SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum

Go Back   SoftwareTipsandTricks Forum > Operating Systems > Windows XP
User Name
Password

Deleting My Old Disk Structure?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 2.44 average. Display Modes

Old 08-21-2006, 01:50 AM
VicoChoi Offline

Deleting My Old Disk Structure?

Hey, can anyone tell me how I can delete my old disk structure? I try just by deleting it but it can't be removed. Is there another way of deleting the it? Please help and thank you.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:27 PM
snowmonkey Offline

What do you mean by "delete my old disk structure" ? all you need to do is to delete the partition and recreate it a again...or am I missing understanding it !!!

Cheers

Old 08-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Kevin_gibson Offline

Quote:
What do you mean by "delete my old disk structure" ? all you need to do is to delete the partition and recreate it a again...or am I missing understanding it !!!

Old disk structure usually means he has ran a "non destructive recovery" which supposedly backs up data and stores it in to a folder called "old disk structure"

I guess the only way to delete this is to do a complete over all of your system and wipe it clean.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:58 AM
visserbj Offline

deleting old disk structure

I have the same problem. On the system (XP) partition now I have six files named old disk structure. They take about 10 Giga of my system disk. I try to delete them but this is not possible.
Can anybody help me how to do this?? Deleting the partition should be the last.
Visserbj

Old 03-02-2014, 06:00 PM
pieholecram2 Offline

I could not delete my old disk structure for years but just downloaded TreeSize Free and deleted part of it. Then I went in to folders and deleted almost all of it. I had to do it a few times but much easier then anything else I tried and failed at.