Although you can set some folders to scroll from the start menu, it is sometimes easier to make a "folder menu" that can simply be expanded from the taskbar.
1. Right-click the taskbar, and uncheck Lock the Taskbar.
2. Right-click the taskbar again, and go to Toolbars > New Toolbar...
3. A dialog will come up. Click the folder you want as a menu.
4. If the folder suddenly consumes the taskbar, move the handle next to the title to the right until only the title and the double-arrow expansion button can be seen (next to the tray area).
5. Right-click the taskbar, and check Lock the Taskbar again.
The folder will now be accessible in a menu-like fashion from the taskbar. Big time saver! If you want to remove it later on, just right-click the taskbar, and uncheck the folder title you want removed under Toolbars.
Note: Also works in Windows 2000, ME, and 98.