT LCD WXGA (1280 × 800 max. resolution)
Memory: 512MB DDR SODIMM (PC 2700)
Hard Drive: 60GB HDD
Optical Drive: CDRW/DVD Combo Drive (24 × 24x24 CD-RW; 8x max. DVD-ROM)
Media Reader: 6-in-1 digital media manager (Compact Flash, Micro Drive, MultiMedia Card, Secure Digital™ (SD), Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro®)
Video: ATI® Mobility RADEON™ 9600 with 64MB Video RAM
Sound: PC2001 Compliant AC '97 Audio
Built-in Stereo Speakers
Network: 802.11g Built-in Wireless (up to 54Mbps)
10/100MBps built-in Ethernet
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 Fax/Modem
Pointing Device: Touchpad with Vertical Scroll Zone
Ports/Other: 4 USB 2.0 ports, 1 IEEE 1394, 1 VGA External Connector, 1 S-Video Out, Microphone In, Headphone/Audio Out, 1 PCMCIA Slot (Card Bus type I or type II)
Dimensions: 1.6"H x 14.0"W x 10.4"D
Weight: 7.5lbs. (8.65 total travel weight)
Battery: 8-cell Lithium-ion (Li-ion)

This is the link to your ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 driver
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/mobility-xp.html

Set a System Restore Point before installing just in case

Hope this helps
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #51  
Old 12-28-2006, 04:12 PM
hisix Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5
I'm experiencing the same problem and don't know what to install. Can you help me bookworm?

Here are my specs:
Operating System
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

Processor
1.40 gigahertz Intel Celeron M
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Drives
80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
3.92 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

MATSHITA UJ-840D [CD-ROM drive]

TOSHIBA MK8026GAX [Hard drive] (80.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n X59H7432T, rev PA002D, SMART Status: Healthy

System Model
Hewlett-Packard Pavilion dv4000 (EP369UA#ABA)
System Serial Number: 2CE602059T
Enclosure Type: Notebook

Main Circuit Board
Board: Hewlett-Packard 308C 35.30
Bus Clock: 400 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix F.16 07/27/2005

Memory Modules
504 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'M1' has 256 MB
Slot 'M2' has 256 MB

Local Drive Volumes
c: (NTFS on drive 0) 80.02 GB 3.92 GB free
Reply With Quote

  #52  
Old 12-28-2006, 07:04 PM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisix
I'm experiencing the same problem and don't know what to install. Can you help me bookworm?

Here are my specs:
Operating System
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

Processor
1.40 gigahertz Intel Celeron M
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Drives
80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
3.92 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

MATSHITA UJ-840D [CD-ROM drive]

TOSHIBA MK8026GAX [Hard drive] (80.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n X59H7432T, rev PA002D, SMART Status: Healthy

System Model
Hewlett-Packard Pavilion dv4000 (EP369UA#ABA)
System Serial Number: 2CE602059T
Enclosure Type: Notebook

Main Circuit Board
Board: Hewlett-Packard 308C 35.30
Bus Clock: 400 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix F.16 07/27/2005

Memory Modules
504 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'M1' has 256 MB
Slot 'M2' has 256 MB

Local Drive Volumes
c: (NTFS on drive 0) 80.02 GB 3.92 GB free

here's the link to your HP Pavilion dv4000 drivers http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...6 8789&dlc=en

audio is first in list it's ADI 1981B

Set a System Restore Point before installing just in case

Hope this helps
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #53  
Old 12-28-2006, 08:36 PM
hisix Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5
Thanks bookworm, but during the installation process, I encounter an error and my computer automatically restarts. How am I supposed to install this?
Reply With Quote

  #54  
Old 12-29-2006, 02:50 AM
syd_is_god Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1
I have the same problem. my whole screen is bigger and when i try to change the screen resolution, it only gets bigger. it won't let me play this game and the Video Controller VGA has a !

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) TOSHIBA Satellite M65 PSM60U-0CF02M
System Serial Number: Y5234452K
Enclosure Type: Notebook
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium M
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: TOSHIBA EBQ10
BIOS: TOSHIBA V1.40 09/30/2005
Drives Memory Modules c,d
99.83 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
22.39 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632B [CD-ROM drive]

TOSHIBA MK1032GAX [Hard drive] (99.83 GB) -- drive 0, s/n X5RV7270S, rev AB211A, SMART Status: Healthy 1024 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'M1' has 512 MB
Slot 'M2' has 512 MB
Local Drive Volumes


c: (NTFS on drive 0) 99.83 GB 22.39 GB free

I hope thats what you needed.

what do I do?
Reply With Quote

  #55  
Old 12-30-2006, 06:12 PM
Dan Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3
Same problem

Hi-

I have a similar problem as everyone else. Recently the computer crashed and it seemed to be the video card (The computer has also been acting very slow!!!). I bought and installed a G-Force 5200 card, but I cannot seem to reload the VGA Controller before putting on its drivers. I checked the Dell webiste and the file they recommend says that it is not compatible with my system. Below is my system info- any help would be much appricated!- thank you

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Dell Computer Corporation Dimension 4600
Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.67 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Dell Computer Corp. 02Y832
Bus Clock: 533 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Computer Corporation A06 10/08/2003
Drives Memory Modules c,d
79.95 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
50.56 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B [CD-ROM drive]
SONY CD-RW CRX216E [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

