1. Update / patch ALL your software every now and then!
2. Check / adjust ALL your settings so they are safe, since they ARENT by default!
3. Use firewall, like ZoneAlarm!
4. Use good passwords: at least 13marks long, containing both letters and numbers. Remember to chance your password every few months atleast!
5. Get a good antivirus program: F-Secure or Norton Antivirus and keep it updated!
6. Donít open or execute files that you are not 100% sure are absolutely safe nomatter where or how you get them.
7. Wipe your historyfiles (like cookies, internet history and temporary files, etc.), logs and personal files, with specific wiping program (like Eraser) instead of just deleting them.
8. Use encryption to enhance your privacy! Use encrypted email (like Hushmail or Ziplip) and encrypt sensitive files on your computer (PGP).
9. Donít use public computers for anything you need to type in your logins, they usually have Trojan horses that capture your passwords.
10. Donít assume anything. If you donít know, find out! If you cant or donít understand, ask someone who knows! Thereís nothing more dangerous than doing something you donít really know anything about. Thatís the best way to cripple your system or get a Trojan horse on your computer!