Maxtor 6Y080L0 [Hard drive] (80.00 GB) -- drive 0, s/n Y273Y03E, rev YAR41BW0, SMART Status: Healthy 1024 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'CHANNEL A DIMM 0' has 512 MB
Slot 'CHANNEL B DIMM 0' has 512 MB
Slot 'CHANNEL A DIMM 1' is Empty
Slot 'CHANNEL B DIMM 1' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 79.95 GB 50.56 GB free

Controllers Display
Standard floppy disk controller
Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers (2x)
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 [Display adapter]
Default Monitor
Bus Adapters Multimedia
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D4
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Communications Other Devices
Reply With Quote

  #56  
Old 12-30-2006, 07:12 PM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisix
Thanks bookworm, but during the installation process, I encounter an error and my computer automatically restarts. How am I supposed to install this?

Checked the serial number and leads to this model http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 21870&dlc=en

scroll down to the Intel Chipset Installation Utility, install, then Restart your comp, then install the audio driver again

Set System Restore Points before installing each driver

Hope this helps
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #57  
Old 12-30-2006, 08:57 PM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Hi-

I have a similar problem as everyone else. Recently the computer crashed and it seemed to be the video card (The computer has also been acting very slow!!!). I bought and installed a G-Force 5200 card, but I cannot seem to reload the VGA Controller before putting on its drivers. I checked the Dell webiste and the file they recommend says that it is not compatible with my system. Below is my system info- any help would be much appricated!- thank you

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Dell Computer Corporation Dimension 4600
Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.67 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Dell Computer Corp. 02Y832
Bus Clock: 533 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Computer Corporation A06 10/08/2003
Drives Memory Modules c,d
79.95 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
50.56 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B [CD-ROM drive]
SONY CD-RW CRX216E [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

Maxtor 6Y080L0 [Hard drive] (80.00 GB) -- drive 0, s/n Y273Y03E, rev YAR41BW0, SMART Status: Healthy 1024 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'CHANNEL A DIMM 0' has 512 MB
Slot 'CHANNEL B DIMM 0' has 512 MB
Slot 'CHANNEL A DIMM 1' is Empty
Slot 'CHANNEL B DIMM 1' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 79.95 GB 50.56 GB free

Controllers Display
Standard floppy disk controller
Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers (2x)
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 [Display adapter]
Default Monitor
Bus Adapters Multimedia
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D4
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Communications Other Devices

The drivers offered by Dell are either Intergrated or a Graphic card supplied by them, when you fitted the new card did the New Hardware Wizard not launch to say new hardware found, and if it did did you use the disc supplied with the new card to install the driver.

Hope this helps
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #58  
Old 12-31-2006, 01:51 AM
Dan Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm
The drivers offered by Dell are either Intergrated or a Graphic card supplied by them, when you fitted the new card did the New Hardware Wizard not launch to say new hardware found, and if it did did you use the disc supplied with the new card to install the driver.

Hope this helps

I am a bit of a novice on this, but I believe the orginal graphics card was onboard (intergrated??). I added this new one to the PCI slot. Just to be clear, I didn't necessarly want a new graphics card, I just replaced it because I though the old one was broken. To answer your question, yes, the new hardware wizard does come up when I boot, but the disc that comes with the graphics card only has the G-Force 5200 drivers on it- not the files for the VGA controller.... thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote

  #59  
Old 12-31-2006, 08:01 PM
bookworm's Avatar
bookworm Offline
Sound Queen
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 15,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
I am a bit of a novice on this, but I believe the orginal graphics card was onboard (intergrated??). I added this new one to the PCI slot. Just to be clear, I didn't necessarly want a new graphics card, I just replaced it because I though the old one was broken. To answer your question, yes, the new hardware wizard does come up when I boot, but the disc that comes with the graphics card only has the G-Force 5200 drivers on it- not the files for the VGA controller.... thank you for your help!

Go here to Dell http://support.euro.dell.com/support...os=WW1&osl=EN#

install the Chipset driver, this installs INF files, then restart your computer

Then when the New Hardware Wizard comes up, install the gaphic driver

Set a System Restore Point before installing just in case

Hope this helps
__________________
Hope this helps

Barbara MCP

Friends are
Gods apology
for relations.


It's not what you know, it's who you know ( especially the members of the Software Tips&Tricks Forum )
Reply With Quote

  #60  
Old 12-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Dan Offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm
Go here to Dell http://support.euro.dell.com/support...os=WW1&osl=EN#

install the Chipset driver, this installs INF files, then restart your computer

Then when the New Hardware Wizard comes up, install the gaphic driver

Set a System Restore Point before installing just in case

Hope this helps
Hi Bookworm- I think this may have solved the problem- thank you very much for your help!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with video controller drivers... smahamkl Windows XP 25 02-24-2012 07:02 PM
AC97 driver for xp needed! GoBigNick Drivers 193 11-30-2011 05:46 AM
Multimedia Video Controller houdinitattoo Drivers 18 10-30-2011 05:26 AM
I Need Help With Missing Drivers Please!!! jsin510 Windows 95/98/ME 1 03-14-2005 02:10 PM
Missing drivers nunforever Windows 95/98/ME 3 10-02-2003 08:59 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.3.2 © 2005, Crawlability, Inc.